Thai Nationals Need Visa For Malaysia?

Aza90

Just about to book Air Asia to Stansted with the family.

Thinking of going straight through on the outbound flight and staying overnight in KL on the return.

I have read that we need to go into Malaysia even when connecting but does my Wife need a visa for this, and for the return too? My Daughter holds a Thai and UK passport.

Thanks in advance.

Just about to book Air Asia to Stansted with the family.

Thinking of going straight through on the outbound flight and staying overnight in KL on the return.

I have read that we need to go into Malaysia even when connecting but does my Wife need a visa for this, and for the return too? My Daughter holds a Thai and UK passport.

Thanks in advance.

I have found the answer to my above question. Thai's get 30 days on arrival which suffices as our trip is for 16 days. Also for anyone interested, I am about to pay 3674 MYR which I believe is 35500 baht for the LH trip and 5859 baht for the flights to/from Bangers. 41400 baht total! Happy days and I'll make sure I buy plenty of food before and have the laptop charged for movies!!

She will get 30 days on each entry - just as you get on entry into Thailand without a visa. It will be a new 30 day stamp on your return trip. Your trip time has no significance.

Thanks Lopburi3 for that. I have just booked and with all the extras (seat alloc, 20kg x 2 baggage, bus transit and comfort packs) its come in at 48000 baht (4 flights). Still happy with that. Just need to check in the golf clubs and purchase some food on the day! I know Etihad were 59000 baht but haven't been able to access their website for 2 days so will try, and look forward to, Air Asia. Nothing ventured..............