'weekly Schedule' For Drinking

JemJem

I have just thought of this. I am going to try it myself as of today and see how it goes. Of course, obviously, this is not for AA folks and others who want to quit drinking.

Self-control, self-motivation and self-awarding are factors here.

Okay....right now I am not in Thailand and we have different standards for beer volume here but to give you an idea, I will say the amounts as in Thailand.

To give you an idea as to my drinking background, I used to drink about 8-10 large bottles of Thai beer (mostly Singha) on a day/evening out and on average I went out twice or three times a week (I rarely drank at home).

Now, I am 99 percent convinced that I have to reduce my intake of alcohol significantly. By the way, I had been sober for 49 days recently. Then, I relapsed and did so badly (I went out and had way too much to drink). So, I have thought of this....'x' is 1 large bottle of Singha beer.

Monday...0x

Tuesday...1x

Wednesday...1x

Thursday...2x

Friday...0x

Saturday....okay....Saturdays are for rewarding myself for having stuck to the schedule till that day. If I don't stick to it (in the meaning that I have overdone my drinking till then) , then there will be NO drinking for me for that Saturday....ok, if I stick to my plan, on Saturday, it will be 4x. And, that will most probably be on my night out (going to a bar and/or club)

Sunday...0x

After I complete a 4-week period successfully, then on my second 4-week period, the schedule will be the same except that on Saturday it will be 5x. Hey, hold on...I am not going to increase my Saturday's intake as time passes :) On my third 4-week period, Saturdays will see 4x again. Then, for the following period, it will be 5x again for Saturday. You get the idea.

I might revise the scheduling as time passes. But I have decided that I will only make minor changes and the changes won't be towards 'more intake'.

And...if I am, say, ill on a day that I am allowed to drink or if for any reason I cannot drink that day, then 'That's too bad' and I won't drink that day...and there won't be any 'making up' for it.

And...if I think that the intake on this schedule is still bad for my health, then I shall minimise the amount in some way in the near future.

How does it sound ? I will let you know how it works out. I know that there will be (understandably) many skeptics. Let me see how it goes...I will report again soon :D

Later,

Jem

Edited by JemJem

sorry jem but it sounds rubbish. but you already know that.

why mess around with complicated programs which are designed just to keep on drinking?

if you have such good control over your drinking then why not mon to sun 0x

then you have something to really reward yourself for.

sorry but i dont intend to be rude

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I use a schedule but it only works together with an exercise plan. I don't drink Monday to Saturday and also get up at 04:30 to run. I know very well that should I lapse with the not drinking bit, getting up and running the next morning will be hel_l. Keeps me on track most of the time.