Why Are Westerners (men) So Focused On Sex?

Soulwy

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh here is the latest Thai joke doing the rounds, as told by a Thai friend of mine in mixed company on the weekend just gone.

A rude arrogant Thai man on a Thai inter flight out of bangkok feels like a beer and calls the hostess.

'I want a cold bottle of Sing Beer', he says in abrubt English.

The hostess answers in english and informs him they are out of Sing, but then enquires, "Have you tried chang-yet?"

oh here is the latest Thai joke doing the rounds, as told by a Thai friend of mine in mixed company on the weekend just gone.

A rude arrogant Thai man on a Thai inter flight out of bangkok feels like a beer and calls the hostess.

'I want a cold bottle of Sing Beer', he says in abrubt English.

The hostess answers in english and informs him they are out of Sing, but then enquires, "Have you tried chang-yet?"

แล้วจะให้แอร์ ถามว่า Have You try Chang Yet? :) เหรออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ? .... Chang Yet? ช้างเย็ดๆ ไม่ได้หยาบคายแต่มันอ่านงี้ ...

Translation?

Maybe your Asian boy friends were too busy winking at each other to even notice you.

I'm glad a straight guy said it first....

I'd have to say that if OP is trying to claim that Thais/Asians/Etc. are not interested in sex, then either he/she hasn't really been around many Asians or perhaps only neutered ones.

And what the heck is "the western man?"

Maybe your Asian boy friends were too busy winking at each other to even notice you.

I'm glad a straight guy said it first....

I'd have to say that if OP is trying to claim that Thais/Asians/Etc. are not interested in sex, then either he/she hasn't really been around many Asians or perhaps only neutered ones.

And what the heck is "the western man?"

i was going to ask if the OP is male or female.

there is maybe also somewhere a language barrier in this cross cultural field study.

the percaption of physical attractiveness also differ.

Interesting comments... Much appreciated.

I guess Westerners feel more free to talk about sex towards women.

I am not the flirting type, so I don't I stimulate them to come up with these comments. These guys were not "the wrong Westerners" (Cpofc), the comments weren't rude or demeaningful, it is just as easy for them to talk about this subject as they'd talk about the best cd of the month.

The Philipino, Indonesian and the Japanese guy winked at each other so they didn't notice me? (Texpat) Haha...you are probably right!

2 things I really don't agree with:

1)That Thai women have a higher sexdrive (Getgoin)...Sorry, I think this is nonsense.

2)It is hard for men (Cpofc) to understand, but women like to dress up for -themselves-. And they'd probably dress up more for other women (competition) than for men...sorry guys...

Cpofc: "it comes down to being a gentleman. Manners and upbringing and behaving accordingly."

Nod-nod-nod.

Edited by Soulwy

Yeah, Ladder Theory.

Yeah, Harry and Sally.

Yeah, it's on ALL men's minds....Freud will tell you.

Also, women's lib in the West has brought about alot more men being rebuffed alot more often....hence they turn to what they percieve as the subservient easy catch in the East...and while on holiday or working in the East they get into that frame of mind, combined with perhaps a perception that any Western woman on holiday in the East has GOT to be pining for a bit of white flesh (the eternal libido-driven positive thinking of men).

There's alot of good answers on this thread.

The sex drive thing is something i have mentioned too. The Western woman i have been with in the past (still a fair number) all had a lot less sexdrive. The only one who came close was my first gf when we were both real young. The western woman will deny it of course and im not saying its the truth set in stone but its my observation. For the record i did not hang out with the bar girl crowd but normal Thai girls.

I might be more focused on sex that asian's myself i don't know. I do know my Thai friends would love to have sex with a western woman. Problem was for them the inability to speak english and they were too affraid to blow their one chance. Maybe when you think you have lil chance you get more timid because your affraid to blow it.

This could also be an explanation western men have seen western woman a lot and don't worry about missing a chance so don't tread extra careful.

Anyway i dont care if i have a higher sex drive or am more focused on sex then Asians. Id say a dirty mind is a treasure for ever.

I have always found that Thai women have an unusually large sex drive and enjoy sex. Some western women like it but most tolerate it or demonize it. Good thing we can be in a country where the western men love to have sex and the Thai women love it also. Works out well.

what an utter crock of <deleted>

Many of the Western men who come to Thailand have a higher sex-drive than average - they know that Thailand is a cheap place for sex so they come here. What you see is an unrepresentative sample of Western men. I don't know whether the same theory holds good for Asian men coming to Thailand.

No value judgements intended!

hahaha, what a rubbish nonsense.

Well argued mate :)

and you don't think asian man are,do you know how many thai men go to hookers.

No. How many Thai men go to Western hookers in Thailand? How much they pay for them?

There have been some articles on, seems its a far bigger number then the farang here that go to the beer bars and go go bars. Its only normal of course as there are more Thai in Thailand then farang.

If i find the article ill give you a link but its been a while since i saw it

Culturally men may act visibly different but deep down they are all the same. They all want to have sex with every semi attractive woman they see.

BINGO!  This is the absolute truth (well, about 5% of men are asexual, and some men want to have sex with other men rather than women, but most men of all cultures want sex.)

Culture shapes how we interact with each other, though.  Generally, both men and women from many western cultures are far more open to discuss sexual topics that people from some Asian cultures.  And men seem to be more willing to see if an opportunity to pursue sex when faced with someone from a different culture--whether that is from attraction, curiousity, or whatever, I don't really know.

The bottom line is that I don't buy the OP's premise at all.  Western men, Asian men, African men, Latino men:  we all want sex.  And women for all those cultures want it as well.  If we didn't want it, well, the human population would have dies out long, long ago.

Culture shapes how we interact with each other, though.  Generally, both men and women from many western cultures are far more open to discuss sexual topics that people from some Asian cultures.  

It has been said that in the west, you can talk about anything you want (sexually speaking), but can't do it. In Thailand, you can do anything you want, but can't talk about it.

Sorry, I would love to stay and chat, but, there is something I need to do.

Many of the Western men who come to Thailand have a higher sex-drive than average - they know that Thailand is a cheap place for sex so they come here. What you see is an unrepresentative sample of Western men. I don't know whether the same theory holds good for Asian men coming to Thailand.

No value judgements intended!

hahaha, what a rubbish nonsense.

Well argued mate :)

Sorry, :D most of the men who are here for sex/bought females are so because A ) they prefer Asian women or B ) because they are running away from their loneliness back home.

Culture shapes how we interact with each other, though.  Generally, both men and women from many western cultures are far more open to discuss sexual topics that people from some Asian cultures.  

It has been said that in the west, you can talk about anything you want (sexually speaking), but can't do it. In Thailand, you can do anything you want, but can't talk about it.

Sorry, I would love to stay and chat, but, there is something I need to do.

There is actually a lot of truth this.

No. How many Thai men go to Western hookers in Thailand? How much they pay for them?

There have been some articles on, seems its a far bigger number then the farang here that go to the beer bars and go go bars. Its only normal of course as there are more Thai in Thailand then farang.

seems you misunderstood. Question was: How many Thai men go to Western hookers in Thailand?

If the number would be far bigger then the farang here that go to the beer bars and go go bars, there would be hundred thousands of Western hookers in Thailand.

seems you misunderstood. Question was: How many Thai men go to Western hookers in Thailand?

If the number would be far bigger then the farang here that go to the beer bars and go go bars, there would be hundred thousands of Western hookers in Thailand.

Yes i misunderstood my appologies. I doubt that there are more asians going to western hookers.

presupposing that the westernern hookers would be willing to work at par.

Forum rules guys, lets do remember the forum rules

18) Not to discuss the specifics of prostitution.

Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgment of that fact is not forbidden. However ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

In my opinion, western men are not focused on sex any more than other countries. The problem is the western culture has polarized on the sex issue. Women have learned to use sex as a means for power and control over their relationships. They pretend they don't like it (or want it), and use it as a means to reward men for good behavior. Men have taken that in a bad way and sex has become something of the holy grail and something one must aggressively find.

Of course, there are always the rude people in any culture with a gutter mouth and make unecessary and degrading comments, but I don't think that is limited to the west. Just the other day I was talking to a Thai girl, and a Thai man friend of hers was making the same sexual comments in front of us.

I believe that women love sex just as much as men. Most women have told me this, and I believe they even enjoy it MORE than men. Fortunately Thailand has not destroyed its sexuality yet and been corrupted by the sad state of sexuality in the west.

Many, many years ago a Navy doctor told me that I thought about women too much. "I think of nothing else, Sir," I replied. My life hasn't changed much in that respect - and I've enjoyed every minute of it.

So far in my extended sojourn in Thailand the thrill of the chase isn't something that I have experienced too much of. As often as not the lady has asked me, and I'm no millionaire Adonis, to 'come up and see my etchings.'

Thoughts of women are always running through my mind. They dare not walk. (Groucho Marx)