Lost Passport And Non Imm B

Dear All,

Trying to get answers from HR dept and company lawyer... from our head office in BKK, but very slow. So I try for advice here.

Situation:

Based in South (currently in Phuket) with WP and Non Imm -B multiply valid until Jan 2010. Lost my passport, filed a police report got me a temporary passport (valid for 4 months). Need to go to "my" embassy in Bangkok to apply for new regular passport (takes 4-6 weeks) and also very important need to go to Immigration in BKK to sort out stamp (extension to stay...?).

The Non imm-B was originally made at Suan Plu (came on a visa on arrival, been in the country since) and same for the extension (on my second year). So my q is can they (along with the lawyer) transfer the visa into a temporary passport? After I been to immigration I need to go back to Phuket ASAP, but to go without passport when the have military check all the entrances to Phuket feels like a no-brainer. Catch 22...

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Doro

Believe you need to do two transfer of stamps - one into current passport (to take care of you now) and a second time into new permanent passport. Make application for full passport at your Embassy and ask them for a letter to Thai Immigration to enter your current extension of stay stamps (I have never lost passport so expect you use this letter and police report). Visit Immigration and explain what you need to do - should not cost anything but may take the day as transfers are done it a batch process. It is a routine procedure and you will have to do again after you get the new passport. If Embassy will not provide a letter just tell immigration that if they ask. Should be OK.

Lopburi 3,

Many thanks for your response. Now I have some weight to bring up with HR dept. A million thanks.

Dori

Believe you need to do two transfer of stamps - one into current passport (to take care of you now) and a second time into new permanent passport. Make application for full passport at your Embassy and ask them for a letter to Thai Immigration to enter your current extension of stay stamps (I have never lost passport so expect you use this letter and police report). Visit Immigration and explain what you need to do - should not cost anything but may take the day as transfers are done it a batch process. It is a routine procedure and you will have to do again after you get the new passport. If Embassy will not provide a letter just tell immigration that if they ask. Should be OK.

One further caution - information desk may send you to normal lost passport/transfer desk and they may in turn send you to extension Room 101 - if sent to 101 you use the basket in entry area that those returning for results after 30 day review use. But having a lost passport may alter the normal transfer process.