Doing A Few Border Runs With Filipina Girlfriend

I just returned from Cagayan de Oro, Phil, and have decided to move there to live in retirement. I have been in Thailand on back-to-back tourist visas and border runs for over 3 years. My Yankee dollar seems to go further in the Phil where they still have Carlsberg at only 19 pesoes or 13.50 baht per can! Even have American Miller Geniune Draft beer at 15.50 baht. But price comparision is another story.

I was considering bringing my Filipina girlfriend here to enjoy Pattaya for a few months before we pack up my room and ship it off to Cebu, Philippines. I am retired and have a monthly pension so am not concerned with doing a few more border runs to Poipet. But ..... what about her? We are not married yet and I am concerned that Immigration may give her a problem since she is dependent upon me for her income. I could use some advice please? And if anyone would like to discuss anything about CDO, Phil with me feel free to let me know.

hi, my precious one also from Cebu, congrats!

don't worry about Poipet - they all go there and nothing yet happen with them. as far as I heard from my wife about her Phil friends.

I've seen some problems at the border with thai officers, but all of Philli ladies got there visa anyhow.

regards

TOURIST VISA EXEMPTION

- According to the Interior Ministerial Announcements dated 1 October B.E. 2545 (2002), 20 December B.E. 2545 (2002) and 18 October B.E. 2547 (2004) , passport holders from 39 countries and Hong Kong SAR do not require a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes if their stay in the Kingdom does not exceed 30 days.

- The applicant must possess instrument of means of living expenses 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family accordingly.

- Please also be advised that ordinary passport holders of 39 countries and Hong Kong who intend to engage in certain activities are eligible to apply for a visa when entering the Kingdom if their qualifications meet the conditions set forth by the Office of Immigration Bureau. For more information, please contact the Office of Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Tel. (662) 287-3101-10 or at website http://police.go.th

• List of 39 countries and one region is as follows:

28. Philippines : Republic of the Philippines

You/ll see from the above that the Philippines are on the list of Tourist visa exemption countries so she could come here for up to 30 days without obtaining a visa prior to departure...providing she meets the criteria (6 mth left to run on passport ....onward ticket etc.), but this would mean she would have to border run after the first 30 days stay. What i would recommend is for her to obtain a single entry tourist visa at the Thai Consulate/Embassy in the Philippines this would give her a 60 day stay upon arrival in Thailand which could be extended by 30 days in country if needed. Since you are not married your relationship doesnt come into the equation....... :o

Edited by thaiflyer1

If you are with her during border crossings things are likely to go smoother as you will be assumed to be a couple and her reasons for travel less suspect than a single attractive female.

You should of been a diplomat Lop........... :o

Top tips for terrorists...use unattractive females

I was considering bringing my Filipina girlfriend here to enjoy Pattaya for a few months before we pack up my room and ship it off to Cebu, Philippines. I am retired and have a monthly pension so am not concerned with doing a few more border runs to Poipet. But ..... what about her? We are not married yet and I am concerned that Immigration may give her a problem since she is dependent upon me for her income. I could use some advice please? And if anyone would like to discuss anything about CDO, Phil with me feel free to let me know.

As long as she go with you, or you with her you won't have any problem. Your Girlfriend don't even need a Visa for Cambodia.

I had the same problem 5 years back with my Girlfriend from Indonesia. The Officer always ask her what she does in Thailand, but when they realized that we crossed the border together they always let her go and enter without any problems. I have no Idea how they handle such cases now, because since over 4 years I don't do border runs to Cambodia.

If you are with her during border crossings things are likely to go smoother as you will be assumed to be a couple and her reasons for travel less suspect than a single attractive female.

You should of been a diplomat Lop........... :D

He is a diplomat :o A man who can tell ya to go to h e l l and manages to make you look forward to the trip :D