Mastication Techniques

thirdeyedmt

This friday i am due to have two wisdom teeth removed, i have heard from friends that eating can be quite painfull for sevral days after.

i was just wondering if anyone has any advice in which to make the removal of my third molars a less painfull weekend?

regards

This friday i am due to have two wisdom teeth removed, i have heard from friends that eating can be quite painfull for sevral days after.

i was just wondering if anyone has any advice in which to make the removal of my third molars a less painfull weekend?

regards

you like yogurt ?

I've had all my wisdom teeth removed, one at a time though. Perhaps I've been lucky but I've been able to eat again within 4/5 hours or so with little or no discomfort. Like you, I had heard similar things about difficulty in eating etc, just posting to let you know that's not always the case. Good luck...

I was going back to the UK last Christmas for a 2 week holiday, and the day before my flight was booked one of my back Wisdom Teeth was killing me, I was scared but knew it had to come out, I was in agony....

Went to a Dentist, here in Pattaya, the Lady Dentist removed it and i honestly did'nt even know.

The only pain I felt was the anasthetic needle before. I was given some painkillers, and cotton wool to chew on for 1 hour. I did not need the Painkillers at all, I had no pain whatsoever.

To be honest, I am quite looking forward to having my other one removed.

Good luck, and dont be scared, just eat soft food for a couple of days.

PS... I paid a Thousand Baht because it was a wisdom tooth tucked away at the very back of the top of my mouth.

My experience was similar to JUDAS. Had two lower wisdoms removed at the same time, though under general anesthetic due to being deeply impacted, in the morning - I had no problems eating that evening. Though a thick steak may be a bit much. :)

Mashed potatoes. Had all 4 out when I was 20. Your doc will likely also tell you to NOT eat through a straw as the suction might keep you bleeding a little longer or restart the bleeding in small amounts.

:)

Pattaya Girl; 'looking forward to having my other one removed' your probably the type who could put Mike Tyson in his place. Do you drink whiskey neat also? I envy people who see a dentist as a good experience.