The "let's Share A Shipping Container" Thread

chiangmaibruce

This idea may or may not be feasible but I thought I would give it a try ...

There are always people coming and going from Chiang Mai with their goods and chattels ... some need to organise transport urgently, but others are in no hurry ... they just want to get some things moved eventually. And often people don't have enough stuff to fill a container.

In my case I have some items of furniture I want to get moved to Queensland, Australia, but no urgency.

If anyone else wants to move their gear in the same direction then maybe they could post here or send me a PM. Thanks. CB

yes i did have a vision of hooking up with someone who wanted to sneak in a tin of pez pellets that weren't really pez pellets, etc. But I am anticipating that the responsibility for dealing with that stuff would rest on the shoulders of the shipping company that was used. I am guessing that although the goods would share a common container the paperwork for the contents would clearly show separate loads with different owners.

I am also assuming that in the normal course of affairs (when people don't have enough to fill a container) then the companies put goods into storage pending finding someone else for the same destination ... and possibly even liaise with other shipping companies to pool goods going to a common destination.

I imagine that someone reading this will be able to shed further light on how the process normally works