Thai Elephant Stomps Three Workers To Death

Treborz

Link to Sky News

An elephant has stomped three rubber plantation workers to death in southern Thailand, police have said.

15326803.jpg A female Asian elephant

The female beast attacked a 44-year-old male worker who was working in a farm on Wednesday morning, police Lieutenant Somjit Ma-ou told reporters.

He said: "It then freely wandered into another plantation a few kilometres away and attacked another woman.

"Her husband saw it elephant charging toward her, grabbing her body with its trunk and hurling her on the ground before stomping on her body."

All three victims died instantly after she stamped on their chests and stomachs, breaking their ribs.

Somjit said another victim was found in a nearby plantation later in the morning.

The attacks happened in Trang province, where the animal worked pulling rubberwood.

The 38-year-old elephant, called Natalie, was eventually recaptured by her handler.

"All three victims died instantly after she stamped on their chests and stomachs, breaking their ribs," Somjit went on.

He added that the elephant's owner said it was "violent by nature".

Local reports said the animal had previously killed four people, although police could only confirm that she had killed one person before Wednesday.

I don't know about anyone else, but if that had my wife stomped by the elephant I would be insisting that when it made its next appearance it would be wallets and belts.

Did anyone consider what may have been done to the Elephant to make it do this?

I don't know about anyone else, but if that had my wife stomped by the elephant I would be insisting that when it made its next appearance it would be wallets and belts.

Maybe the Elephant was in Musk. Hopefullt here will be a proper investigation, I for one would be interested in the cause.

It is my understanding the elephant is a female. There are many instances of elephants going on a rampage and killing people, tearing up villages, etc. Rogues such as this are normally moved to a isolated area away from people and if they reappear in populated areas, put down. The unpopulated area may be hard to find in Thailand so that may not be a choice. Hindsight, someone once said is seen with 20/20 vision, but if this has happened before, the post which mentioned stupid should have added blind. TIT

Let’s all understand one thing…elephants are wide animals even if trained and in contact with humans for years…still wild animals at heart.

If I see elephants on the streets in Thailand I always give them very wide berth :) like all wild animals unpredictable.

RIP sad to hear this news.

Maybe the Elephant was in Musk. Hopefullt here will be a proper investigation, I for one would be interested in the cause.

I thought Musk was a male thing. However according to Discovery, at least 1 person is killed annually by working elephants.

Local reports said the animal had previously killed four people, although police could only confirm that she had killed one person before Wednesday.

Not a lick of common sense in this country. How many killing sprees does the animal get to go on before they do something about it? Incomprehensible. It has a violent nature and has killed repeatedly but they will just put it back to work.

Incomprehensible. It has a violent nature and has killed repeatedly but they will just put it back to work.

Incomprehensible, why ? if the thai politicians can do it, why not an elephant ?

Not a lick of common sense in this country. How many killing sprees does the animal get to go on before they do something about it? Incomprehensible. It has a violent nature and has killed repeatedly but they will just put it back to work.

$ > human life

Edited by HTWoodson

15326803.jpg A female Asian elephant

such a cutie.

does anyone knows her name? she must be model or something like that, actress maybe. or one the way to that career, actually she looks quite young.

i wonder how her mother might be look like. some girls mothers are bigger than other girls mothers, right?

does anyone speak Slovak?

http://dnes.atlas.sk/svet/155353/divy_slon...emoloval_dedinu (i hope that isn't another smear campaign declare her to a killer but bears some information about her personal life)

i found that thai article interesting (has also a better picture) http://campus.sanook.com/u_life/knowledge_03165.php

I am sure they kill all truck drivers who have caused a lethal accident in the country where Laughing Man comes from..

But than I know it doesn't work that way, they are forgiven after paying their debt to society in one way or another and than they are behind the wheel again....

Yes, The Elephant should be left alone in the nature, not hold in camps or other tourist attraction. The people are asking for it themselves, I do not feel sorry for them, actually they deserved it. :)

I was once sititng at an show ( training camp ) up in north, al those stupid farangs enjoy the show, laugh at their tricks while they where pooked in the ass with some sharp thing, the thai male was holding, donate money and bla bla. I could only think of how sad for the animal. :D

HUMAN

Yes, The Elephant should be left alone in the nature, not hold in camps or other tourist attraction. The people are asking for it themselves, I do not feel sorry for them, actually they deserved it. :)

I was once sititng at an show ( training camp ) up in north, al those stupid farangs enjoy the show, laugh at their tricks while they where pooked in the ass with some sharp thing, the thai male was holding, donate money and bla bla. I could only think of how sad for the animal. :D

????One of the people killed was a women working a few miles away - how the h_ll can you say she deserves to be killed!!!

Just hope you or yours are never suffer the same. :D

Elephants should be free and in their natural habitat, not enslaved by humans. It is a shame that the elephant killed 3 innocent people, but it is also a shame that one of those killed wasn't it's handler. I think it is a very sad sight seeing these animals working in camps and walking down the street of a night with their handlers trying to sell food for the elephant. There are laws against them being on the streets of Bangkok, but of course these laws are ignored because there is no money for the authorities in upholding them.

Actually I didn't say they should kill the animal, just do something about it, anything! If there is a remote area left to put a killer animal then put it there. Is there such a place left in Thailand? But no, they will just continue doing the same they usually do until it kills again, and again.

There is the problem, it killed humans with no repercussions,

it will do it again now that is sees it isn't a problem.

I agree they should not be begging and working in Bangkok.

I live next to a Safari park and the animals seem well treated and well fed there.

The give rides to people, but other wise wander about.

Sometimes they are set to pasture near our house or even in our yard.

I think their free travel boundaries should be larger,

and they should have more free roaming time.

I have seen nothing I think of as abuse from the mahouts.

Let's all understand one thing…elephants are wide animals even if trained and in contact with humans for years…still wild animals at heart.

If I see elephants on the streets in Thailand I always give them very wide berth :D like all wild animals unpredictable.

RIP sad to hear this news.

That is so TRUE.

Its very sad how these animals have been treated by Humans.

Sometimes when I eat out in a town near my place these three jerks lead an elephant around from Restuarant to Restuarant, somehow making it squal and trying to get people to buy food to feed it. I always tell em to piss off & can imagine that one of these days the elephant is going to go beserk. Amazingly enuf, its not a tourist area, I only ever see Thais eating in the area & can't work out who on earth actually pays the money to feed it.

Its not the elephants fault, its the morons that make a living this way, torturing animals. :)

Terrible news for the victims, may they RIP. :D

Actually I didn't say they should kill the animal, just do something about it, anything! If there is a remote area left to put a killer animal then put it there. Is there such a place left in Thailand? But no, they will just continue doing the same they usually do until it kills again, and again.

I think the elephant in question should be sent to that Elephant nature Park place in the north. I'm sure that Lek person could help