Shipping

dougieboy

This is the first topic I ever posted, I hope I stay within the rules and generate at least a little interest.

I need to find a finacially viable method of shipping parcels from the UK to LOS (Chonburi) Parcels are approx 100 kg. Speed of shipment is not critical but cost is. I do hope someone on here has prior experience- thanks in advance

This is the first topic I ever posted, I hope I stay within the rules and generate at least a little interest.

I need to find a finacially viable method of shipping parcels from the UK to LOS (Chonburi) Parcels are approx 100 kg. Speed of shipment is not critical but cost is. I do hope someone on here has prior experience- thanks in advance

Yep!

Okay then.

100kgs is likely to cost you around £500 by sea freight. It'll take 6-8 weeks.

Now then, what are you shipping? If it's household goods, you can have one major item of electrical equipment and clothes and books, all 'USED PERSONAL EFFECTS'. This, so long as you have the Non 'O' visa or work permit one, will attract no import duty.

Be careful! Door to door all inclusive from the UK to Thailand is not the case. When the parcels arrive, customs need your passport with visa stamp in it. The freight firm this end does all that for you at a cost. For 3 tea chests it cost me 4500 Baht in additional charges (translating the import declaration form amongst other things) and a lot of running around Bangkok and wiring money to the Thai freight firm.

They send your passport back to your home with the goods.

Not as simple as one might think.

wow MJP thanks for the reply, didn't think anyone would lol

I am not shipping personal goods I am shipping a product for resale in LOS, does that make it easier?, should I contact with Import/Export as opposed to Parcel companies, who, as you correctly say will charge at least £500 making my business deal completly non viable. :)

Thanks for your time MJP

wow MJP thanks for the reply, didn't think anyone would lol

I am not shipping personal goods I am shipping a product for resale in LOS, does that make it easier?, should I contact with Import/Export as opposed to Parcel companies, who, as you correctly say will charge at least £500 making my business deal completly non viable. :)

Thanks for your time MJP

Right, hold on one moment I'll be back with some info. I think you may be a little shocked old chap.

Edited by MJP