Metric Iron Butt Ride 1000+ Km In A Day!

Are you up for an Iron Butt?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just gotta step back and laugh at these baby Iron Butts.

Did a double on a wideglide from New orleans to los angeles non-stop. That's 2000 real miles. A lot of coffee, a few other stimulates, and hammer down with two other guys. Stopped only to eat, pee, and stretch. 31 hours. Returned via portland, sturgis, four corners. One hel_l of a ride.

So, watch yourself out there and those head-on buses and goofy Thai lunitics.

russ

Cheers Russ,

I've done a few thousand plus mile rides in the States as well- piece of cake with wide American roads and not a soi dog, water buffalo, head on bus or goofy Somchai maniac driver in site. Riding after dark in the US- no worries (unless you're in deer country). Thai roads are a lot more dangerous and challenging so I think starting with a metric Iron Butt is a good start. Do you have a bike here in Thailand? Going to join us?

Happy Trails!

As with so many of us, we tend to live in the past and wish our bodies could be as hard as our di**s. I envy those who still can and still do. At 71 , my best miles are behind me . I still ride everyday as I have for over 50 years. I wish you guys all the best and did not in any way, challenge the feat nor the diminish the accomplishment. Ride on, ride safe, and may the Iron gods watch over you.

russ

Tony.

Too far to enjoy IMO unless you are on something very comfortable and in good weather, most i've done in a day was about 750km and that was enough but as said if comfortable and with good whether I reckon I could have handled another couple of hundred clicks.

:)