Building A Gym / Workshop

TexasRanger

Now my house and perimeter wall is finished, my next project will be a separate building which will be a gymnasium with an attached workshop / storage place. Was wondering if anyone has done somthing similar and has any pics to give me some style ideas?

How's this? post-21740-1245985803_thumb.jpg

Gymnasium sounds rather grandiose. I'd love to see your house.

Are you actually thinking of an "exercise room" or "workout room" as we commonly call them--with a few weights and a couple pieces of equipment?

Are you actually thinking of an "exercise room" or "workout room" as we commonly call them--with a few weights and a couple pieces of equipment?

I think you know that's what I mean, but I'll humour you, yes.

Not really. There's some pretty rich dudes who've relocated here. Look at Naam's pool.

You just sounded like a non-native English speaker, that's all. Thought you might want to be a little more specific so we could help you with our boundless resources of knowledge here on TV. :)

Not really. There's some pretty rich dudes who've relocated here. Look at Naam's pool.

You just sounded like a non-native English speaker, that's all. Thought you might want to be a little more specific so we could help you with our boundless resources of knowledge here on TV. :)

I only wish I was that rich, I am thinking of an approximately 40sqM room for the usual suspects (Weights bench, squat rack, punch bag etc,) and then a separate section for a work bench Possibly thinking of double doors or a roller shutter style door for access of big peices of equipment and maybe parking the bike when I am away.

I only wish I was that rich, I am thinking of an approximately 40sqM room for the usual suspects (Weights bench, squat rack, punch bag etc,) and then a separate section for a work bench Possibly thinking of double doors or a roller shutter style door for access of big peices of equipment and maybe parking the bike when I am away.

If you post a bit more information I will make a drawing & 3D renderings at no charge and post it.

structure dimensions, wall/ceiling heights, workshop size, etc.

If you post a bit more information I will make a drawing & 3D renderings at no charge and post it.

structure dimensions, wall/ceiling heights, workshop size, etc.

That's very kind of you thanks, I am in the process of doing an autocad drawing of the sizes etc. but I am not a very artistic person and it is the styling that I am having trouble with, I will put my idea up soon.

I'm working on a similar project here. I bought a squat rack from gymware.com for a decent price compared to back home (US) but have seen that if I could weld on my own or hire a guy to do it, I dcould create quite a gym. (Pullup bars, squat rack....etc). I'm interested to see what you come up with

One-man-gym or do you want to be able to work out with a buddy? Any cardio equipment? Are you in to mirrors? Compact and functional or something you can show your friends? Do you watch TV or want any kind of view outside?

My biggest thing is having cross-ventilation (ideally bring air in low on the perimeter and exhaust at the roof) with pretty good air speed. I prefer to have screens since the mosquitoes seem to love that environment. Enough ventilation and it doesn't smell like a gym. Do you need a de-humidifier for comfort?

One-man-gym or do you want to be able to work out with a buddy? Any cardio equipment? Are you in to mirrors? Compact and functional or something you can show your friends? Do you watch TV or want any kind of view outside?

My biggest thing is having cross-ventilation (ideally bring air in low on the perimeter and exhaust at the roof) with pretty good air speed. I prefer to have screens since the mosquitoes seem to love that environment. Enough ventilation and it doesn't smell like a gym. Do you need a de-humidifier for comfort?

Mirrors are for pussies.

That's a nice little gym mate, where did you get the equipment?

Jackies fitness near pinkloa and some stuff at an other mall. But i love the powerrack the most it allows me to do everything i want. Since i own it i have been able to go heavy safely.

Jackies fitness near pinkloa and some stuff at an other mall. But i love the powerrack the most it allows me to do everything i want. Since i own it i have been able to go heavy safely.

I know what you mean, the power rack will be the main thing in my gym too, no need to worry about anything with one of those. Bare minimum I need a rack, set of dumbells, pull up bar and my heavy bag, should do me fine. I am thinking of incorporating some kind of outdoor hot tub / plunge pool for relaxing afterwards.

I know what you mean, the power rack will be the main thing in my gym too, no need to worry about anything with one of those. Bare minimum I need a rack, set of dumbells, pull up bar and my heavy bag, should do me fine. I am thinking of incorporating some kind of outdoor hot tub / plunge pool for relaxing afterwards.

Most power racks have a pull up bar so no need to worry about that. Id kill for a outdoor hot tub /pool but no money nor do i have the space. There are nice dumbells for a lot of money bowflex ones going up to 45 kg. But they are expensive.

robblok, is that you in your avatar?

you look well pumped. :)

Yes its me in the avatar, and im not yet in the shape i want to be in. And in some pics ppl look better then in other ones. It has a lot to do with shades.

Yes its me in the avatar, and im not yet in the shape i want to be in. And in some pics ppl look better then in other ones. It has a lot to do with shades.

still, you look hot. good effort, like to see people taking care of bodies and health.

wish i could get off my arse and do it.

still, you look hot. good effort, like to see people taking care of bodies and health.

wish i could get off my arse and do it.

Just do it.. it takes adjusting but once you build it into your day to day life it will become second nature.