Intranet & Internet

stats

Dear ALl,

I am alittle confuse about the Intranet and Internet....What is the diferent??? Do we need an internet conection to be able to use the intranet for the workgroup in email in an office of 30 unit of PC...

Thank you,

Hope any1 out there could tell me the different of this solution....

thanx

Tytus

No difference at all, same system and technologie , can be hosted in the company of far away.

Intranet: Mostly applications accessable through a web browser and limited to a certain amount of user (company, shop). can be hosted on the internet or on the local lan system.

Internet: Publically available website , free access for all. hosted on public servers mostly with isp's (internet service providers)

Intranet: Mostly applications accessable through a web browser and limited to a certain amount of user (company, shop). can be hosted on the internet or on the local lan system.

I am not sure you will find an Intranet on the Internet.

Intranet is basically a private Internet, usually to allow company employees to

share applications and data.

It is true that an intranet can span the world, but does so via dedicated connections.

Some servers on the Intranet may also be accessible from the internet but that is a different matter.

Access to the intranet is usually via the company lan, or wireless access with MAC authentication, or via dialup ports with password protection.

I am not sure you will find an Intranet on the Internet.

Intranet is basically a private Internet, usually to allow company employees to

share applications and data.

It is true that an intranet can span the world, but does so via dedicated connections.

Some servers on the Intranet may also be accessible from the internet but that is a different matter.

Access to the intranet is usually via the company lan, or wireless access with MAC authentication, or via dialup ports with password protection.

Many astral, this is my old company i worked for http://www.interact.be

notice the suppliers and employee button. when logged on the website transforms in to an complete erp tool called synergy with HRM,CRM,FInacials, Workflows, document managemenet ect....

only one tool for the entire company. same as working in the company itself. I could work anywhere :o

notice the suppliers and employee button. when logged on the website transforms in to an complete erp tool called synergy with HRM,CRM,FInacials, Workflows, document managemenet ect....

only one tool for the entire company. same as working in the company itself. I could work anywhere :D

Well, is that called an Extranet...? :o