Usb Mouse For Netbook

tutsiwarrior

I want to buy a mouse for my newly purchased ASUS eeePC netbook. The last time I bought one it plugged into a USB port on the laptop and came with a CD for the driver. Now...the netbook ain't got no CD ROM (I'll haveta buy an external one later) so are there any USB plug-in mouse devices on the market where you can download the driver from the web?

Any other creative solutions are earnestly solicited. :)

thanks in advance...

If you have Windows, just plug it in and the plug and play drivers should install automatically.

yeah, the unit has XP Home installed and I've noticed that it can transfer/handle photos from my camera by just plugging in without having to install the Canon software. Same thing for mouse devices?

What'll they think of next? :)

:) tutsi. I have the asus eepc as well. Mouse was no problem, I've also plugged in a couple of MP3 players as well with no issues either. I love my new netbook, I have to add :D

:) tutsi. I have the asus eepc as well. Mouse was no problem, I've also plugged in a couple of MP3 players as well with no issues either. I love my new netbook, I have to add :D

I saw yer posts about your new ASUS, darlin'...and as I had been in the market for a netbook I went ahead and got one (ASUS 1000H) :D

I got an older model as the new 1000HE only had arabic Windows installed...paid 1400 saudi riyals if anyone's interested...

I saw yer posts about your new ASUS, darlin'...and as I had been in the market for a netbook I went ahead and got one (ASUS 1000H) :D

I got an older model as the new 1000HE only had arabic Windows installed...paid 1400 saudi riyals if anyone's interested...

Gosh, how sweet :D

Hi

Indeed pretty much all mice will function just by plugging them into your Windows computer, only case where you will need to download additional software is if you for example get a Logitech VX Nano or Logitech MX Revolution, since they have features that does not function just with the regular drivers installed by windows (don't remember the correct name for it, but it's something with a smart scrolling wheel, I have the MX Revolution and I love the scrolling wheel).

for any cd/dvd you could just install daemon tools light on your netbook and it will give you a virtual cd - then just create an image of the cd and copy it to a usb stick , plug in and tell daemon tools to mount the iso image. obviously you will need a computer with a cd/dvd to make the image first

I make image copies of all disks as they are easily scratched/damaged.

does the 1000H have bluetooth ? get a logitech bluetooth mouse - I use one with my laptop.