Spanish Football

sanmiguellight

Anyone going to be watching Spanish Football this year for the first time as in a full game on TV ??

Never watched it before in my life, but got to be said i am intrigued to be watching what Real Madrid are putting together and the current Barcelona team thats only going to get better ... both are full of youngens in their prime or before .. some of those galacticos weren't IMO.

Could it be the start of the demise of the Premier League ??? ... i think they (ManU/ Liverpool and The Premier League owners) must have something up their sleeves to pull themselves ahead!

You're joking San surely ??

Firstly, Eto'o is allegedly on his way to City after saying he wants to stay at Barca for the rest of his Career last week as, as Laporte even said, they're offering him ridiculous $$ & secondly, the Spanish League is fantatsic & i must say last Year, on a Sunday night, where i couldn't wait for the likes of Blackburn etc to finish so i could watch it, superb league full of action & Goals, brilliant entertainment & not only a " Top 4 "... :)

& it seemed every Game i watched last Year ended up 3-2, 4-2, 3-3 etc etc & it always seemed to be Villareal... :D

Sounds wonderful but its not Newcastle or England or has any impotance to my team hence why ive never bothered, surely there must be many who when the Spanish football comes on switches over to watch some hot little actress on Channel 7! :) ... but are now tempted to watch

Edited by sanmiguellight

Sounds wonderful but its not Newcastle or England or has any impotance to my team hence why ive never bothered, surely there must be many who when the Spanish football comes on switches over to watch some hot little actress on Channel 7! :) ... but are now tempted to watch

Honestly, it's <deleted> superb, trust me..

Sods law you'll get a few bores first off now for your first few Games,.. :D

Anyone going to be watching Spanish Football this year for the first time as in a full game on TV ??

Never watched it before in my life, but got to be said i am intrigued to be watching what Real Madrid are putting together and the current Barcelona team thats only going to get better ... both are full of youngens in their prime or before .. some of those galacticos weren't IMO.

Could it be the start of the demise of the Premier League ??? ... i think they (ManU/ Liverpool and The Premier League owners) must have something up their sleeves to pull themselves ahead!

I've been a fan of La Liga for many years . Spanish teams can offer some of the most attractive football to be seen anywhere. I've always liked Barca and even more over the last few years others like Seviila. The problem is that outside of the top-two teams most would be hard pushed to name any one player , let alone players, even amongst the emerging challengers like Deportivo and Valencia. Economically speaking, La Liga just doesn't get the global coverage to make them a viable alternative to the Premiership

Unfortunately, even although their are many fans of Spanish football like myself, outside of Spain interest still maintains, primarily, a minority following by those who enjoy the better things and can afford to pay for private subscriptions to Sky Sports and the suclike

One Sunday the TV choice was cr4p. Spanish Football, Songs Of Praise, a movie i had seen a trillion times or Dancing On Ice. I won't fess up to what I did watch but it wasn't Spanish Football :)

I would have thought you'd be more of a " Harry Secombe, Highway " Man myself BJ... :D

One Sunday the TV choice was cr4p. Spanish Football, Songs Of Praise, a movie i had seen a trillion times or Dancing On Ice. I won't fess up to what I did watch but it wasn't Spanish Football :)

I would have thought you'd be more of a " Harry Secombe, Highway " Man myself BJ... :D

Thought he was dead Singhy

Thought he was dead Singhy

Not in spirit BJ, not in spirit.. :D

Never watched Spanish football? So you never watched at least a Real Madrid vs. Barcelona match? I watch way more Premier League action than anything, but I still catch Spanish matches now and then. Barcelona is probably the most attractive team to watch on the planet on the moment, the way they play. You're missing out if you don't watch La Liga every now and then.

Barcelona is probably the most attractive team to watch on the planet on the moment, the way they play. You're missing out if you don't watch La Liga every now and then.

The interesting thing is that if more had watched La Liga earlier on last season, then they'd have known that Barca had regularly been playing even better football than when they won the Champion League Cup Final. Seriously, that is a fact !

Still, if that match wetted some appetites for Spanish football -- which it seems to have done -- then that can only be a good thing in broadening horizons beyond the Premiership.

I used to watch Barca about every week, they're a joy to watch. La Liga also saw one of the great comebacks of all time to win the title a couple years back in Beckham's last year with Real Madrid, when they were behind the leaders in Barcelona by a lot of points (don't remember how many points) and came back to stun Barca and take the title though even on points (Barca had a far superior goal difference, but luckily for Real Madrid the Spanish league's first tiebreaker is head to head and they had that won). Real just played match after match where they won the game in the dying seconds, and just played dramatic match after dramatic match. Made it all the more perfect metaphor as they were doing the exact same thing on the table, coming from behind until the very last match. It was quite entertaining, really, never seen anything like it. The only thing that comes close was Liverpool winning so many in a similar fashion this last season. I don't really feel strongly about allegiances in La Liga, but enjoy watching Barca the most.

i love watching the spanish football, it's a much more attractive game than the english league is. probably more of the world's best players play there than anywhere else too, mostly because of the allure of madrid and barca and the climate too. madrid and barca both have individual TV rights deals which allow them to spend more than the majority of english clubs. can see english clubs wanting to do that too in the not too distant future.

Exactly, it may not be the richest league overall but Real Madrid and Barca both seem to have loads of money. With all the cash Real Madrid is throwing around I wouldn't doubt they are the richest in the world.

• 1 month later...

I realize this is a month old topic, but we're approaching the opening day of La Liga and TrueVisionsTV doesn't seem to have anything in their program. In fact, TrueSport1 has a match scheduled for Saturday from December 2008. Does anyone know if they will even broadcast La Liga 2009/2010?

I realize this is a month old topic, but we're approaching the opening day of La Liga and TrueVisionsTV doesn't seem to have anything in their program. In fact, TrueSport1 has a match scheduled for Saturday from December 2008. Does anyone know if they will even broadcast La Liga 2009/2010?

My question sort of follows on. Anyone know where to watch La Liga both in Thailand and the UK ?

post-20082-1251282644.jpg

TrueVisions 1 has 2 live La Liga matches scheduled for the coming weekend.

Real Madrid v Deportivo and Valencia v Sevilla

Due to the fact that their web site doesn't yet have details on their other sports channels for the weekend, it's not possible to see if there are any other live matches scheduled including the Barcelona match (early Tuesday morning Thai time).

After all we really can't expect a TV broadcaster in Thailand to publish schedules more than a couple of days in advance, can we?

Although they have la liga games scheduled in the truevisions mag (sept) they don't appear to be live games.

Just checked supersport's schedule and where as last season they seemed to show only 2 or 3 premiership games over a weekend thus were well behind truevision's for live premiership, there schedule for live football over the coming weekend is something like this.

premiership - 7 live games and 3 shown a couple of hours after they finish

la liga - 5 live games

serie a - 3 live games

portugal league - 5 live games

english championship - 2 live games

Depending where you live it's quite easy to get the satellite set up for the above.

Edited by alfieconn