Open Travel Agency

eladblum

I have failed to find this in this forum.

My wife want to open a travel agency. Does a TAT license is something every tour company must to obtain?

Or is it an option? and if it is an option, what are the benefits that one gets from obtaining that license.

thanks.

I have failed to find this in this forum.

My wife want to open a travel agency. Does a TAT license is something every tour company must to obtain?

Or is it an option? and if it is an option, what are the benefits that one gets from obtaining that license.

thanks.

If you are just going to sell tickets or book hotels, you probably won't need a license. If you are planning to run tours yourself though, or want to book tickets directly with airlines rather than through an agency, you will need an inbound license (100K baht) - and if you are planning to operate tours taking people out of Thailand, you will need an outbound license (another 100K baht).

Also, be aware that most hotels will not enter into a contract with you unless you have a TAT license - so you'd have to book through a wholesaler or another agency if you don't obtain a license.

You will need a system, probably Amadeus, for booking tickets. You will need to have staff who are certified by Amadeus for basic reservations in order to get the software and the installation codes. I believe there is no cost for this.

As for getting a license - you would normally go to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (http://www.tourismthailand.org/) - but I understand that the process has changed and I am not quite sure what it is now. I think it is best you call or contact the above site for more information.

You will need a system, probably Amadeus, for booking tickets. You will need to have staff who are certified by Amadeus for basic reservations in order to get the software and the installation codes. I believe there is no cost for this.

As for getting a license - you would normally go to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (http://www.tourismthailand.org/) - but I understand that the process has changed and I am not quite sure what it is now. I think it is best you call or contact the above site for more information.

Thanks again

Thanks again

Dear My's friend, I've just saw this forum and would like to help for the suggestion about the T.A.T. license. I would like to tell you that it's very important now on this day as you've to use as an attach document for them to consider when you decide to get a contract directly to Hotels, Tourist spots, Tour Agencies evenly asking for use the amadeus software system for free at Amadeus office. The price range like now for registration is around 10,000 Bath - 200,000 Bath depend on what type of the company do you want to done, so i suggest you to contract to the www.tourismcentre.go.th and get about the information. Have a nice day.