Web Cam2cam

stats

Just curious....

HEy Guys,

I just want to know if i am using the Web cam to chat with another part in YAhoo chat...Can my PC be infected by Virus using cam2cam chat??

As you can see we are actually receiving videos or image from other PArty

What if the other party Pc have a virus...can it infect my PC ???

thanx

Tytus

Got to agree with cdnvic - its pretty improbable that you can get a virus from a streaming web cam image.

With chat programs the caution is with messages from people you know sending you a file as an attachment. It could be a virus on their machine trying to fool you into opening the file/virus. Just make sure you are chatting to the person and so you know he/she is really on the other end sending you a genuine file.

Almost all viruses come through email as attachments, or from infected web sites that try and get you to instal some program (could appear as an update to some program, or even as an anti virus patch.) Just be a bit careful about clicking ok on updates and only do so at reputable sites. If in doubt do a free on line scan at:http://www.trendmicro.com/en/home/global/enterprise.htm

- that site takes a while to download the scan engine, so be patient. If it detects a virus you may be able to "clean" it, or else "delete" it. Very rarely a virus will not be cleanable or deleteable - and then you have to follow the instructions at the site very carfully. One method however, that Trend do not suggest, that is often the easiest with non-deletable viruses, is to note the address of the file (that trend tell you) Boot into safe mode, and delete the file. Then reboot normally and you should find the file is now deletable. Doesn't work ever time but..

most viruses don't cause much harm, very few actually delete anything, they just try to get your credit card numbers and such (so don't type them into your computer if you can help it) Even then - they send the info to 1000s of addresses only one of which will actually be the virus writer waiting for the info (to throw police off the scent) and even then it's not at all likely that it will ever be used. Still, a regular scan is good as viruses do use up your resources and slow your internet speeds, and even overheat your cpu.