Porsches In Phuket

ramisi

This afternoon on the way back from Central to Chalong was overtaken by a long line of non standard Porsches(est over 30 maybe nearer 40) led and trailed by police cars. All the Porsches seemed to have Malaysian number plates. Non of these cars were the same, all looked highly modified in some way or other, some with stickers and red flashing lights on the roof. Anyone know what it was about?

The sounds of the engines were great!!! :):D:D

I saw a few today too. Along with a Mitsubishi GTO (3000GT VR-4 in N. America) which I thought was funny as it's considered a poor mans Porsche. (Having said that I used to have a VR-4 and would rather again than a Porsche)

Hope they had the wet tyres on today!

I saw a few today too. Along with a Mitsubishi GTO (3000GT VR-4 in N. America) which I thought was funny as it's considered a poor mans Porsche. (Having said that I used to have a VR-4 and would rather again than a Porsche)

Hope they had the wet tyres on today!

The GTO has AWD so no worries there!!

I went about importing my 911 from Europe UNTIL the vultures in BKK hit me with an import price that would feed a village for a month, it was nearly the price of the car again.

I also looked at bringing in a 1932 ford highboy Roadster 325hp but again the cost this end was frightening.

Has anyone had any luck with importing cars and if so please either PM me or post details here.

Thanks

Has anyone had any luck with importing cars and if so please either PM me or post details here.

Thanks

A while ago I was researching importing a car and I stumbled upon a web site all about importing cars to Thailand. The first piece of advice they gave was - forget it, too much trouble & cost to do-it-yourself. From talking to an individual who did import his own car (BMW) from Germany, that was a good piece of advice.

I saw the Porsche's today in Patong. There was only about 10 of them, few Cayman's, the rest 996 GT3's annd the odd GT3 RS. Looked good all stickered up, and looked desperate to get OUT of Patong....who'd blame em.

Disappointed really I was expecting old, rare or maybe the holy grail itself the 959!

Dan (on Louise's id :)