Why So Many Farang Hate Thailand?

MikeSoi11

Were it ever true that some Farangs had no place (bars?) else to go and vent, and needed some more time to acclimatize, I would venture to say that there are more bars per square here than anywhere else on God's green earth.

What with the copious amounts of gorgeous Thai babes about, who has the time or need to whinge & whine about whats wrong. Another veritable crock. So how much more time do y'all need?!

BR>Jack

You as a babe hunter, should have no problems Jack :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you dont have to worry about how you look , the way to a better sex life is only a flight away.... :)

Ladies tend to prefer guys with a haircut who shower at least twice a day.

You heard it first on TV.

i just decide to move to Thailand to start my new and improved life. i think the Thai people are amazing and kind so i choose to live here but many farang seem to only complain endlessly about everything and everyone in Thailand so why do they want to live here?

:)

For one thing there are those that complain to get the attention...nobody bothers to listen to those who live happily in Thailand with their Thai families. Being happy is boring.

Generally, Thailand, like other places,is whatever you want to make it. If you want to conplain you can always find something to complain about. The glass is always half empty rather than half full to some people.

And then, there are certain Brits, who always complain about everything.They wouldn't be really happy unless they had something to complain about.

I'm sure at there is at least one person on this forum right now that is ready to complain he can't get a decent "fry up" in Bangkok. Or Mexican food like they had in San Diego. Now why should you really expect to find such a thing in Bangkok?

There are just some personality types that can't really feel happy unless they have something to complain about.

I'm not saying Thailand is a perfect, but what place is?

Then you have another type who have selective hindsight. Wherever they are NOW is inferior in their selective memory to wherever they WERE before they came here.

Then we have another type of Farang that is a constant complainer because the Thais don't recognise HIS value as a Farang/Westerner/Superior person. All the money he has spent on boose and bargirls, and the Thais still don't respect him for it. Don't they understand how important he is?

Enough said, you've seen some of that type of posts here on this forum.

For mysellf, I just ignore most of their griping. I have my own life to live. To h_ll with them.

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG

i just decide to move to Thailand to start my new and improved life. i think the Thai people are amazing and kind so i choose to live here but many farang seem to only complain endlessly about everything and everyone in Thailand so why do they want to live here?

Some people are malcontents who complain about everything wherever they are. Such people usually have such few friends at home that they end up in Thailand where they pay for unfortunate people to put up with them.

Others can't adjust to the Thai culture, and blame Thailand for their failure to do so by arrogantly claiming that Thailand owes them something and that they are somehow superior.

Some people are malcontents who complain about everything wherever they are. Such people usually have such few friends at home that they end up in Thailand where they pay for unfortunate people to put up with them.

Others can't adjust to the Thai culture, and blame Thailand for their failure to do so by arrogantly claiming that Thailand owes them something and that they are somehow superior.

Yesss . You hit the nail again. :) ...

Many are complete wank*rs that had no friends and no girlfriends at home and when they first move here they spend a lot of money and think that the Thais are all really wonderful people who really think that they are special human beings.

When they finally figure out that is all just Thai sweet talk - Thais don't like them any more than anyone at home ever did - they start to hate and resent everything Thai and feel that they are all ‘liars" and keep on moaning and groaning about them as long as they stay, which is usually much too long.

The truth is that many of them are worthless scumbags that no one has any use for, no matter where they go. :)

you dont have to worry about how you look , the way to a better sex life is only a flight away.... :)

Ladies tend to prefer guys with a haircut who shower at least twice a day.

You heard it first on TV.

TWICE A DAY ?? :D

Is that a shower before AND after sex, or is it showering before sex on two occasions each day ? :D

i come here to find enlightenment and true happiness.

Well talking, typing about issues that your unhappy with is one way of expressing how you feel, also without people coming together in certain instances change would never have occurred (speaking generally). Although I do agree that to harp on about the same thing or to find things to pick at is definitely not beneficial for anyone, maybe for those they should reconsider watching relocation relocation or get a mind transplant. Not that I ever mind anyone having a good bi#ch as I can always remove myself from the situation.

Wish the OP best of luck in what you seek! but I do believe anyone looking for this; is in the wrong place as it an internal job. Although one man's happiness and enlightenment may differ to another's. Peace

Edited by BboyRusty

The complainers don't discriminate. They would hate it anywhere they happened to live.

By not burning bridges, that means no running out on debts and to settle all your affairs before you leave.

Just for general information, US citizens who run out on their child support will have their passports confiscated the first time they need something done at the US Embassy.

They don't, most of the complainers are just losers who have not advanced in any way since being here, have no family and rely on drunk bar buddies and bar girls to entertain them. If this was your life wouldn't you be depressed and lash out ?

I went through a period of this recently due to marital breakdown (she was having an affair), but ever since coming back I've really settled into the little village here and I'VE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER! I've never been part of a community before and take back whatever bad things I've said about this place.

Ideally, if you can do this without getting involved with a woman, I think that's the ideal.

Apologies to all on TV for my recent rants, I was wrong.

Nice people here in Issan.

I have found that the miserable, whingeing, whining, grumpy complaining farangs would do exactly the same thing no matter which country they were living in. It is just the type of person they are. Never happy with whatever they are doing or living and nothing will ever change them.I personally just laugh at them as they are really sad people. Stand in any bar back home and you will hear the same old crap! No! the country is not utopia and is far from perfect but my quality of life here is far better than working my butt off for 12 hours a day 7 days a week in London! :)

I was most interested to read these views. I have lived in Dubai for 17 years and now plan to move to BKK. Us Oldies in Dubai also have little good to say about the place probably because it turned from being a town into a city in double quick time. Not the same as Thailand. Now, as a 28 year expat I realise that wherever you hang your hat there will (eventually) be lots to whinge about. During my new posting to BKK I really hope that I will have learnt lessons, and be more positive. Fascinating subject though.

They don't, most of the complainers are just losers who have not advanced in any way since being here, have no family and rely on drunk bar buddies and bar girls to entertain them. If this was your life wouldn't you be depressed and lash out ?

I went through a period of this recently due to marital breakdown (she was having an affair), but ever since coming back I've really settled into the little village here and I'VE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER! I've never been part of a community before and take back whatever bad things I've said about this place.

Ideally, if you can do this without getting involved with a woman, I think that's the ideal.

Good to hear it mate, there is nothing better than a bit of fresh air and relaxation.

Good luck :)

I have found that the miserable, whingeing, whining, grumpy complaining farangs would do exactly the same thing no matter which country they were living in. It is just the type of person they are. Never happy with whatever they are doing or living and nothing will ever change them.I personally just laugh at them as they are really sad people. Stand in any bar back home and you will hear the same old crap! No! the country is not utopia and is far from perfect but my quality of life here is far better than working my butt off for 12 hours a day 7 days a week in London! :)

Working 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week in London, you must have been part of a chain gang working in the east end.

A lot of guys are stuck -more are married or at least committed... the latter usually means having children- here with no way out (and as mentioned no way up in the world either).

So they whine to feel better.

A lot of guys are stuck -more are married or at least committed... the latter usually means having children- here with no way out (and as mentioned no way up in the world either).

Are you saying that having little bundles of joy is a bad thing for your life ?

Funny isnt it, the same lot that complain all the time are probably the same ones that jump off a balcony rather than return home,,,,,and when they realise that they are not a "sexy man " and the little woman will scoot if the rent stops hits home its thailands fault, not theirs for not seeing it if it bit them on the @ss ! :)

Thailand is not the place for everyone.

Although I love country I went through some tough times with homesickness

in the early days.

A Swedish guy I worked with could not wait for his assignment to finish.

So beit.

I ended up staying 20 years, and loved it.

Life anywhere is what you make of it.

Good to hear it mate, there is nothing better than a bit of fresh air and relaxation.

Good luck :)

Thanks BB,

Just pottered outside a minute then. The air is cool, a little rain today, the sounds of people chatting and laughing and enjoying themselves and each others company . . . it might be poor here, but closer to paradise I don't think you could find.

H20Dunc,

Yes I concur. My working week would be 90 hours typical, max was 136 hours of industrial hel_l. Near death last year, lying on a gurney waiting to go into the operating theatre I just through "I've had enough!".

Lot of people like us in the UK. Might have paid well(ish) but it was by no means easy.

Are you saying that having little bundles of joy is a bad thing for your life ?

For me, no. But for guys who aren't prepared financially and possibly have made career decisions that have resulted in their income being fixed (plenty of exceptions but the local environment for jobbers and to some extent entrepreneurs isn't conducive to rapidly or even steadily increasing income levels) with little chance of increase for the future... yes, a life of whine and cheese may indeed be on the near horizon. This increasing expenses with no increase in income situation for many foreigners grows substantially with children.

:D

Edited by Heng

Listen fellows, everyone is entitled to express their opinions and their feelings on whatever subject they are questioned, since there are always different views on different subjects, this is due to the fact that people have different experiences in life, hence their views, obviously some might disagree with those views but there is no justification in verbally insulting them, nor is it proper to insult one's home country, therefore please steady on chaps, don't jump the railings in over excitement.

Listen fellows, everyone is entitled to express their opinions and their feelings on whatever subject they are questioned, since there are always different views on different subjects, this is due to the fact that people have different experiences in life, hence their views, obviously some might disagree with those views but there is no justification in verbally insulting them, nor is it proper to insult one's home country, therefore please steady on chaps, don't jump the railings in over excitement.

Yes, not quite sure what they mean by 'trolling' on this site, it's hardly a single issue forum. People just talk about their experiences etc.

Chap above, correct, you need to keep an income. I've kept my job in Europe, still do a bit and off again on site shortly. Retirement comes at retirement age and there's no escaping that.

Edited by MJP

The only time i'm aware of the hatred is when i come on this forum. Period

I never see or hear it in my daily life in LoS.

I assume most negative posters on here are my age plus 25 years and probably retired or semi and have experiences only the bar scene.

Personally and the farangs i know also have a very healthy positive mental attititude to living here.

Its a small minority who moan and hate it here as only a small minority of Thai girls are bg's but everyone outside of Thailand assumes they all are bg's or ladyboys.