Advice Pls On Import Ttr-250 From Cambodia Overland?

damaja

Hi, i'm newbie to posting but been reading topics on thaivisa 4 a few years (while living in Cambodia)...

Moving to BKK 5th July from Phnom Penh and would dearly love to figure a way to bring over my fantastic ole buddy, my Yamaha TTR250 Raid...

I've just been reading mentions on other topics (and GT-rider forum) about import duty being waived on bikes that are 250cc or less... is this true???!!!

Has anyone any experience (or known anyone that's done it) importing a 250cc bike from Cambodia? Any idea of what costs/issues will/might ensue?

Ideally I'd like to just drive it through the border point at Koh Kong/Hat Lek, but can/how would that be done?

Cheers in advance for any replies. :)

post-76845-1245956716_thumb.jpg

ma boy!

We need more info. is it registered in Cambodia, if yes in who's name. are you going to do border runs every 3 months. I think you can bring it in as a cambodian personal import and border run it. LivinLOs has friends that do this in Phuket. If you where not staying in Bkk. i would just say ride it over the border(not at a crossing) then take the cambo plate off.

Allan

• 3 weeks later...
We need more info. is it registered in Cambodia, if yes in who's name. are you going to do border runs every 3 months. I think you can bring it in as a cambodian personal import and border run it. LivinLOs has friends that do this in Phuket. If you where not staying in Bkk. i would just say ride it over the border(not at a crossing) then take the cambo plate off.

Allan

Cheers for the reply Allan.

As I didn't figure out a solution in time before leaving Cambo I sold the TT-R already [sigh].

Besides, I'm living in Bangkok, so I guess I made the right decision, as I understand the police are pretty alert to big bikes with/without the right plates in BKK.

Now just on the look out for something 2nd hand, my kind of size (6'3"), for less than 70,000 bht.... ?