Your Favourite Michael Jackson Song

ThaiPauly

I first heard "Ben" when I was about 10 years old.

Just loved it ever since.

I loved it even more when I learned the song was written about a rat.

I never paid attention to it before, but I heard it on the news a few days ago and was most impressed. A love song to a rat is not an easy thing to get away with! :)

This passing has hit me much harder than I expected. Yeah, I was pissed off like a lot of people about the trials and inappropriate behavior, and didn't understand the lurid metamorphis from a beautiful, talented boy into a plastic surgery freak. But anyone with an ounce of humanity, would not make the comments that have been posted on this forum if they truly understood his life, and all that he came through. Yes, he has had inappropriate and unconventional contact with children, but none of us truly know if he was an active pedophile, or someone who was simply trying to reclaim an aspect of his lost and abusive childhood. Would a real pedophile so innocently declare on film that he lets children sleep with him in his room and bed? I don't know the answer to that question, but neither do you. I know that I have let children sleep in my bed, and I am not a pedophile. He was also surrounded by people who wanted something from him, and most often that was money.

Regardless of what all the haters on this forum and everywhere else say, I will always remember Michael for what he meant to me and millions upon millions of people around the world. As a child growing up in the segregated, inner-city New York during the 70s, it is hard to describe what he meant to us if you weren't there. For those born in the 60s, he has been with us our entire lives; we grew up with him. The Jackson 5 were quite simply one of the biggest talents to shatter the race barrier EVER, and it was all becase of Michael Jackson. He was a poor, humble boy from Gary, Indiana, who was driven mercilessly by his father, who was told that he was ugly every day, and called big nose over and over again, who had to grow up since the age of 5 in front of the cameras, later developing a skin condition and assorted health problems, and who probably had to suppress his own homosexuality because of fear of rejection from same tyrannical father, and others.

Through it all, he remained humble. He was in the Guinness Book of Records for contributing the most to charity, and for the longest, all anonymously. He had secret love affairs with working-class men: a waiter, a construction worker. Yes, after "Off the Wall" and "Thriller", most of his songs were kind of glitzy pop songs, but that doesn't take away from what he was or what he contributed. There is no doubt that his earlier work and peak albums place him in the pantheon of the greatest artists our lifetimes have ever seen.

RIP Michael. I always remember you as that beautiful, crazily talented little boy, who gave so much and of whom so much was taken. I grieve for that boy and young man, and celebrate all that you have given us.

www.youtube.com - Michael Jackson - I wanna be where you are

www.youtube.com - Jackson 5 - Got to be there & Brand New Thing

www.youtube.com - Michael Jackson - Billy Jean

www.youtube.com - Michael Jackson - James Brown Dies (Tribute w/ Michael Jackson)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...months-ago.html

Rock with you was the track that got me into him and up to thriller he was the man. Personal life aside he will be remembered as a great performer and dancer, though he admitted copying Jeffery Daniels from Shalama in the moon dancing and moves. Check this video out of Shalama on top of the pops performing " A night to remember " Then think MJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ImkBve8OW8

Also this

Yeah, Shalamar were the bomb, and Jeff Daniels did do the backslide first. But, who inspired him, and who inspired Don Campbell, and on and on. Jeff Daniels picked up a lot of his moves that originated from the street, and took them mainstream. So, everyone is inspired and learning something from someone on some level, including Jeff Daniels.

This passing has hit me much harder than I expected. Yeah, I was pissed off like a lot of people about the trials and inappropriate behavior, and didn't understand the lurid metamorphis from a beautiful, talented boy into a plastic surgery freak. But anyone with an ounce of humanity, would not make the comments that have been posted on this forum if they truly understood his life, and all that he came through. Yes, he has had inappropriate and unconventional contact with children, but none of us truly know if he was an active pedophile, or someone who was simply trying to reclaim an aspect of his lost and abusive childhood. Would a real pedophile so innocently declare on film that he lets children sleep with him in his room and bed? I don't know the answer to that question, but neither do you. I know that I have let children sleep in my bed, and I am not a pedophile. He was also surrounded by people who wanted something from him, and most often that was money.

Regardless of what all the haters on this forum and everywhere else say, I will always remember Michael for what he meant to me and millions upon millions of people around the world. As a child growing up in the segregated, inner-city New York during the 70s, it is hard to describe what he meant to us if you weren't there. For those born in the 60s, he has been with us our entire lives; we grew up with him. The Jackson 5 were quite simply one of the biggest talents to shatter the race barrier EVER, and it was all becase of Michael Jackson. He was a poor, humble boy from Gary, Indiana, who was driven mercilessly by his father, who was told that he was ugly every day, and called big nose over and over again, who had to grow up since the age of 5 in front of the cameras, later developing a skin condition and assorted health problems, and who probably had to suppress his own homosexuality because of fear of rejection from same tyrannical father, and others.

Through it all, he remained humble. He was in the Guinness Book of Records for contributing the most to charity, and for the longest, all anonymously. He had secret love affairs with working-class men: a waiter, a construction worker. Yes, after "Off the Wall" and "Thriller", most of his songs were kind of glitzy pop songs, but that doesn't take away from what he was or what he contributed. There is no doubt that his earlier work and peak albums place him in the pantheon of the greatest artists our lifetimes have ever seen.

RIP Michael. I always remember you as that beautiful, crazily talented little boy, who gave so much and of whom so much was taken. I grieve for that boy and young man, and celebrate all that you have given us.

Nice Post Kat :)

I'm afraid I need to step in here and advise the members on this thread that Thaivisa doesn't tolerate discussions of pedophilia or suspected pedophilia for well-flogged reasons. Furthermore, it is really off-topic in this thread (the topic seems to be "Your Favourite Michael Jackson Song"). If this trend of referring to these kinds of criminal allegations against him continues, I'm afraid the thread will have to be closed. Up to you.

usher was fantastic singing his cover of gone too soon at the memorial the other night, a beautiful song

here's the original video & the text that explains a little about the song

Music video by Michael Jackson paying tribute to Ryan White. Ryan was a hemophiliac since he was six days old. When he was 13, it increase into AIDS, he passed away in 1990 at 18 years old.

the displayed video may not work but the link to youtube will show the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuavXaJjuqw

RIP

Ryan White

RIP

Michael Jackson

Edited by bkkbound04

I've been a fan of MJ for 15 years and was deeply saddend by the news.. My favourtie songs are:

Dirty Diana

Give in to me

Who is it

Speechless

She's out of my life

Ghosts

MJ The greatest entertainer of all time!!

RIP

usher was fantastic singing his cover of gone too soon at the memorial the other night, a beautiful song

here's the original video & the text that explains a little about the song

Music video by Michael Jackson paying tribute to Ryan White. Ryan was a hemophiliac since he was six days old. When he was 13, it increase into AIDS, he passed away in 1990 at 18 years old.

the displayed video may not work but the link to youtube will show the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuavXaJjuqw

RIP

Ryan White

RIP

Michael Jackson

Thank you for sharing this with us, to me this shows the real mj, it is impossible to identify his greatest hit, they are so many and it what thay mean to the billions of people that have enjoyed and then is personal, for some it will be the grove, the dance others the meaning and feeling behind the lyrics.

there is no doubt he was a unique talant and a victim of a sad life but his legacy will live on as strong as elvis, john lennon, buudy holly and frank sinarta.

my mj song is One day in your life. I will will always remember you little mikey

• 2 weeks later...
I am devastated by the news of his untimely death.

I have sort of grown up with him, watching him when he was a kid to the present.

Say what you like about him...but he was a Brilliant Entertainer, he was not known as "The King Of Pop" for no good reason.

My favourite songs have to be:

You Are Not Alone

I'll Be There

I Want You Back

Black & White

Thriller...(what a video)

RIP Michael :)

Yours?

Since you are asking:

Favourite song...Dirty Diana, Beat It and Earth song equally.

How will I remember him...as a man who paid millions of dollars to shut up the boy he was accused of molesting.

Don't need to have a debate, OP asked, I answered. Plus I have no idea if he did it, it's just how I remember him.