The Ashes

uptheos

That's the spirit bdenner get behind the team. :)

Come on man where's that famed Aussie grit. If English fans had taken that attitude over much of the past 20 years we'd have packed up long ago.

All the signs are that it will be a great, competitive series.

Well, it's here again the greatest cricket tournament in the world, The Ashes.

Forget, colourful clown outfits, one dayers or American style 20/20 slugfests, this is REAL cricket, where tickles down to fine leg and driving through the covers will show what REAL cricket is all about.....and REAL cricketing colours will be worn (White). I'm really looking forward to sharing some banter with my many Aussie pals, who are already trembling at the thought of not having McGrath to tie up one end whilst Warne creates havoc from the other....it's going to be GREAT...it always is, regardless of who wins.

So, where are people going to watch it?

Who is showing all 5 tests?

Is anyone giving a special on beers for The Ashes series...they do in UK and Oz?

Just enjoyed the first day's coverage from Sky on WETV. Great stuff.

Are WETV now broadcasting SKY Sports? When I had WETV it was only the South African Super Sports they showed. Would good be good to know if it is SKY, as there are a few sports Super Sports do not broadcast.

Iain

Well, it's here again the greatest cricket tournament in the world, The Ashes.

Forget, colourful clown outfits, one dayers or American style 20/20 slugfests, this is REAL cricket, where tickles down to fine leg and driving through the covers will show what REAL cricket is all about.....and REAL cricketing colours will be worn (White). I'm really looking forward to sharing some banter with my many Aussie pals, who are already trembling at the thought of not having McGrath to tie up one end whilst Warne creates havoc from the other....it's going to be GREAT...it always is, regardless of who wins.

So, where are people going to watch it?

Who is showing all 5 tests?

Is anyone giving a special on beers for The Ashes series...they do in UK and Oz?

Just enjoyed the first day's coverage from Sky on WETV. Great stuff.

Are WETV now broadcasting SKY Sports? When I had WETV it was only the South African Super Sports they showed. Would good be good to know if it is SKY, as there are a few sports Super Sports do not broadcast.

Iain

You're right Iain - it's still the same SA Super Sports channel, but they're using the SKY coverage from England (with Beefy, Bumble, Nasser, et al)

That's the spirit bdenner get behind the team. :)

Come on man where's that famed Aussie grit. If English fans had taken that attitude over much of the past 20 years we'd have packed up long ago.

All the signs are that it will be a great, competitive series.

Any chance of an extra 10% discount if we show a British passport (for a beer to cry in)?

What a pity the poms didn't play iin the spirit of the game and stalled for time in the last few overs.

Stupid game though..the poms get to bat for two innings (the Aussies only one innings) make only 13 runs more than the Oz team but still it's a draw.

Maybe they should have had an all in brawl after the last ball to decide a winner!!

I do seriously like test cricket, but there seem to be some rather stupid rules.

11.5 overs in which to get 'Monty' out and the Aussies couldn't do it.....therefore they certainly didn't deserve to win!

They need to look at their bowling which has some serious flaws. :)

I think it was more the flatness of the wicket than the ability of the bowlers.

It always looked like a draw from the start and the aussies done well to go so close. Likewise England did well to hold on till the death.

Cricket at its best.