ADF Man Robbed Of Laptop By Ladyboy

churchill

sounds like (s)he must have spread a bit of money around

a "guest" going into a hotel for the first time then half an hour or so later coming down with a lot of stuff isn't going to raise suspicion

i think a few of the hotel staff should get sacked for either complicity or stupidity take your pick

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I can't understand is that if he thought it was a woman and doesn't remember anything after getting back to his room and the hotel didn't check the ID card, which in itself sounds very odd for a top flight hotel, who has identified the suspect as a ladyboy??

What I can't understand is that if he thought it was a woman and doesn't remember anything after getting back to his room and the hotel didn't check the ID card, which in itself sounds very odd for a top flight hotel, who has identified the suspect as a ladyboy??

Good point!

Maybe the CCTV showed it was a blatantly obvious one and he's only saying he wasnt aware.

Or maybe its just some journalist benig clever by saying it was a ladyboy.

Its fairly easy to take guests back to your room without leaving the ID card all you need to do is walk straight to the lift with them.

"Normally unregistered guests at the hotel, which is used regularly by the nearby Australian embassy, have to hand over an ID card before entering a guest's room, but last Friday night the rules were apparently relaxed. "

Just read this no way I can believe it. Thais know a lady boy when they see one and even if it was a lady no way no way she would have made it through. Good point who identified a "ladyboy"? Guys you will soon find out like most news article there is a missing piece or just generally very poor journalism

errmmm

think again about 5 star hotels. have you ever been asked for ID at 5 star hotels? I havent!

I visit friends that come to thailand on business a fair bit, and often have gone up to their room. not once have I ever been asked for my ID, by any staff, at ANY hotel, in thailand or even elsewhere for that matter. certainly not the 4 or 5 star hotels.

the only occasions hotels seem to make a fuss about visitors are say in the cheaper hotels, for instance for me was in europe where they want to charge on a per person basis rather than per room. and from what ive read here on TV, it tends to be cheaper places in say pattaya or bangkok that watch these things more.

the 5 star hotel to my knowledge, even if you were bringing a lady or guy 'friend' for overnight, they are too busy being discreet to the guests to be questioning who his/her companion is.

To all you ADF laddos out there - if its legs are too long, its breasts are too full, its butt is too tite, its hair is too long, its just way too pretty, it prolly aint. Even crotch grabbing aint no guarantee. Be careful out there.

BR>Jack

Oh, less we forget, its hands are way too large, and the ultimate Adams Apple!!

:):D

errmmm

think again about 5 star hotels. have you ever been asked for ID at 5 star hotels? I havent!

I visit friends that come to thailand on business a fair bit, and often have gone up to their room. not once have I ever been asked for my ID, by any staff, at ANY hotel, in thailand or even elsewhere for that matter. certainly not the 4 or 5 star hotels.

the only occasions hotels seem to make a fuss about visitors are say in the cheaper hotels, for instance for me was in europe where they want to charge on a per person basis rather than per room. and from what ive read here on TV, it tends to be cheaper places in say pattaya or bangkok that watch these things more.

the 5 star hotel to my knowledge, even if you were bringing a lady or guy 'friend' for overnight, they are too busy being discreet to the guests to be questioning who his/her companion is.

True,in my experience too.

But,then,how do they know it was a ladyboy? :)

errmmm

I stayed at the Banyan Tree for a couple of nights

Wouldn't let my thai gf into the hotel at all as she was not a guest (this was in the daytime!) not even to sit around the pool...checked out as soon as

Lucky for me my state secrets haven't been revealed :)

Wouldn't let my thai gf into the hotel at all as she was not a guest (this was in the daytime!) not even to sit around the pool...

that is uncharacteristic of them

she could have been a guest to use the restaurants, coffee shop or the pool bar for all they know!

but again, in general, what ive noticed at 5 star hotels is that they arent questioning people entering in and out of hotel. must be cos theres so much activity going on. eg. Dusit Hotel in Silom - so many food outlet, that they cant possibly question everyone walking in whether they are staying at hotel. Banyan Tree has the Virtigo amongst other hotels. from when I have visited, dont recall there being any attempt for them to ask ANYONE entering for ID, or even to ask anybody walking in any kind of questions at all. its one of those hotels that have no staying guests walking in and out all the time, including the need to use the elevator to get to the public restaurants.

smaller hotels like say the Swiss Lodge in Soi Convent would be different. cos the hotel is so small, there is no reason for non-staying guests to get past a certain point of the public area, and hence more likelihood of you being questioned.

Wouldn't let my thai gf into the hotel at all as she was not a guest (this was in the daytime!) not even to sit around the pool...

she could have been a guest to use the restaurants, coffee shop or the pool bar for all they know!

but again, in general, what ive noticed at 5 star hotels is that they arent questioning people entering in and out of hotel. must be cos theres so much activity going on. eg. Dusit Hotel in Silom - so many food outlet, that they cant possibly question everyone walking in whether they are staying at hotel. Banyan Tree has the Virtigo amongst other hotels. from when I have visited, dont recall there being any attempt for them to ask ANYONE entering for ID, or even to ask anybody walking in any kind of questions at all. its one of those hotels that have no staying guests walking in and out all the time, including the need to use the elevator to get to the public restaurants.

smaller hotels like say the Swiss Lodge in Soi Convent would be different. cos the hotel is so small, there is no reason for non-staying guests to get past a certain point of the public area, and hence more likelihood of you being questioned.

Totally agree with you never had this happen at any other hotel in bangkok

Makes this story seem very odd to me

Yes but there is not so much activity going on in hotels in bangkok between 2.40 AM and 7 AM because the outlets and the public restaurant are closed, only staying guests are supposed to walk in.

And there is certainely not a lot of activity as most of them already sleep.

this is a strange story :)

This has to be a troll or katoy masquerading as one.

Too many holes

BR>Jack

to many holes....

actually in this case i think navy boy would agree..not enough holes

:D:D

Well, the brochures do say that there are a lot of unique "hand crafted" items for sale in Bangkok. :)

Yes but there is not so much activity going on in hotels in bangkok between 2.40 AM and 7 AM because the outlets and the public restaurant are closed, only staying guests are supposed to walk in.

And there is certainely not a lot of activity as most of them already sleep.

this is a strange story :)

This hotel in my experience does not tolerate bar girls in any way

Luckily Thailand has plenty of other places to stay

:D:D

that may be the case

all Im saying is, I dont recall any 5 star hotels having a rigorous check of guests and people that accompany guests walking in to the hotel. certainly dont see any ID checks happening. never have seen it in fact.

so the hotel's answer of 'usually we check, but Friday we didnt' is shall we say.....somewhat hard to believe?

Are the Ausies not expert sheep people also?!

BR>Jack

No jack, seems you need to get out abit, its the KIWI's that are the Sheep experts......you know, New Zealand, that small island off the east coast of Australia? :D

edit before Im flamed, its two large islands and a number of smaller ones :)

Edited by neverdie

Are the Ausies not expert sheep people also?!

BR>Jack

No jack, seems you need to get out abit, its the KIWI's that are the Sheep experts......you know, New Zealand, that small island off the east coast of Australia? :D

edit before Im flamed, its two large islands and a number of smaller ones :)

Even so, there are still more sheep in Australia than humans, something like 26 million, so I guess that would make Australia the runners up in Sheep expertise. :D

that may be the case

all Im saying is, I dont recall any 5 star hotels having a rigorous check of guests and people that accompany guests walking in to the hotel. certainly dont see any ID checks happening. never have seen it in fact.

so the hotel's answer of 'usually we check, but Friday we didnt' is shall we say.....somewhat hard to believe?

Hard to believe when you know the banyan tree policy about thai guests.

May i add that even if they didn't check the ID, a ladyboy walking out of this hotel with a laptop or a big bag between 2.40 AM and 7 AM is suspect and is expected to attract the attention of the security, no ?

Police reported that, in another incident across town at the city's Mercure Hotel on the same night, a ladyboy drugged a Korean client, but he was stopped as he left the hotel with the Korean's belongings.

that may be the case

Hard to believe when you know the banyan tree policy about thai guests.

May i add that even if they didn't check the ID, a ladyboy walking out of this hotel with a laptop or a big bag between 2.40 AM and 7 AM is suspect and is expected to attract the attention of the security,

no ?

Yes indeed.

Apart from this, I would like to mention that in many 4 and 5* hotels there are "security" guards, standing close to the elevators and checking upon unwanted guests; in 99.9% of the cases they will never stop a Farang.

If he is accompanied by a Thai lady(boy)-of-the-night (and...they will know when it is one...) they will -in most cases- politely ask to hand over the ID card to the desk or make a copy of the same. Most of the time these security guards start from 22.00PM onwards.

(But there are also very high class and sophisticated Thai -and from other Asian countries- "Ladies" that are known, or even arranged by, the 5* hotel management to "comfort" certain high-so guests :D )...A friend of mine was, unexpectedly, sent a high class Lady, knocking his door and was asked if everything was all right with his suite. He thought it was the floor manager as she was dressed very chique.

"Please allow me to give you a massage, because you must be very tired, coming from HK"; he was surprised she knew he came from HK and suspected she wasn't the floor manager at all :D but thought, Oh well....and before he knew he was "comforted" all the way. Later it turned out she was sent by the owners of the hotel-chain in HK.

Of course, this time, in the Banyan Hotel, something could have gone wrong but there are always the camera images, no doubt. But because of the sensitive circumstances both parties will have decided upon silence now...no ? :)

LaoPo

(But there are also very high class and sophisticated Thai -and from other Asian countries- "Ladies" that are known, or even arranged by, the 5* hotel management to "comfort" certain high-so guests :) )...A friend of mine was, unexpectedly, sent a high class Lady, knocking his door and was asked if everything was all right with his suite. He thought it was the floor manager as she was dressed very chique.

"Please allow me to give you a massage, because you must be very tired, coming from HK"; he was surprised she knew he came from HK and suspected she wasn't the floor manager at all :D but thought, Oh well....and before he knew he was "comforted" all the way. Later it turned out she was sent by the owners of the hotel-chain in HK.

LaoPo

Is this complementary - if so which hotel???

THE Australian Defence Force is investigating a potential breach of national security after a naval officer in Bangkok was robbed of his Defence Department computer by a ladyboy he had brought back to his hotel room late at night.

Defence last night played down the security implications of the theft, saying the data in the laptop was of a low classification and it was password-protected.

The officer -- named in a Thai police report as Lieutenant Commander Peter de Maskens, a qualified helicopter pilot who received the Order of Australia Medal in January -- was in Bangkok on official business and had gone out for the night to the city's Nana Plaza, an entertainment zone in the city full of go-go bars and where ladyboys also solicit in the streets.

After returning to the city's Banyan Tree Hotel with his guest about 2.40am last Saturday, the officer blacked out inside the hotel room and did not wake up until 7am.

Meanwhile, his laptop, cash, a mobile telephone, two bags, an iPod, his passport and his credit cards had disappeared. He could not remember anything after entering his room. He is understood to have told colleagues that he thought his guest was a woman.

Normally unregistered guests at the hotel, which is used regularly by the nearby Australian embassy, have to hand over an ID card before entering a guest's room, but last Friday night the rules were apparently relaxed.

As a result, officers at Thungmahamek police station have little evidence to go on and have called for the hotel's CCTV videos.

A manager at the hotel said suites had in-room safes, plus there was a central safe for larger items.

Defence last night confirmed that the incident was being investigated. "A navy lieutenant commander staying in Bangkok had his personal belongings stolen from his hotel room last weekend, during his off-duty hours," a spokesman told The Weekend Australian.

"The personal belongings included a Defence-owned laptop computer. The laptop contained only the lowest-classification data and was fitted with appropriate security software to deny access to any information on the computer.

"The incident is under investigation and the circumstances of the incident are being verified."

The officer was visiting Thailand on Defence business with the Royal Thai Navy.

Asked if ADF personnel received adequate advice on practising safe sex while visiting Bangkok, the department replied that all personnel were required to read a country brief for the area they were operating in.

As the incident was still under investigation, Defence declined to say whether it regarded the officer's behaviour as inappropriate. Thai police were continuing to investigate the theft in conjunction with the Australian embassy in Bangkok.

Police reported that, in another incident across town at the city's Mercure Hotel on the same night, a ladyboy drugged a Korean client, but he was stopped as he left the hotel with the Korean's belongings.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...5013404,00.html

I guess they just keep him in a high security position.......let's hope that he had his fun with the 3rd gender Lol

post-39518-1247483917_thumb.jpg

(But there are also very high class and sophisticated Thai -and from other Asian countries- "Ladies" that are known, or even arranged by, the 5* hotel management to "comfort" certain high-so guests :) )...A friend of mine was, unexpectedly, sent a high class Lady, knocking his door and was asked if everything was all right with his suite. He thought it was the floor manager as she was dressed very chique.

LaoPo

Is this complementary - if so which hotel???

:D Yes, it was complementary; but of course I can't reveal the name of the hotel as I would name the owners also. But...the hotel is on the riverside. :D

LaoPo