Bird Watching Club?

cigarchuck

My neighbor from London is a bird watcher. He tells me that bird watching is quite common in England. He often gets up at 6am and goes out and watches birds. Is there a bird watching club in Pattaya? :)

What type of birds? Brown birds? maybe the odd blackbird. Don't think many of the local birds will be out at 6AM maybe the odd stragler on the way home from a hard nights work.

My neighbor from London is a bird watcher. He tells me that bird watching is quite common in England. He often gets up at 6am and goes out and watches birds. Is there a bird watching club in Pattaya? :)

I doubt if there's a bird watching club in Pattaya. In any case there's not much to see here apart from pigeons and sparrows. I believe the national parks south east of here, down towards the Thai/Cambodian border are particularly good bird watching sites.

i live on the darkside and i spot new birds every week. in fact, i now bring a camera when i take my dog for a walk because on 3 occasions i have spotted wild parrots. last week on my third encounter with a parrot (didn't have camera), it flew up within 5 feet of me and sat on a railing. he didn't speak english or thai, but he wasn't afraid of me nor my dog.

i've spotted at least a dozen different species within a 2km radius of my house. they are out there, just not *in* Pattaya.

i live on the darkside and i spot new birds every week. in fact, i now bring a camera when i take my dog for a walk because on 3 occasions i have spotted wild parrots. last week on my third encounter with a parrot (didn't have camera), it flew up within 5 feet of me and sat on a railing. he didn't speak english or thai, but he wasn't afraid of me nor my dog.

i've spotted at least a dozen different species within a 2km radius of my house. they are out there, just not *in* Pattaya.

Will soon be someones dinner if the bird keeps doing that with the locals.

I met an orinthologist one evening at the Orn Pat bar in Soi Diana. He was from London, it must be the same bloke. He did not appear to be everybody's idea of a bird watcher and I thought he was joking until he started telling me about blackcaps being seen in London after many years absence. He was very knowledgable about our little feathered friends. He also seemed quite fond of the human variety and was partial to drink.

I met an orinthologist He also seemed quite fond of the human variety and was partial to drink.

You would have to be fond of the drink, if you where an orinthologist.. :) ...Where is Bill Oddie when you need him...

Would suspect the only bird watch you would be doing in Pattaya, other than the none feathered variety, is observing the mating habits of the local chickens at 06:00 in the morning... :D