A Little Prick

neverdie

Fellow Aussie,

How did I know one of my brothers would respond in such a way? And you were at the top of the list :)

Aparently its true tho....just a bit of useless information that is related to TV because....mmmmm because I was in Thailand when I typed this :D

Seriously though, hasnt anyone heard of this, i will try to google some more info and drum up some business in this meisly little thread :)

Ok, seriously then. If an LCD monitor there is no radiation in the form of x-rays as there is with a CRT monitor. Even with current CRT monitors/TV sets the shielding pretty much eliminates any radiation (leaded glass for example). There may be some high frequency emissions but again extremely low and not dangerous. More electromagnetic radiation coming out of your AC power lines around the house.

I have about 1 meter of concrete and a few centimeters of iron and lead surrounding our particle accelerator but still have x-rays coming out the roof. Wonder if we just plant a bunch of cacti there would fix the remaining leaks? :D

See, I'm not going mad.

Ok read the mini article. 1980's monitors where not very "clean", but sorry, don't buy it. Possible the cactus gives off a chemical that the workers absorbed that minimized the symptoms, but not absorbing the electromagnetic radiation - doesn't work that way.

Maybe it had something to do with bringing nature or something pleasant into the work place.

I use to have an office with ocean views, it was very lovely.....then management decided I should be moved to another office with a view of a brick wall. Strangely enuf I became very aggitated & annoying and they eventually moved me back to the water view office.

Anyway, I only spent about 5% of the working day in the office, normally with a coffee in my hand watching the boats go past, these days I'm in one of the boats going past :)

My point being perhaps it has something to do with that, but those links suggest differently.

• 2 weeks later...

Well im sold on the cactus plant, be it fact or fiction. Will get myself a mini cactus soon.

Will pass on the tin foil hat however. One outta two preventative measures aint so bad eh :D

:)

I have the cactus and its growing towards the monitor, it might think its the sun :) , dont see much sun in this smelly smoggy, dusty, grimey hole :D , that some call paradise. Ahh the Whitsundays, here I come :D

Bloody hippies ..I dunno LOL :)

I've got 2 ducks to the side and a racoon watching the screen, that helps the mellowness.

Does the cactus help with maxnet connections?? ....if so, please tell the engineers it's a solution... TY.

Love, peace, joy, happiness, and let many rainbows flow through your window/s :D