Bbc World

dottie

I live in a condo and get my cable TV service from a local provider which the condo management arranged as an alternative to True (since there were so many problems with them). However, since the weekend, I haven't been able to get BBC World which I normally get as part of the service.

When I called the service provider, I was told that now BBC World can only be received via True which no longer sells on the rights for other service providers to broadcast this channel.

I don't know much about how cable TV rights are arranged, so I was wondering if this is correct.

I had previously had a TV package from True but their service was so bad that I cancelled it and swore never to get any service from them again. Could anyone shed any light on this?

Apologies if this is in the wrong sub-forum. I've only just figured out how to create a post ... slow, I know!

I seem to recall that BBC World was going to be dropped from the lineup

at some point in the near future ... possibly by now.

Not sure why but I heard several people complaining.

I think this is for UBC but I am not sure.

What programs on BBCWorld will you miss the most ?

If you mean BBC World News then it's available on other cable providers. I have it on in the background now and don't have UBC or True, just the cheap local cable that everyone who won't pay the price for UBC has. Just a matter of finding what's available where you are but being in a condo might mean you don't have a lot of say in the matter.

I thought the channel UBC dropped was BBC Entertainment, least that's why people I know canceled their UBC.

I've got BBC World on my cheap cable-TV at home, it's one of the only channels worth watching. You probably won't be able to get it in a condo, and if you can then it will be up to the management. Best, I think, to watch it online; they also have a YouTube channel with one-minute summaries.