Maxnet Wont Allow To Cancel Contract

tomartoh

Recently Maxnet told gf she could cancel the agreement as we could not get decent service from them in our location. Very slow, Best ever was less than half a meg. Engineers been and they admit nothing they could do for us as the line is rented from TOT and was old. TOT put a new line into the area but wont allow Maxnet on it. So we were told at the TOT office today.

So we cancel the TOT line today but Maxnet refuse to accept a cancellation and tell gf she she signed 12 months and she got to pay for balance of 12 months. So she upset and comes onto me saying I got to pay as I wanted it [the internet]. This is after they asked gf to sign new contract a few weeks ago as ''new partner coming into business".

What a joke. A lot of Thais just don't stand up for themselves and put up with shit and being bamboozled by inefficient services. and downright bad customer relations. So she can mouth off to me but not to those she should do.

Anyone else being told they have to abide by contract?

Recently Maxnet told gf she could cancel the agreement as we could not get decent service from them in our location. Very slow, Best ever was less than half a meg. Engineers been and they admit nothing they could do for us as the line is rented from TOT and was old. TOT put a new line into the area but wont allow Maxnet on it. So we were told at the TOT office today.

So we cancel the TOT line today but Maxnet refuse to accept a cancellation and tell gf she she signed 12 months and she got to pay for balance of 12 months. So she upset and comes onto me saying I got to pay as I wanted it [the internet]. This is after they asked gf to sign new contract a few weeks ago as ''new partner coming into business".

What a joke. A lot of Thais just don't stand up for themselves and put up with shit and being bamboozled by inefficient services. and downright bad customer relations. So she can mouth off to me but not to those she should do.

Anyone else being told they have to abide by contract?

Check the paperwork you signed carefully, i believe the cancellation fee for the maxnet contracts is around 2,000 baht.

Classic Thai scenario of no one wanting to take responsibility and if there is a westerner around to pick up the tab then it doesn't matter anyway. I fear it really is because they don't understand enough to enter into contracts and those providing the contracts don't know that to enforce a contract they actually have to provide what they said they would. Add in the lack of desire to confront issues and you've a perfect recipe for disaster.

Good luck Tom ...I think you can just stop paying. Give them their equipment back (router etc.) and say 'take me/gf to court. My opinion on this, but up to how you see it: 1. Taking you to court would be an embarassment for them when you started producing your evidence of correspondence and problems (I've kept most of mine over th last 11 months) 2. Time consuming for them (I'm sure your not the 1st Thai or Farang to give up paying them)

Most probable outcome: they let it go.

Good luck!

Edited by YouYouYou

Maybe i am wrong, but didn't they require a copy of your passport?

so if you have an outstanding account with them,

couldn't they simply contact the immigration.

then when you try to leave they could detail you.

After all that is what i thought they would want a copy of the passport for,

for that very reason, non payers.

just my 2 bobs worth

but good luck.

<em>"Maybe i am wrong, but didn't they require a copy of your passport?

so if you have an outstanding account with them,

couldn't they simply contact the immigration.

then when you try to leave they could detail you.

After all that is what i thought they would want a copy of the passport for,

for that very reason, non payers.

just my 2 bobs worth

but good luck"</em>

I doubt this Chris, Thais are not that well joined up. The obsession with passports (and ID cards if you are Thai), is that historically it has been difficult to establish identity. You may know that names in Thai are something of a moving feast.

Thais assume that people will rip them off. An entertaining irony you may think...

Kev

chris. the contracts in the gf name. its her thats crapping herself and getting worked up. otherwise i wouldnt take any notice. they might blacklist someone but even then i think its doubtful. i had a previous gf who made a regular thing of not paying debts and so far despite owing much money a few years later still nothing happens to her. At one time ubc used to flash messages on the tv screen but she threatened them with legal action and that stopped them.

i dont believe they would contact immigration as they are not a government dept. like say the tax people, and surely they would need a court order to do anything. The courts come heavy on fraud, owing money through misfortune is not the same.

I suppose my beef is the chronic lack of service from Maxnet. it really is a nightmare trying to load sites at times. And then they want their contract maintained by the punters without doing f... all themselves

chris. the contracts in the gf name. its her thats crapping herself and getting worked up. otherwise i wouldnt take any notice. they might blacklist someone but even then i think its doubtful. i had a previous gf who made a regular thing of not paying debts and so far despite owing much money a few years later still nothing happens to her. At one time ubc used to flash messages on the tv screen but she threatened them with legal action and that stopped them.

i dont believe they would contact immigration as they are not a government dept. like say the tax people, and surely they would need a court order to do anything. The courts come heavy on fraud, owing money through misfortune is not the same.

I suppose my beef is the chronic lack of service from Maxnet. it really is a nightmare trying to load sites at times. And then they want their contract maintained by the punters without doing f... all themselves

When you sign up for the ADSL they state that the connection speeds are maximum speeds and not guaranteed speeds, so... Perhaps if you can demonstrate to them that:

• The maximum speeds are impossible due to line conditions (the modem will show maximum possible speeds) AND
  • The bad line conditions are outside your control and not on your property...

then it seems like you have a clear case to present to a manger and ask to cease the contract without a cancellation fee. They wouldn't allow a customer too far from the DSLAM to sign up because the service is not usable. The same applies to you, though it's due to their poor lines and not the distance.

Then again, the fact that it makes sense doesn't always work here. :)

Don't pay them.

I once owed TOT 4000 baht, no service, never paid.

I once owed LOXINFO 2700 baht, no service, never paid.

My Neighbor got away with 16 000 baht not paying TOT for line that never worked for 6 months, no pay.

Don't worry, they are wrong and know it, no danger of court, no danger for your passport/visa. This is a civil matter and THEY ARE 100% WRONG and you are right, there is "some" justice in Thailand sometimes.

About the girlfriend mouthing at you?....Grrrrrr try to make her pay for it out of her own pocket and see how she likes it.

If she gets hysterical and mouths off some more maybe consider getting a new one! :)