Web Browsers

macb

I use Opera 99%

but have for various other purposes

FF, Konqueror, Seamonkey, and  IE

I tried but I am not using the unite part of Opera's new release.  It has some serious problems and its looking like a mistake to have things like the server on it up.  Plus the widgets in 10 seem to be having some issues, but its beta so I can't rank on it.  I may roll back to last version for awhile.

99% of the time I use Firefox. Tried yesterday FF 3.5 but I am back to previous version (3.0.11).

I also have Safari4, Chrome, IE - mostly just to try them out when there are some updates.

99% of the time I use Firefox. Tried yesterday FF 3.5 but I am back to previous version (3.0.11).

I also have Safari4, Chrome, IE - mostly just to try them out when there are some updates.

Same here, FF 3.0.11 after trying 3.5, Opera and IE7 (the rest like FF 3.5 don't work too well with xp pro 64-bit

IE8 of course, it's the most secure browser on the Windows platform, and it's tab handling is the nicest for me personally.

Firefox 3.5 on Leopard, luckily without exit crash that occured in all the 3.x versions.

Well I have downloaded Opera and Google Chrome to see what they look like, just interested in trying different things:

With regared to my Topic on Email Browsers I am using Incredi,ail at the moment instaed of Outlook Express, change of scenery really

I'm pleased to say the Firefox 3.5 R2 is still working very well. I was using Safari fairly often but a glitch regarding script loading slow crashes the browser.

Firefox 3.5. I was told it was faster, but frankly I don't notice any difference. Recently:

* Tried Chrome. Like the simple interface, it just didn't work as well as Firefox.

* Tried Opera. Interesting. Speedial was cool for a few days, then I got sick of it.

* Tried IE8 when I had to buy some game time for a Thai MMORPG (FF doesn't work on their site). It stinks.

Kind of wondering if M$ is on the brink of leaving the browser space. They were so quiet about IE8, maybe they are starting to realise how much it sucks?

IMHO FF and Chrome will be the major players in future contests. M$ IMHO is already on the sideline with IE...

Most of these browser reviews I read in magazines are written by some guys who get paid for that promotion article.

I do not see any need to upgrade something which works for me because a "review" tells me "we've invented the worlds fastest browser..."

As I wrote in another post Chrome is still the fastest on my 4 computers. Others may find FF2 or FF3 the fastest, not to forget Opera.

I can't say anything about Safari.

I trust everybody works with the software which fits his needs at best and personally I am not getting exited to learn that a browser version x1 now loads a web page

0.3 seconds faster than version x2.

Edited by webfact

Amen to both of ya -

I (also) really dont know why M$ bothers any more?

It has so many shots to defend itdelf from, its almost like shooting fish in a barrel.

Quit already - nobody likes ya anymore.

When I quit mainstream M$ some years back, it was because we were constantly updating/upgrading everything

regardless of if it was warranted or not. Needles to say, nothing worked properly and it all got more bloated & slower.

I have a SPF in BA who runs W98 on an old steam driven NB - she says everyone is doing just fine.

Go figure. Isnt that still monochrome?!

BR>Jack

Kind of wondering if M$ is on the brink of leaving the browser space

I am not getting exited to learn that a browser version x1 now loads a web page

0.3 seconds faster than version x2.

I installed a variety of browsers but primarily due to my need for speed I estimate my usage as follows:

Firefox 3.5 95%

Google Chrome 3%

Internet Explorer 1%

Safari 1%

Opera 0%

I have been a mozilla user from day 1

FF 3.0 still 99.5%

IE7 only if FF has a problem with a specific site which is rare or I am on with low level tech support and I have to show that a problem exists on both browsers.

Safari on iMac no problems at all Firefox 3.5 some time but Safari is faster on the Mac

Faster than Firefox on windows too since version 4 - at least that's what I read. Safari 4 was a huge, giant step forward in speed...

Edited by nikster