Get A Thai Driving License And Buy A Car In Your Name With A Tourist Visa, No Problem, You Can Do It In Bkk Also

Get a Thai driving license and buy a car in your name with a tourist visa, no problem, you can do it in Bkk also

Boring to read all the bulls... on this board sometimes...

Hi,

After reading many that it was not possible to get a Thai driving license with a tourist visa in Bkk i tried and of course it worked.

I also read that you need a certificate of residence from immigration, and this is wrong also, any certificate from your embassy saying that you are registered as living in Thailand is enough in Bkk also (no need to go to Pattaya immigration!)

That's all i wanted to say and i hope it will be useful for some on you: don't take the risk to be denied any important claim by insurance company because you are driving a car without having a Thai driving license, just go to Land trasnport office and get one in few hours with your tourist visa !

Thanks for listening.

Get a Thai driving license and buy a car in your name with a tourist visa, no problem, you can do it in Bkk also

Hi,

After reading many that it was not possible to get a Thai driving license with a tourist visa in Bkk i tried and of course it worked.

I also read that you need a certificate of residence from immigration, and this is wrong also, any certificate from your embassy saying that you are registered as living in Thailand is enough in Bkk also (no need to go to Pattaya immigration!)

That's all i wanted to say and i hope it will be useful for some on you: don't take the risk to be denied any important claim by insurance company because you are driving a car without having a Thai driving license, just go to Land trasnport office and get one in few hours with your tourist visa !

Thanks for listening.

Try this all over Thailand and get a miriad of different answers from each department. Something maybe you need to realise?

Hi,

Thanks for listening.

Try this all over Thailand and get a miriad of different answers from each department. Something maybe you need to realise?

Something you might need to realise Yaabaaaaa, is that some people are too arrogant for their own good, a perfect example of this is the OP.

I know that things are different all over Thailand, but how many times I have read that this was not possible in Bangkok !

The purpose is not to be arrogant, it's to help people who might read what is often written here and believe it when it's just...

you come on so arrogant ...

"boring read all the bulls..." = claiming those who reported problem, are lying.

Some FACTS for you:

Letter from Immigration cost only a few houndred baht

Letter from some Embassies cost up to 2.000 baht!

But I guess you prefer the latest option according to your post ....

Letter from Immigration, are in Thai.

Letter from Embassies, are in English, guess which one they prefer?

Some land transport offices issue a new DL withour problem - other dont!

I lived here 10+ years, some years its easy, other years I had big problem too!

Last time, land transportation office wanted me to take the driving test again!!!

I denied - they denied me renewal.

Next day other land transportation office - got a new DL without a new driving test!

Thats my FACTS.

But reading your post, I guess I am just another lier, among many more here who write about their problem about renewal.

People have different experiences when living here, accept that and stop call people "bulls..."

* next time - think about your post before you post it *

(or another better option, send a PM to a moderator, and they can delete your post) :)

This is addressed to the op.

Good post man !!!

There seems to be a lot of folks around who want to make things look much harder than they actually are.

It's actually not that difficult to get what you want done and thanks for pointing it out.

Bon Chance mate !!

I can't quite see the arrogance that others refer to.............................am i missing something ??

Edited by philw

Good post man !!!

There seems to be a lot of folks around who want to make things look much harder than they actually are.

It's actually not that difficult to get what you want done and thanks for pointing it out.

Bon Chance mate !!

I can't quite see the arrogance that others refer to.............................am i missing something ??

The point is, is that sometimes it is easy to get items like a driving licence and at other times the people in charge can be dam_n awkward. It can depend on the day and the person involved. (Do they have a hangover today? No leg over with the mia noi last night? No like Farang today?) Sometimes it seems that way.

Besides, he is French :) and if you do not get that joke ......

So what ?

Your point is what ???

live here 10 minutes and one quickly understand that rules are " variable "

Whats wrong with the being French ??

At least they have better cheese, wine, women and more importantly Rugby then the English...................

Phil

Good post man !!!

Bon Chance mate !!

The point is, is that sometimes it is easy to get items like a driving licence and at other times the people in charge can be dam_n awkward. It can depend on the day and the person involved. (Do they have a hangover today? No leg over with the mia noi last night? No like Farang today?) Sometimes it seems that way.

Hi,

Thanks for listening.

So you went to your Embassy and got a phony residence certificate and then someone at the driving office didn't properly check your visa. Duh, duh, duh.

So what, why not DUH............

Apologies, omitted the triple duh...........

When in Rome and all that.......

Exactly where is the problem with the OP'S comment ???

Phil

So you went to your Embassy and got a phony residence certificate and then someone at the driving office didn't properly check your visa. Duh, duh, duh.

Edited by philw

So what ?

Your point is what ???

live here 10 minutes and one quickly understand that rules are " variable "

Whats wrong with the being French ??

At least they have better cheese, wine, women and more importantly Rugby then the English...................

Phil

Good post man !!!

Bon Chance mate !!

See, I knew you wouldn't get it :D

Where is the problem with OP post ?

1: Heading ="tired to read all the bulls... on this board".

- not very nice to say to all those members who have taken time to write about their problem.

2: Continuing "after reading many that it was not possible to get a thai DL with a tourist visa"

- wrong, many have reported they got DL on tourist visa, many more than those few who say they didn't get it.

3: Continuing claim many said "need a certificate of residence"

- again the OP is wrong, many people have reported than can use / that they did use letter from Embassy.

But why OP recommend use embassy letter, when immigration issue this for a fraction of what some/many embassy want ?

this is the problem.

Edited by Smile4u

Where is the problem with OP post ?

1: Heading ="tired to read all the bulls... on this board".

- not very nice to say to all those members who have taken time to write about their problem.

2: Continuing "after reading many that it was not possible to get a thai DL with a tourist visa"

- wrong, many have reported they got DL on tourist visa, many more than those few who say they didn't get it.

3: Continuing claim many said "need a certificate of residence"

- again the OP is wrong, many people have reported than can use / that they did use letter from Embassy.

But why OP recommend use embassy letter, when immigration issue this for a fraction of what some/many embassy want ?

this is the problem.

My experience was different. They wanted to see the Non-B Visa. I guess that's "bull...." according to the OP.

just go to Land trasnport office and get one in few hours with your tourist visa !

Thanks for listening.

This is precisely whats wrong with the OP's post, a complete lack of detail!, perhaps if he could explain what other factors were involved, then we could perhaps decide who the BS-tter is.

Was he applying for a 1 year or 5 year licence?

Did he require a medical certificate?

Did they accept his French Licence (EU one)

Application forms for licence, as they are all in Thai script

Tests - Brake re-action/Highway code/Colour vision etc.

I found all the information given on Thai Visa really useful when I went to apply for my Thai licence's. Bangkok will be a little different as they are used to dealing with foreigners, however and in our local Licencing office - zero English spoken and everything had to be! translated into Thai.

Thanks to the frenchfarangBKK for sharing. I for one did not know one could get a DL with a tourist visa, and I see nothing wrong with the OP. Sure, there is some detail lacking but I can PM him if I need or just ask. I don't need to go on the offensive as if he has intentionally mis-led everyone.

To the OP: keep sharing and keep discussing, even with all the BULLSHIT that occurs from time to time from others. Believe it or not, there are people here who feel threatened whenever alternative views are presented or when they disagree with you.

My understanding is you can get a Thai driver license with a tourist visa for 1 year, and renew it again but only for 1 year..

To get or renew a 5 year license you must have a yearly Visa/extension/WP ?

Likewise [happened to a friend] if you go to renew your 5 yr license and at that time you have a tourist visa you will only get a 1 year license

As for 'need a certificate of residence'

Immigration need proof of your address and then will send you the certificate.... takes time..... on a tourist visa you are not reporting your address, so often you must supply Immigration with the address of your nearest Police Station so checks can be made.

Embassy letter OK you pay a lot but they need no proof and is ready the next day.