Nymph

MKAsok

The new Pen-ek film, Nymph, is due for release on July 1st. Apparently there are two cuts of the film, the main (shorter, more 'commercially-friendly') will be shown at multiplexes, but there's another (longer, more arthousey) cut which is supposedly going to be shown simultaneously at a few selected cinemas. Anyone have any info on which cinemas will show the long cut?

IMDB link. See also this topic. So, anyone know? Come on sabaijai, I know you're lurking out there somewhere. Isn't he a mate of yours or something? Also, I've checked the listings for House in RCA and apparently they're showing the shorter cut, just in case anyone was thinking of suggesting there.

The new Pen-ek film, Nymph, is due for release on July 1st. Apparently there are two cuts of the film, the main (shorter, more 'commercially-friendly') will be shown at multiplexes, but there's another (longer, more arthousey) cut which is supposedly going to be shown simultaneously at a few selected cinemas. Anyone have any info on which cinemas will show the long cut?

We'll probably have to wait around a bit...like with Rak Siam, House eventually showed the director's cut (and are doing so again at their summer program of Thai films)...i'm sure if we asked over at House, they might be amiable to getting a copy. Lido would be the only other realistic option.

^There were two cuts of Love of Siam? Never knew that. Was the other cut worth seeing? Good movie. I liked Hormones (ปิดเทอมใหญ่ หัวใจว้าวุ่น) as well, which was in a similarish lightweight kind of vein, but pretty well executed I thought. Apparently the two cuts showing of Nymph is an 'official' simultaneous release thing by the studio, so hopefully we won't have to wait to see the proper cut, though quite a few people are saying the short cut is pretty good anyway.

^Last Life in the Universe can be picked up at most DVD stores (places that sell real ones) with English subs. Like many Thai films, the others are a little more problematic if you want English subs. You'll have to be more creative. Think Bittorrent. PM me if you need some help. Oh, and Nymph (the 'Cannes cut' as it's now apparently known) is showing at Central World.

Both Paragon and SF World asked to show the Cannes version, looks like only SF World got it. Supposedly the regular version is being screened at most cinemas, even House Rama and the Lido, at Pen-Ek's request.