Thai Sex Tsar Cleans Up For Parliament

george

Thai sex tsar cleans up for parliament

BANGKOK: -- Thai sex tsar Chuvit Kamolvisit, elected to parliament this month, has cleansed himself ritually of his past and promised to be an honest legislator who will work for the interests of the people.

Smashing a mock bathtub with the sledgehammer he used as a campaign symbol of his aim to "smash the castles of corruption", Chuvit urged his new colleagues to stop calling him "Tycoon Tub," a nickname he got from his chain of six massive massage parlours.

"Tycoon Tub is dead," Chuvit shouted on Friday.

He stepped into a coffin, lay down, then emerged to wash his hands in a Buddhist monk's bowl to illustrate he was reborn a new man no longer associated with the sex business which made him a very rich man.

"I apologise to the Thai public for the business I did in the past that might have damaged some people," Chuvit said.

"But I never evaded tax or used my drivers or maids as my nominees" for wealth, he said, referring to a charge Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra faced four years ago.

Thaksin, who was cleared of the charge by the constitutional court in 2001, won another landslide victory at the Feb 6 poll.

Chuvit, who was elected for the opposition Chart Thai, said he had sold his massage parlours and was now in the hotel and real estate business.

A 43-year-old accountant who graduated from one of Thailand's top universities, Chuvit made his fortune in the sex industry, one of the few which emerged unhurt from Asia's 1997/98 economic financial crisis.

After a series of publicity stunts to expose corruption, a short jail term and a kidnapping he blames on bent policemen, he entered politics last year with a creditable showing in elections for the post of governor of Bangkok.

Chuvit pledged on Friday to take his battle against corruption to parliament.

"I swear to all sacred holy spirits they can curse me to bankruptcy if I cheat this country," he said.

--Reuters 2005-02-18

Chuwit Kamolvisit? Oh, you mean this guy...

Soi 10 suspect flees country

A businessman wanted for questioning over last month's razing of Sukhumvit Square left the country the day before a warrant for his arrest could be issued, police said yesterday.

Chuwit Kamolvisit, managing director of Sukhumvit Silver Star Co, departed for unknown reasons on February 13, said Maj-General Jakthip Kunchorn na Ayutthaya, deputy Metropolitan Police commissioner.

Police are now investigating where Chuwit could have gone, he said.

Sukhumvit Silver Star allegedly hired a team of men to bulldoze the buildings on the block, which it had acquired, after the tenants - mostly beer-bar operators and shopkeepers - refused to vacate.

THE NATION

Published on Feb 21, 2003

Story here: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/page.arcvi...74435&usrsess=1

Pictures of soi 10, after the dirty deed by Chuwits thugs: dscn07775oq.th.jpg suk100zd.th.jpg

....or this guy....

Soapsud gains head for 5-star hotel

Three months ahead of the gubernatorial election and one year after landing in the limelight, massage-parlour baron and Bangkok-governor hopeful Chuwit Kamolvisit has embarked on another mission.

Chuwit plans sell all his soapy parlours and use the money to build a Bt1-billion five-star hotel on his controversial Sukhumvit land plot.

Last May, Chuwit was arrested for allegedly masterminding the demolition of beer bars and shops on the Sukhumvit Square plot......

Phermsak Lilakul

THE NATION

Published on May 27, 2004

Full story here: http://203.150.224.53/page.arcview.php3?cl...99603&usrsess=1
Thai sex tsar cleans up for parliament

BANGKOK: --  Thai sex tsar Chuvit Kamolvisit, elected to parliament this month, has cleansed himself ritually of his past and promised to be an honest legislator who will work for the interests of the people.....

:D Yeah, right.

...."I apologise to the Thai public for the business I did in the past that might have damaged some people," Chuvit said.....

So give the f...ing money back to the bar owners! :o

.."I swear to all sacred holy spirits they can curse me to bankruptcy if I cheat this country," he said.

What goes around comes around.

The Thai's I know think he is a clown. :o

Glad to hear it, Doc. Unfortunately, there were over 300,000 people / voters / miscounted (?) pieces of paper who thought he was the best man for the job:

OFFICIAL RESULTS: Apirak wins in 42 out of 50 districts

Aug 31, 2004......

Leisure business tycoon Chuwit Kamolvisit came third with 334,168 votes. He secured votes of near or above 10,000 in six districts but did not finish in front of Apirak or Pavena in any of those areas.....

Full (and very interesting) story here : http://www.nationmultimedia.com/specials/B...index_aug31.php

He's going to turn the land into a park, certainly much better use of the land than bars. 

:D

:o Can someone please pop down to soi 10 and take a photo? I'd love to see how this promised "public park plus orphan daycare center plus public library" turns out.

The only indivcation that the lot is a park is the signage on the perimiter wall "Chuwit Park".

Nothing has been done in months - no doubt too busy with elections.

My sense is that 'going public" with the corruption issue surrouding his massage parlours has made him very very unpopular in certain circles and he will have to keep himself in the public spotlight

He's going to turn the land into a park, certainly much better use of the land than bars. 

:o Can someone please pop down to soi 10 and take a photo? I'd love to see how this promised "public park plus orphan daycare center plus public library" turns out.

The only indivcation that the lot is a park is the signage on the perimiter wall "Chuwit Park".

My sense is that 'going public" with the corruption issue surrouding his massage parlours has made him very very unpopular in certain circles and he will have to keep himself in the public spotlight

He has to cleanse the parkland of evil alchol spirits that 'may' have soaked into the earth before he can create his Chuwit Park. Bit similar I would imagine when industrial wasteland in the west gets turned into housing but first they have to remove the green goo below the top soil :D

By the time this happens, he will be hoping everyone will have forgotten about the park and up goes another 5* hotel, The Chuwit Plaza Resort and Spa. :D

He has to cleanse the parkland of evil alchol spirits that 'may' have soaked into the earth before he can create his Chuwit Park. Bit similar I would imagine when industrial wasteland in the west gets turned into housing but first they have to remove the green goo below the top soil :D

By the time this happens, he will be hoping everyone will have forgotten about the park and up goes another 5* hotel, The Chuwit Plaza Resort and Spa. :D

Well it seems as though even the ad hoarding has also now disappeared - all there is at the location is a row of concrete barriers hiding a pile of crap - nice parkland that. I look forward to walking through the swaying leafy palm trees, with fountains shimmering in the........oh well, perhaps not!!

Well it seems as though even the ad hoarding has also now disappeared - all there is at the location is a row of concrete barriers hiding a pile of crap - nice parkland that. I look forward to walking through the swaying leafy palm trees, with fountains shimmering in the........oh well, perhaps not!!

This guy changes his mind like the weather...First he`s going to build a 5 star hotel on the site then it`s going to be a 4 star hotel and now he`s supposed to be a charitable entrepreneur who is so overwhelmed by the number of votes he got from people he is giving the use of his land to them.

The reality is that he is a businessman who can see a massive opportunity here that by being in politics he can make even more satang sitting with the other corrupt political cronies.