Maxnet Latest Problems: Maxnet Answer

YouYouYou

Alot of BS. Here's my speed and I'm on Indy 3Mb. They all seem to be about the same.

522780487.png

OK anyone want to speculate on whats going on here? Above is an old speed test from 2 days ago with the distance at 150 miles and below is one that I just ran and it is back to 50 miles (what it was 4 weeks ago before all this sh_it started).

524140758.png

Edited by Rdrokit

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to throw a spanner into the works...

Pathetic ping and download speed from London:

524200578.png

...and yet my torrents are coming down quite nicely:

gallery_35489_1129_58545.jpg

So for those people who have to get to a particular server in a particular country... it's a bummer.

But for those downloading torrents from all over the place... no problems.

Just to throw a spanner into the works...

Pathetic ping and download speed from London:

524200578.png

...and yet my torrents are coming down quite nicely:

gallery_35489_1129_58545.jpg

So for those people who have to get to a particular server in a particular country... it's a bummer.

But for those downloading torrents from all over the place... no problems.

Indy 3Mb from Korat is now working for downloading. Glad I am not uploading anything :)

524248317.png

After talking with one of the bosses at Jasmine today and explaining my fault I have logged for a faulty line hasnt been looked at yet and its now been like one month they kind of went into shock, 10 minute slater the regional manager from Maxnet rings and a tech will be out tomorrow, lets see the difference then.

Service is a premier 2mb

523713397.png

Item Description

Product Name SmartAX MT880

Physical Address 00:1d:6a:3c:40:f5

Software Release V100R002B020 TT&T

Firmware Release 3.7.9.98

Batch Number RTC20P7.020.37998

Release Date 2008/05/21

ADSL Description

ADSL State Show Time

Data Path Fast

Operation Mode G.dmt.bis

Max. Bandwidth Down/Up(kbps) 4380 / 524

Bandwidth Down/Up(kbps) 2048 / 454

SNR Margin Down/Up(dB) 12.0 / 7.0

Attenuation Down/Up(dB) 21.0 / 35.3

Power Down/Up(dBm) 19.3 / 11.3

CRC Down/Up 526/ 15761

FEC Down/Up 41823/ 6368

HEC Down/Up 955/ 0

System Up Time 11:03:26

DSL Up Time 11:02:39

Technician came today the Huwaei router mai dee

He replaced it with his and the upstream jumped to 1024 from 412 on the huwaei, went to maxnet and after much agruing they gave me a bew router, still not as good as the techs and now keeps dropping out.

524270768.png

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin: 8.4 6.2 db

Line Attenuation : 20.0 32.3 db

Data Rate: 2048 818 kbps

all devices on an APC smart ups as well

After talking with one of the bosses at Jasmine today and explaining my fault I have logged for a faulty line hasnt been looked at yet and its now been like one month they kind of went into shock, 10 minute slater the regional manager from Maxnet rings and a tech will be out tomorrow, lets see the difference then.

Service is a premier 2mb

523713397.png

Item Description

Product Name SmartAX MT880

Physical Address 00:1d:6a:3c:40:f5

Software Release V100R002B020 TT&T

Firmware Release 3.7.9.98

Batch Number RTC20P7.020.37998

Release Date 2008/05/21

ADSL Description

ADSL State Show Time

Data Path Fast

Operation Mode G.dmt.bis

Max. Bandwidth Down/Up(kbps) 4380 / 524

Bandwidth Down/Up(kbps) 2048 / 454

SNR Margin Down/Up(dB) 12.0 / 7.0

Attenuation Down/Up(dB) 21.0 / 35.3

Power Down/Up(dBm) 19.3 / 11.3

CRC Down/Up 526/ 15761

FEC Down/Up 41823/ 6368

HEC Down/Up 955/ 0

System Up Time 11:03:26

DSL Up Time 11:02:39

Technician came today the Huwaei router mai dee

He replaced it with his and the upstream jumped to 1024 from 412 on the huwaei, went to maxnet and after much agruing they gave me a bew router, still not as good as the techs and now keeps dropping out.

524270768.png

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin: 8.4 6.2 db

Line Attenuation : 20.0 32.3 db

Data Rate: 2048 818 kbps

all devices on an APC smart ups as well

Sorry you are still having problems, I seem to be back to normal,

524291720.png

SNR 31.9/23.5

Attenuation 9.0/5.4

Data rate 3072/509

Maxnet is becoming very unstable lately. Gave the call center a call and they said they acknowledged the problem.

Also visited their kiosks at Airport Plaza (CM) today and they said things are being extremely inefficient lately (due to massive organizational changes). Their company is being chopped into many little different companies now. Jasmine (the owner of JAYMART and Ji-net) is going to take Maxnet. Don't know about the telephone services though.

I changed the DNS number thingy, as advised in the other thread & it improved the problem with pages NOT loading but the speed of it all is still pathetic.

I will be complaining & bitching about payment too, its already been over a week like this & if it goes on as suggest for another 2 weeks or longer, I will refuse to pay.

The old saying (or song) "Don't pay the ferryman until he gets you to the other side" springs to mind.

& then the theory, "You only get what you pay for" springs to mind as well. :)Internet is CHEAP in thailand, might be one reason its complete TRASH.

Are you kidding me? A 50Mbps down/1Mbps up line in the states is about 1300 baht a month. A 12mbps line in the states is less than 1000 baht a month. In Thailand I pay 2500 baht for a 4mb line that gets 3.5mbps if it's working at all.

Your right about it being complete trash.

^ Let me confirm this with you. Compared to Australia internet is very cheap in Thailand. In Australia, not only do you get hit with a high monthly fee but there is also a data download limit and they mess around with peak and non peak times, so if you use too much download during a peak time you are restricted to either paying more or going to dial up speed for free :) .

Having said that, the internet definately works better than here, but then again that wouldnt be hard.

when it comes to maxnet, the word monkies springs to mind :D

^ Let me confirm this with you. Compared to Australia internet is very cheap in Thailand. In Australia, not only do you get hit with a high monthly fee but there is also a data download limit and they mess around with peak and non peak times, so if you use too much download during a peak time you are restricted to either paying more or going to dial up speed for free :) .

Wow, that is bad.

^ Let me confirm this with you. Compared to Australia internet is very cheap in Thailand. In Australia, not only do you get hit with a high monthly fee but there is also a data download limit and they mess around with peak and non peak times, so if you use too much download during a peak time you are restricted to either paying more or going to dial up speed for free :)

Overhere it is dial-up speed all the time and you still have to pay for it.

I really have to post this.

525066225.png

Beat that.

That has to be the WORST speed test I have ever seen. :D Must have taken a half hour to complete it : Didn't know anyone had a computer in Clifton, NY :):D

Disconnection every now and then, every 5 minutes and so, I cant even watch a live show from the internet with this trash of 5mbps from Maxnet.

Odd enough, the disconnection goes worse at around 8pm-11pm... Been going on for a week.

Bugged TT&T's 1103 all the time, but still no avail.. They're not going to dispatch their team to check the connection around this area and would rather throws the problem at my router. (Almost nothing's wrong when it's not 8pm-11pm, cant you understand?!)

*Dials 1103 again*

Edited by Seizhin

I've been experiencing, on Maxnet Premier 6mbps, some weird routing issues on international connections. The same IP of one of my server in Vegas usually uses the same routes during daytime, but I see it being routed through Taiwan instead of Singapore during night which causes some latency issues and also packet loss and a rather slower connection.

I started to notice it because of laggy keystrokes over SSH while connected to my US server. This has been happening since around June 25. The routing seems to change at night around 8PM here in Chiang Mai.

I've been experiencing, on Maxnet Premier 6mbps, some weird routing issues on international connections. The same IP of one of my server in Vegas usually uses the same routes during daytime, but I see it being routed through Taiwan instead of Singapore during night which causes some latency issues and also packet loss and a rather slower connection.

I started to notice it because of laggy keystrokes over SSH while connected to my US server. This has been happening since around June 25. The routing seems to change at night around 8PM here in Chiang Mai.

what is your gateway number? it seems that the best international connection for me is when i get the gateway ip 54.147.53.1. all the other gateways makes my international speed significantly lower.

I have just read all the posts about slow connections. A couple weeks ago I was having to try many attempts to open explorer. these problems have disappeared and yesterday was downloading a torrent at just under 200 kbs and uploading at just under 35kbps which is what i have my upload limit set at. I am new to using utorrent but at one stage i actually got a green light instead of the usual yellow going to red and telling me my internet connection is not working.

Does this sound like a utorrent problem or is it related to this maxnet problem? I also cannot connect to the bbc unless go through another site but no problems with us tv sites, which brings me to my question anybody using my private network or an alternative to watching us television or is the streaming too slow. any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I am using maxnet 3mb and live in Ubon Ratchathani and at the moment my maxnet is fine.

525066225.png

Beat that.

gallery_35489_1129_8000.jpg

:D

[OK, I give in - it was actually:

525103152.png:) ]

You almost got me there.

I was checking NJ because I was trying to get some videos from Zshare.net which is based there. This explains why I can't download anything from that site.

I have just read all the posts about slow connections. A couple weeks ago I was having to try many attempts to open explorer. these problems have disappeared and yesterday was downloading a torrent at just under 200 kbs and uploading at just under 35kbps which is what i have my upload limit set at. I am new to using utorrent but at one stage i actually got a green light instead of the usual yellow going to red and telling me my internet connection is not working.

Does this sound like a utorrent problem or is it related to this maxnet problem? I also cannot connect to the bbc unless go through another site but no problems with us tv sites, which brings me to my question anybody using my private network or an alternative to watching us television or is the streaming too slow. any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I am using maxnet 3mb and live in Ubon Ratchathani and at the moment my maxnet is fine.

I too have the Indy 3Mb package and London is the worst site for speed. Certain locations are great and certain locations are garbage and London is the latter. The good thing about torrents is that you are downloading from multiple locations and the chance of all the locations are garbage is slim.

525066225.png

Beat that.

That has to be the WORST speed test I have ever seen. :D Must have taken a half hour to complete it : Didn't know anyone had a computer in Clifton, NY :):D

I don't know if it because of the time of day but NY is better today, for me at least.

525446223.png

I was just talking to my neighbour two houses down (she's a big boss for TOT here west of BKK). Asked her about the connectivity etc. and is good on TOT on my mubaan. However, I asked her about my TT&T contract (I have about 3 weeks left on it) ...she said: "don't bother paying them as they have messed up their contracts. Switch over anytime and don't worry about TT&T". Mmmm, take it with a pinch of salt as you do, but I think this time I believe her given the present circumstances. :D

I reckon Maxnet can't hold anybody to anything considering this 'takeover' is happening as of now. Thus in the politest terms ...eff em an their money/contract ...do not fear if you wish to change ....I am! :D

Out of the frying pan or up to heaven ...fingers crossed still, its happening this week.

Good luck to all and may one day we stop writing about bad internet connections on TV as all of us will be happy and satisified ....one day .....one day :)

I was just talking to my neighbour two houses down (she's a big boss for TOT here west of BKK). Asked her about the connectivity etc. and is good on TOT on my mubaan. However, I asked her about my TT&T contract (I have about 3 weeks left on it) ...she said: "don't bother paying them as they have messed up their contracts. Switch over anytime and don't worry about TT&T". Mmmm, take it with a pinch of salt as you do, but I think this time I believe her given the present circumstances. :D

I reckon Maxnet can't hold anybody to anything considering this 'takeover' is happening as of now. Thus in the politest terms ...eff em an their money/contract ...do not fear if you wish to change ....I am! :D

Out of the frying pan or up to heaven ...fingers crossed still, its happening this week.

Good luck to all and may one day we stop writing about bad internet connections on TV as all of us will be happy and satisified ....one day .....one day :)

I had TOT for one year and believe me when I say that internationally Maxnet at it's worse is better than TOT at it's best. You will not be happy if you switch and TOT will make you sign a year contract.

Okay ... Yes a lot of users have encountered problems with Maxnet of late, whether they are indy or premier customers.

I have had numerous connectivity issues for 14 days (coincidentally since a local link went down 9.25 PM Sat 20th June). Slow loads inside and outside Thailand, cannot find page, line drops and disconnections etc.

I have had 3 engineer visits and one remote enginneer online (teamviewer), 9 X 1103 phone calls ...still the same.

Plumski in 'Maxnet DNS' thread (post 37) was told on 1st July that the internet would be fixed on 9th July.

I was told by a woman from the Phetchaburi branch (032 440013) at 12.46 today: "mii banhaa tuk tuk thii, ja gare banhaa ik song sapdaa"

"There is a problem everywhere and the internet will be fixed in 2 weeks." :)

So there's your answer, it seems we are all running around in circles of late and so there are probably no fixes that we can do ourselves if our beloved internet provider is buggered and knows it too.

My reply and should be yours too: I am refusing to pay them this month. Their service... is well... in a word 'excrement' :D .

Anybody else been told this or another 'future date' ?? LOL

I dont know what happened but the two weeks was up last night and my maxnet is so fast now. 3mb

me too,

no connection at all this morning (using a friend's tot wireless now). called maxnet customer service and he asked where i am living. i told him chiang mai and he said the server is down for all of chiang mai. didn't know how long, but his best guess was about 3 hours. hopefully it is down because they are fixing the problems . .

although, maybe that's why other users have fast connections today, less traffic nationwide ??

Edited by qwunk89