Raro Is Coming To Chiang Mai

raro

Duck and cover CM people. I've heard about raro from the Pattaya forum members

:D

What is a Raro and why does it need beer?

:D I let others answer this one...

Raro is German for "drink huge amounts of alcohol until semicomatose" it also involves doing strange things such as playing guitar despite the fact that he has already consumed huge amounts of alcohol already and is incapable of stringing two chords together. While this is sufficient for most of the status quo catalog it doesn't mean that the correct chords played were the ones intended by the songwriter.

I should add that you are lucky that his partner in debauchery KDF didn't make the trip north.

However Bazmb has been sighted in town and will undoutably be doing his best to raise the living standards of the local bars and bar lasses :)

In any event hope everyone has a good time

CB

that all sounds pretty good! So watch this space, Friday night is a networking event at Le Meridien where I will attend and Saturday Guitar Man.

So who is coming Sat night?

I'm out during the day, but will try and make it. God its nearly 3am! I'm for bed.

You are right about the bumps, but Melbourne pizza is reputed to be right up there with New York pizza. I think that you might know a thing or two! :)

Melbourne has a huge population of Italians and Greeks plus every other nationality you can name. They brought their food and culture to Australia and blessed us poor stock of Britain who thought good food was two lamb chops with three veg and potato. Yes they do make great pizza - mainly in the thicker Chicago style. Sydney seems to have more of the thinner crust New York styles. Maybe regional or may just be taste preference.

Is Nicky still at Guitarman? Last I spoke with him he was heading back overseas to take over a restaurant.

Thanks for the reply

CB

hey cb, still in chiang mai,still rockin' still knocking out pizzas,,,,,,still alive ! hope all well and good with you. :D

thanks a lot for the advise! Guitarman Bar sounds promising and the prospects of not meeting any yanks ...oooops...forgot I'm a mod now :):D

so who is in for some armbending on Saturday night?

will pop along tonight/tomorrow and see what is on at the guitarman and stick it on here

i'm led to believe a great night of rock'n'roll is to be had on saturday night at guitarman,live music starts at 8 bells with tum rasta,followed at 9 by the fantastic boy blues band, 10 o'clock see's aussie john hit the stage with some classic rock'n'roll,and to finish the evening off richie castro's big saturday jam....see you there ! :D

ooooooooo........what a night.....and what a headache this morning.... :D

It was great meeting you all and thanks again to the Guitar Man for putting that great music on stage. You can all consider yourself lucky that there were too many beer bottles between me and the stage so that I could not find my way up there.

Thanks also to everyone who turned up and made this evening happening. I think this was not my last trip to CM and hope to meet all of you again some day. :)

...and don't forget: next Saturday is TV party in Pattaya. Come over and have a look for yourself how nice Pattaya is, the friendliness of the people...don't believe those rumours spread in Chiang Mai :D

Is Nicky still at Guitarman? Last I spoke with him he was heading back overseas to take over a restaurant.

hey cb, still in chiang mai,still rockin' still knocking out pizzas,,,,,,still alive ! hope all well and good with you. :)

Always good mate - I am pleased that Nicky is still there - I love his pepperoni pizza and he makes a great burger even if he can't bring himself to put beetroot and pineapple on it for the Aussie contingent Mmmmmmmmmm Beetroot

Nick has also got one of the sweetest Gretch guitars anyone is likely to see anywhere let alone Thailand. Seeing it being pounded for Punk music brings tears to my eyes but it sounds wicked.

I am hanging out to getting back to CM and catching up with everyone

CB

ooooooooo........what a night.....and what a headache this morning.... :D

Ahhh raro pleased you had a good night mate :D

Umm did you manage to find your way up to Spicy's later in the night? Hmmmmmmmm?

...and don't forget: next Saturday is TV party in Pattaya. Come over and have a look for yourself how nice Pattaya is, the friendliness of the people...don't believe those rumours spread in Chiang Mai :D

Ummmmmm I think I spread most of those rumours :)

I have lived in both Chiang Mai and Pattaya they are totally differrent in character but both have some great people in the expat community. Anyone looking for a fun week should seriously think about heading down there for the party and then have a look around.

CB

Good night had by all I think, really impressed by the music, great atmosphere. I hadn't been for a couple of years and my memories of the night back then were of some more average sessions. Has the ownership, bands etc changed?

one more thing to mention: I did not stay in any of the hotels you guys recommended as they were either fully booked (except for the president's suite) or had no WiFi in the rooms.

Stayed at Peaks Garden Condo, rented out by a fellow TVer and had a full blown furnished apartment @ 1,300 a night, walking distance from the Guitar Man. Will stay there again for sure!

• 2 weeks later...