Pool Salt

MACAHOO

The title says it all.

Does anyone know where to buy the cheapest salt for my pool in Phuket?

Thank you.

Prices can vary according to transport costs & weather (too much rain limits production). Where do you normally buy your salt, how many kg in the bag, how much have you been paying, do you go & buy it yourself or have it delivered.

The title says it all.

Thank you.

I v tryed different supplyers, but some salt are very dirty, colors the water and clogg the filter.

Makro is approx 35 baht/5 kg bag and very clean salt.

Anyone cheaper for clean salt?

The title says it all.

Thank you.

I v tryed different supplyers, but some salt are very dirty, colors the water and clogg the filter.

Thank you, katabeachbum.

This is the kind of answer I was hoping for.

Can anybody advise what sort of cost I should be paying for pool maintanence. I have been using one arranged and paid for through my developer for last 2.5 year. Now is time to tighten the belt and I'm sure I will not be paying the most competitive price !

The pool is 10m X 4m x 1.2m

Also any good compnaies to recomend !

The title says it all.

Thank you.

Thank you, katabeachbum.

This is the kind of answer I was hoping for.

It is cheaper behind the market in Phuket Town for 25kg bags, just make sure you do not get sea salt.

Can anybody advise what sort of cost I should be paying for pool maintanence. I have been using one arranged and paid for through my developer for last 2.5 year. Now is time to tighten the belt and I'm sure I will not be paying the most competitive price !

The pool is 10m X 4m x 1.2m

Also any good compnaies to recomend !

How much are you paying at the moment? What is your location? I may be able to recommend someone.

was paying THB 4500 per month but believe now gone up to THB 5000 !

Location is Thaibali villas Cherngtalay

If you pm me, I'll give you a contact for a guy who knows the science - not a bluffer like most of them - and won't charge you anything like that!

I get my pool salt at BB supply in Phuket Town. Its located opposite Gor Tor Mor nightclub by the big circle. Just 400 from Robinson.

They dont look like much but supply big hotels with everything from chemicals for cleaning and pool supplies etc.

P Laeng is the owner. Good prices as well.

Cheers

I get my pool salt at BB supply in Phuket Town. Its located opposite Gor Tor Mor nightclub by the big circle. Just 400 from Robinson.

They dont look like much but supply big hotels with everything from chemicals for cleaning and pool supplies etc.

Cheers

An update on this post. I found the place today, also near the Dragon Gym (I was looking around the wrong circle near Robinsons as I didn't know where Gor Tor Mor Pub was :) ).

200 baht for a 25kg bag of refined salt,

450 baht for 25kg of HCl Acid.

Loads of other pool kit there also. Cheaper than PoolMart also in Phuket Town and they will deliver. PM if anyone needs their telephone number.

Cheers & Beers,

Martin.

Edited by robertsonmartin

Cheers

An update on this post. I found the place today, also near the Dragon Gym (I was looking around the wrong circle near Robinsons as I didn't know where Gor Tor Mor Pub was :) ).

200 baht for a 25kg bag of refined salt,

450 baht for 25kg of HCl Acid.

Loads of other pool kit there also. Cheaper than PoolMart also in Phuket Town and they will deliver. PM if anyone needs their telephone number.

Cheers & Beers,

Martin.

Suprises me to see Macro is cheaper, and so easy to handle and store their 5kg bags. Or 10 x 5 kg in one bag if you prefere.

Thank you for all the replies.

For me, I think Makro is the answer – the price is great at 175 Baht for 25kg, plus I really like the sound of easily manageable, 5kg bags.

Do you need a member card to use the Makro (near Central Festival) or can anyone buy stuff?

My experience at Makro at the weekend:

I had never been before. When we went to the checkout, we were asked if we had a Makro card. We hadn’t. So, they gave us a one-day card. Then, near the front door, my girlfriend gave her name and id number, and the next time we go, she will pick up her proper card. I don’t know if a non-Thai can apply for the proper card.

And, about the Makro salt: The only salt that I could find is “iodized” which, according to my internet research, is not recommended for swimming pool use. I couldn’t find out why it’s not recommended. Of course it’s possible I missed the non-iodized salt, but staff told me that is the only salt they stock – and it was in 5kg bags. Oh, and it was 40 Baht for 5kg.

My experience at Makro at the weekend:

I had never been before. When we went to the checkout, we were asked if we had a Makro card. We hadn't. So, they gave us a one-day card. Then, near the front door, my girlfriend gave her name and id number, and the next time we go, she will pick up her proper card. I don't know if a non-Thai can apply for the proper card.

And, about the Makro salt: The only salt that I could find is "iodized" which, according to my internet research, is not recommended for swimming pool use. I couldn't find out why it's not recommended. Of course it's possible I missed the non-iodized salt, but staff told me that is the only salt they stock – and it was in 5kg bags. Oh, and it was 40 Baht for 5kg.

Anyone can get a Makro card

The iodized salt is in blue and white bags and the nomal salt in red and white bags slightly cheaper.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

I’ve found salt at a good price: 171 Baht per 25kg bag (160B plus VAT.) TRS brand – good, clean salt; I’ve used this salt for a few years.

Delivered free of charge anywhere in Phuket, providing you order a minimum of 10 (I think) bags.

P.K. Pools & Chemical Phuket – 089 1032877 or 082 4200029

Coming from the airport, it’s just before Heroines’ Monument, opposite the Shell petrol station.

• 2 weeks later...

I am near Khon Kaen and the large pool company here was charging 560bhart for 50Kg class 1 TRS Salt !!

OK class 2 is all that's required for pool salt ,on a google round found Poolrite/GDL shop in Hua Hin selling TRS class 2 25kg bags for 130bhart , now they have a branch in Phuket so maybe the same there ?

Makro prices in Khon Kaen check out - can't think why I didn't try there before ! Any one in Khon Kaen know of a better deal ?