Lawn Mower

MJP

. . . need the mower. Badly, it's growing so fast I'm expecting to see David Bellamy crawling around in there soon!

What's available? Really fancy a Flymo sort of thing with a grass box. How much and where?

Looked round Home Shop, found some nasty plastic sofas which I don't think will do the job.

Some of the big building supply stores have them. I don't remeber the selection but most I have seen are just the basic model with no grass catcher.

You could use a couple of the type that has 4 legs and have big horns. The side benefit is that they also provide fertilizer for the lawn free of charge. The one's we use look a lot like my avatar. :)

. . . need the mower. Badly, it's growing so fast I'm expecting to see David Bellamy crawling around in there soon!

What's available? Really fancy a Flymo sort of thing with a grass box. How much and where?

Looked round Home Shop, found some nasty plastic sofas which I don't think will do the job.

Last year i got a puch rotary petrol mower with grass collection box. It has a 4HP Briggs & Stratton engine, with easy height adjustment. Had over one year no problems, cost 9990 bht at Home Pro Khon Kaen. Not cheap but should last a very long time, i think better than an electric mower.

You didn't give the size of your lawn.

Last year we bought the below model (no joke !), the main reason was we couldn't afford a tractor and also we have different kind of grass, from the english lawn around the house to the tall savannah grass that we barely keep under control everywhere else.

post-54001-1246077821_thumb.jpg

Lately I'm quite happy, we managed to keep the tall grass under control and then appeared those blue flowers.Thais call it weeds but I find it gives a nice "prairie" feel and it's much cheaper than growing and maintaining the classic english lawn.

post-54001-1246078197_thumb.jpg

post-54001-1246078212_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pierrot

I got the same mower from the Khon Kaen Home Pro that stevevigo purchased.

We have 630 m2 of grass and it works well.

--------------------------------------------------------

Pierrot:

How much was the mower you purchased? I have thought about one of these for the rai behind our house,

I got the same mower from the Khon Kaen Home Pro that stevevigo purchased.

We have 630 m2 of grass and it works well.

--------------------------------------------------------

Pierrot:

How much was the mower you purchased? I have thought about one of these for the rai behind our house,

Sorry, can't really remember, it was more than one year ago. We bought it from the biggest shop in Pak Chong's main road. They are quite helpful, we shopped around, the prices are reasonable and, most important, they have no problem to supply the original warranty papers.

PS : The name of the shop is "Ving Charoen Panich, Pakchong" as per the credit card receipt. They are really honest and helpful. A few month ago they didn't have somme accessories we were looking for, we gave them our address and they mail it two weeks later. I really recommend those people.

Edited by Pierrot

Thanks everyone.

Not a big lawn, front and rear around 300 sq.m. So no need for anything big. We've got a petrol strimmer, but I know I'll destroy all the bedding plants with it.

Love the idea about the buffalo, but I'm scared for my bougainvillea and begonias. Also, a bit small, would take said buffalo more than a 3 point turn to move about.

So between 6000 and 10,000 we reckon. Doable.

Front_garden.pdf

Back_garden.pdf

Is Flymo a firm that makes Electric rotary mowers and other garden products?

http://cart.seasonsoutlet.co.uk/index.php?...9&parent=12

I bought an inexpensive, but dependable "Talon Electric Rotary 1200 watt mower" made in China by the Jenn Feng Ind at a Buriram pump/tool shop. Not that I have operated this device, but our family seems to like it and they obtain "food for cow" from the basket. One of the picture is posed since she had cut the lawn the day before. This mower has been "Thai operated" for over one year with zero problems or servicing. It seemed to me a better value than the more expensive Black and Decker models. Our Talon brand electric drill has been ABused by relatives and even house building staff for over 4 years with only a 60 baht repair so I have faith in this brand.

The gas powered mowers in the posts above might be more suitable for larger gardens.

Question: Have any of the Forum members found a product in Thailand similar to a "crab grass control" that you might see in a Western country? Bayer does not market this product in Thailand, but perhaps there is a "local" solution to the crab grass that "came included" with the lawn sod!

http://www.bayeradvanced.com/product/All-I...ed-Sprayer.html

or Scotts ORTHO Weed Be Gon Max plus crab grass control

post-20604-1246080957_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Not a big lawn, front and rear around 300 sq.m. So no need for anything big. We've got a petrol strimmer, but I know I'll destroy all the bedding plants with it.

Love the idea about the buffalo, but I'm scared for my bougainvillea and begonias. Also, a bit small, would take said buffalo more than a 3 point turn to move about.

Nice house ! :)

Nice garden, Is that babies at the bottom of the poles :) ?

I have a thing for cement/ pottery figures.

another view of my flag poles.

attachment=86986:IMG_5193.JPG]

I like it :D !

But I guess your wife is much more tolerant than mine, mine would never allow me to have that in our garden :D .

I bought an inexpensive, but dependable "Talon Electric Rotary 1200 watt mower" made in China by the Jenn Feng Ind at a Buriram pump/tool shop. Not that I have operated this device, but our family seems to like it and they obtain "food for cow" from the basket. One of the picture is posed since she had cut the lawn the day before. This mower has been "Thai operated" for over one year with zero problems or servicing. It seemed to me a better value than the more expensive Black and Decker models. Our Talon brand electric drill has been ABused by relatives and even house building staff for over 4 years with only a 60 baht repair so I have faith in this brand.

The gas powered mowers in the posts above might be more suitable for larger gardens.

Question: Have any of the Forum members found a product in Thailand similar to a "crab grass control" that you might see in a Western country? Bayer does not market this product in Thailand, but perhaps there is a "local" solution to the crab grass that "came included" with the lawn sod!

Yep, that's the Flymo, although that ones got wheels. £60! So cheap in the UK. :)

How much did you pay for that nice yellow one?

Yep, that's the Flymo, although that ones got wheels. £60! So cheap in the UK. :)

How much did you pay for that nice yellow one?

Thanks everyone.

Nice house ! :)

Cheers,

Although it is orange, but that's changing to 'Hibiscus' (pink, stop laughing).

Still much to do in garden at the back though.

The tool, water pump, water tank shop in Buriram (with Police "hat" box in front) where I bought my Talon brand 1200 watt rotary electric mower now charges 5500 baht for that model. Talon electric tools are widely sold in Thailand so it would be easy to compare prices with a dealer in your area. Maybe a Honda gas engine mower is better for those with a very large garden or tougher weeds than we have, but I think the women at our home seem to understand how the Electric mower works and maintenance has not stumped them. They just clean out the grass basket and have a nephew sharpen the cutting blades.

I have the Honda petrol mower with basket on back for a 900 square metre lawn works really well and always starts from cold 3rd time when hot 1st time.

Great machine.

Cost ฿11,000 so long as you Don,t buy it from Pro Home (Special Offer Price just ฿13,900 !!!)

Bought mine last week from HomePro in Khon Kaen. It's a Smart, electric, Italian made. They had some Black &Decker models but the salesman quietly told me "don't buy that one, we don't have any spare parts for them".

It cost Bht 4,500, has been used once and works very well, so the wife told me.

Bought mine last week from HomePro in Khon Kaen. It's a Smart, electric, Italian made. They had some Black &Decker models but the salesman quietly told me "don't buy that one, we don't have any spare parts for them".

No doubt a birthday present for the wife. An excellent choice!

No doubt a birthday present for the wife. An excellent choice!

Hi Nick

Lucky Sweaty Sock ~~~ The Boss Lady bought me a pair of shears and some knee pads! :)

TBWG :D

http://www.bahtsold.com/detail.php?id=42594

just saw this on Bahtsold......................happy cutting. :)

http://www.bahtsold.com/detail.php?id=42594

just saw this on Bahtsold......................happy cutting. :)

Cheers!

IMPORTANT MOWER UPDATE . . .

Ladies and Gentlemen, WE GOT ONE!

3300 Baht, electric green thing with a grass box. Got it a Global Home. Been mowing happily all evening. All the neighbours came round to marvel at the thing.

Then we had some tea.

Who ever thought life could be quite so pleasant?

Thanks for help.

I purchased mine from a supply store in Krasang, it has a grass catcher, easy adjustment, very easy start cost was aroud 6K. I am very happy with machine :D

Electric or petrol???

Hi

Think this part of post might give you a bit of a clue! :) ...... 3300 Baht, electric green thing with a grass box.

TBWG :D

Hey Pat!

It's a ASGATEC EM1301. Pathetic wee thing, but ideal for our lawns. If I remember rightly, you've got about 900 sq.m, which is way too much for this plastic thing.

There were Honda petrol powered ones in there ranging from 13,000 to 25,000 Baht !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were nice shiny red ones though.

Worse. There was a Bosch flymo type, with a strimmer affair rather than a blade. Obviously 2nd hand. Dreadful condition . . . . 4999 Baht! WHAAAATT?????????