Japanese Language Dubbed Dvds Shop Found

Gaccha

Obviously not many forum members have spent their time looking for Hollywood movies dubbed into Japanese. But for Japanese language obsessives this is big news:

There is a small store chain (4 shops) which sells Japanese language videos only. I have had withdrawal symptoms not being able to access the most recent Hoolywood movies in Japanese.

The main store, on a difficult-to-find side street near The Emporium (see map below), has among other things, large numbers of US dramas (e.g. Se-x in the City, CSI), Holloywood releases, Japanese releases, Korean releases. They can also order movies that are unavailable, in 1 hour. And since their main customer is the Japanese 'salaryman', lots of naughty videos.

The staff speak pretty good Japanese-- you'll need to speak a little slowly, or speak Thai. Costs 140 baht for a DVD.

So as Yoda (the Hollywood vision of the Japanese mountain wizard) once said: "dame ja, nani ga nandemo yaru'n da."

The website is here:

www.videoya-fuji.com

post-60541-1245988193_thumb.jpg

You obviously are a native english speaker, why exactly do you want DVD's dubbed into Japanese?

When you've spent so long mastering a language barely spoken outside of a small area of North East Asia, you need small doses of it to assuage your feelings that you may have wasted hours of your life for nothing. And... the Japanese women's pro golf Tour Day 3 was released on 13 June (DVD no 7.9894, if you need to order it), so it is not all about dubbed movies. There was a queue of expats trying to get the 5 or so copies of the golf tour.

Hey man I envy you, I'm working on my Japanese. I love Japan, would be living there if not for my work here. I do date only Japanese women though so it's almost like living there, minus the common sense and competency, clean air, quiet traffic....

I still think it's a tad bit strange to watch hollywood movies dubbed into Japanese though! My "wife" rents from a Japanese video store and gets all kinds of Japanese TV episodes, some are actually quite good, others not so much. If you like I can get you the information on that place if you want to watch Japanese TV shows. I do love Japanese movies and have a pretty good collection myself.

Edited by TheLaughingMan

• 5 months later...

This store and its sister store have just been busted by the ever-alert Thai police for renting pirated DVDs.

http://www.tannetwork.tv/

(see under Crime section: "Police Bust Pirated DVDs in Bangkok: Police bust a store in Bangkok for selling pirated DVDs. Seized items are said to be worth as much as 30 million baht.")

A real shame, since obviously there is no other way of getting this type of DVD...