Finding My Feet

mitzi

Hi

Expect you all heard of someone like me before??

Just moved to Chaingmai and need help

Anything like how often you pay for electricity and water on a Moobann

All suggestions good or bad or help gracefully received

Electricity bills are usually delivered on or about the 27th or so of the month. They must be paid relatively quickly in Thailand; like 7-10 days from the date you receive it. You can pay the bill at any 7-11. If you are late, they will come to shut off the electricity and you will have to go to the main office to pay the bill and a re-connection fee.

Our water bill comes on the last day of the month along with the moobaan fees. It is due within 30 days. I imagine some moobaans do things differently.

Welcome to Chiang Mai!

Shame!!! Have you no shame!!

None, absolutely none. :):D:D

But, in my own twisted way I'll do just about anything for a laugh. :D

Besides, any answer brings the topic back to the top of the forum where more people might see it and reply with "sensible" information.

Electricity bills are usually delivered on or about the 27th or so of the month. They must be paid relatively quickly in Thailand; like 7-10 days from the date you receive it. You can pay the bill at any 7-11. If you are late, they will come to shut off the electricity and you will have to go to the main office to pay the bill and a re-connection fee.

Our water bill comes on the last day of the month along with the moobaan fees. It is due within 30 days. I imagine some moobaans do things differently.

The most convenient way to pay is to have a separate bank account linked to all your utilit bills and have them paid automatically as they come due. You can sign up to monitor the account on line and then, if you have another account, transfer money in as the utility account gets low. Otherwise, you will have to go to the bank every so often to keep the account funded.

Keeping just a few months expected bill amounts in there limits your exposure to any problems, but I have never heard of anyone that has had any problems.

A bit of paperwork to set it all up, but once it is done you can forget about making payment runs for electricity, water, telephone every month.

EDIT: And each month I get a receipt/bill showing I paid last month and what I owe this month (though, of course, I can check on line, also).

Edited by noise