Magnapool

stgrhe

I am considering buying a 'MagnaPool' for my new house and wonder whether anyone has already bought a 'MagnaPool' and have experience from using one?

The 'MagnaPool' uses Magnesium Chloride and Potassium Chloride instead of Sodium Chloride (salt) and is said to be much more healthy. However, as the cost of a 'MagnaPool' is so much higher than that of a pool using salt water chlorinator of the same size I am a bit hesitant although the product seems interesting.

In the first place they infer that the old systems are unhealthy which is untrue. Secondly, every year a bunch of "new concepts" come along claiming to be a superior solution. All they do is leave behind a bunch of pools with unsupported systems when they inevitably fade away.

I personally wouldn't gamble on it. There's nothing wrong with salt water or any other chlorination. The day to day care of the the pool is what makes the biggest difference in swimmer health.

Itlooks like a good system but I am guessing the additives will not be cheap, nor is the original cost. In my experience salt water pools are very user friendly & easy to maintain.

The additives are said to be slightly more expensive but the purchase price is about 100,000 more compared to the salt water pool, hence the reason for why I ask for experience from those who already are using the MagnaPool. Guessing I do do myself.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a new system coming soon & I do not know how to describe it suffice to say it is like a saltwater chlorinator except it odes not need salt unless the TDS (total dissolved solids) gets too low i.e. it uses TDS to produce a sanitizer.

There is a new system coming soon & I do not know how to describe it suffice to say it is like a saltwater chlorinator except it odes not need salt unless the TDS (total dissolved solids) gets too low i.e. it uses TDS to produce a sanitizer.

From which company and who is selling it here in Thailand?

What is stopping you from using a more conventional sanitizing system and instead turning to the latest in a long line of theoretical, mostly untested systems?

Nothing I suppose, but that has nothing to do with my question. Before I purchase any major items I always survey the market in order to try to find the most suitable product for my needs. And as I am in the process of buying a swimming pool for my house under construction, I simply want to know more about the MangaPool sanitising system in order to determine whether that is something for me or whether I should stick with the salt water chlorinator.

In the first place they infer that the old systems are unhealthy which is untrue. Secondly, every year a bunch of "new concepts" come along claiming to be a superior solution. All they do is leave behind a bunch of pools with unsupported systems when they inevitably fade away.

I personally wouldn't gamble on it. There's nothing wrong with salt water or any other chlorination. The day to day care of the the pool is what makes the biggest difference in swimmer health.

I personally own two magnapools, one in my home and the other in my vacation home. This mineral pool water is the most natural you can swim in. As a doctor I have to state that you are simply wrong in claiming that there is nothing wrong with chlorination or salt water. If you just simply type into a google search engine the dangers of chlorine, you will see there is over 300,000 references and much information out there on the dangers it causes for your health. Salt water chlorination, still uses chlorine and in some citys in the world it is getting banned from backwashing as it is contributing to salinity in the environment, salt can be very harsh and drying on skin as well.

Magnapool is truley mineral water in your pool and if you know about the health mineral Magnesium chloride it is one of the most powerful transdermal natural minerals from the ocean. This is the science behind Magnapool- not only is the magnesium killing the bacteria in your pool naturally but when absorbed through the skin it relaxes, detoxes, relieves aches and pains and supports over 300 enzyme reactions in your body.

I chose this amazing innovation in water health science for several reasons - firstly I did not want to be swimming around in dangerous chemicals, I prefer minerals (even if they are slightly more exspensive it is superior for your health and well-being), its environmentally friendly, you can backwash the water onto your garden its that natural and I wanted the best water on the market. Hey when you see the list of celebrities that have one (Tiger Woods, Ricky Ponting etc) it tells you the superior quality of this water.

This company has won several international awards for water quality and water savings. I am so passionate about this water as I beleive it will be a standard in a few years among the people that care about their health. If you look on the back of a chlorine bottle there is a scull and cross bones on there, did you know that? Swim around in that for 20 years in your back yard and people wonder why there is an ever growing rate of cancer and disease. I give MagnaPool so much credit for making a change in the industry. This product is so good it deserves to be big.

For the gentleman that is considering buying one, you will not regret it, it will be the best investment you make in your personal home and lifestyle, you will never want to get out of your water, you will not smell of chlorine and you will never even have to shower off after you get out. Let me know your thoughts when you get one. Best Wishes

I personally own two magnapools, one in my home and the other in my vacation home. This mineral pool water is the most natural you can swim in. As a doctor I have to state that you are simply wrong in claiming that there is nothing wrong with chlorination or salt water. If you just simply type into a google search engine the dangers of chlorine, you will see there is over 300,000 references and much information out there on the dangers it causes for your health. Salt water chlorination, still uses chlorine and in some citys in the world it is getting banned from backwashing as it is contributing to salinity in the environment, salt can be very harsh and drying on skin as well.

Magnapool is truley mineral water in your pool and if you know about the health mineral Magnesium chloride it is one of the most powerful transdermal natural minerals from the ocean. This is the science behind Magnapool- not only is the magnesium killing the bacteria in your pool naturally but when absorbed through the skin it relaxes, detoxes, relieves aches and pains and supports over 300 enzyme reactions in your body.

I chose this amazing innovation in water health science for several reasons - firstly I did not want to be swimming around in dangerous chemicals, I prefer minerals (even if they are slightly more exspensive it is superior for your health and well-being), its environmentally friendly, you can backwash the water onto your garden its that natural and I wanted the best water on the market. Hey when you see the list of celebrities that have one (Tiger Woods, Ricky Ponting etc) it tells you the superior quality of this water.

This company has won several international awards for water quality and water savings. I am so passionate about this water as I beleive it will be a standard in a few years among the people that care about their health. If you look on the back of a chlorine bottle there is a scull and cross bones on there, did you know that? Swim around in that for 20 years in your back yard and people wonder why there is an ever growing rate of cancer and disease. I give MagnaPool so much credit for making a change in the industry. This product is so good it deserves to be big.

For the gentleman that is considering buying one, you will not regret it, it will be the best investment you make in your personal home and lifestyle, you will never want to get out of your water, you will not smell of chlorine and you will never even have to shower off after you get out. Let me know your thoughts when you get one. Best Wishes

You're not an agent for the above by any chance are you? If not you should be. You've got me sold. The shull and crossbones bit did it for me and I swim in a chlorinated pool 4 time a day!

Regards Bojo

From which company and who is selling it here in Thailand?

MagnaPool is sold by GDL in Thailand. Call and speak to Chris he knows all about the MagnaPool product.

You're not an agent for the above by any chance are you? If not you should be. You've got me sold. The shull and crossbones bit did it for me and I swim in a chlorinated pool 4 time a day!

Regards Bojo

No I am not, but I am a doctor so thats why I am so passionate about this. I have a family and I dont want my children exposed to dangerous chemicals. Its the chloromines that are dangerous (the toxic gas that you smell when chlorine kills bacteria). There was just a 10 year study published by a University in Illinois that has proven Chloromines cause birth defects and effect DNA. That is scary. There are also numerous health cases coming out in the industry about swim school instructors who have spent 4 hours a day in chlorine pools, many have cervical cancer and other health related and skin problems. Anyway Bojo you can change, I had both my pools converted to magnapools, its quite simple and simply the best investment you will make in your lifestyle.

What is stopping you from using a more conventional sanitizing system and instead turning to the latest in a long line of theoretical, mostly untested systems?

I did my research before buying two magnapools - magnapool did not win a superior German Gold Wave award for nothing. The Germans have some of the most rigid testing in the world, they are leaders in engineering.

If we all settled in the world for "conventional" there would be no "innovation" or invention.

Regards Bojo

No I am not, but I am a doctor so thats why I am so passionate about this. I have a family and I dont want my children exposed to dangerous chemicals. Its the chloromines that are dangerous (the toxic gas that you smell when chlorine kills bacteria). There was just a 10 year study published by a University in Illinois that has proven Chloromines cause birth defects and effect DNA. That is scary. There are also numerous health cases coming out in the industry about swim school instructors who have spent 4 hours a day in chlorine pools, many have cervical cancer and other health related and skin problems. Anyway Bojo you can change, I had both my pools converted to magnapools, its quite simple and simply the best investment you will make in your lifestyle.

I'd love to , only the 25mx 20m communal pool on our estate is chlorine right now. I have been campaigning for a change to salt for nearly 2 years, but it's mostly falling on deaf ears. I'll keep trying but I'm not holding out. I suspect the change to magna would be far too great for the jurisdiction to contemplate.

Thanks for the info.

Regards Bojo

interesting stuff. i just signed a contract to build a salt-water chlorinator pool. Does anyone know how this system compares to magnapool, in relation to health? I am assuming the saltwater chlorination should help a lot to keep the bad chemicals to low levels. what is the cost to change to a magnapool after building a normal pool?

interesting stuff. i just signed a contract to build a salt-water chlorinator pool. Does anyone know how this system compares to magnapool, in relation to health? I am assuming the saltwater chlorination should help a lot to keep the bad chemicals to low levels. what is the cost to change to a magnapool after building a normal pool?

A salt-water chlorinator pool still produces chlorine so in that respect it is not much different to a conventional chlorinator system. The difference is that you do not need to handle the chemicals.

GDL say that the MagnaPool equipment costs about 100,000 baht more than the premium salt-water chlorinator equipment.

Interesting how:

1. All these endorsements show up within a very short time in a forum that averages about one post every two days.

2. It reads like marketing.

You can claim to be anything on the internet. I could be a doctor, lawyer, or octopus breeder, it's only text.

So far as I know, Ricky Ponting and Tiger Woods aren't pool experts.

Yes, in pure form chlorine IS poisonous.... so are the minerals Magnapool uses when in the same concentration. At 2ppm chlorine is almost non-existent.

Here is some information from the material safety data sheets for the minerals used in Magnapools:

"Keep away from heat and ignition sources. Harmful if swallowed. Avoid breathing vapors. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothes. Wash thoroughly after handling.

Inhalation of dust may irritate respiratory tract and may cause coughing, chest pain, and fever. Ingestion may cause stomach pain and diarrhea. Particles imbedded in the skin may cause eruptions. Molten magnesium may cause serious burns. Conditions aggravated/target organs: Persons with pre-existing eye, skin, or respiratory conditions may be more susceptible."

http://www.sciencelab.com/xMSDS-Magnesium-9924535

Potential Acute Health Effects:

Very hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation. Hazardous in

case of skin contact (corrosive), of eye contact (corrosive). The amount of tissue damage depends on length of

contact. Eye contact can result in corneal damage or blindness. Skin contact can produce inflammation and

blistering. Inhalation of dust will produce irritation to gastro-intestinal or respiratory tract, characterized by burning,

sneezing and coughing. Severe over-exposure can produce lung damage, choking, unconsciousness or death.

Inflammation of the eye is characterized by redness, watering, and itching. Skin inflammation is characterized by

itching, scaling, reddening, or, occasionally, blistering.

http://www.sciencelab.com/xMSDS-Potassium-9926661

:)

Oh, and in fairness, here's the one for liquid chlorine.

http://www.sciencelab.com/xMSDS-Sodium_Hyp...ite_12_-9925001

So you see "Doctor", anyone can take a chemical and scare people by twisting the information regarding it, as you do with chlorine. But if it helps you sell expensive fringe products then I guess you probably judge it to be worthwhile.

I can't say if a Magnapool is a good thing or not, and I'm certainly not against innovation, but I'm extremely sceptical of anything that uses fear as a marketing ploy. If they exaggerate about that, what else are they misleading you about?

Edited by cdnvic

hey guys, I AM Chris from GDL Poolshop if anyone would like anymore info regarding the magna pool please feel free to call me or email my number is 0892 555 519,

Magan Pools are not just another system for the swimming pool it is a investment in your health beauty and the enviroment, if you go direct to the magna pool website or google health benifits of magnesium you find lots of info on this, people have been traveling to natural springs for years to get the full benifits of mineral water for there body.

Cheers Chris

hey guys, I AM Chris from GDL Poolshop if anyone would like anymore info regarding the magna pool please feel free to call me or email my number is 0892 555 519,

Magan Pools are not just another system for the swimming pool it is a investment in your health beauty and the enviroment, if you go direct to the magna pool website or google health benifits of magnesium you find lots of info on this, people have been traveling to natural springs for years to get the full benifits of mineral water for there body.

Cheers Chris

Chris, I started this thread in order to inquiry whether any other forum member had experience from actually having bought a MagnaPool. I have visited you shop in HH together with the developer for the house that currently is being built for me, and I do seriously consider going for the MagnaPool. However, I am missing technical information of the system and regrettably there was none in your shop nor have I been able to find any technical information on the web. Can you please provide me with any?

A salt-water chlorinator pool still produces chlorine so in that respect it is not much different to a conventional chlorinator system. The difference is that you do not need to handle the chemicals.

GDL say that the MagnaPool equipment costs about 100,000 baht more than the premium salt-water chlorinator equipment.

By law all pools have to have a residual amount of chlorine in the water in both public and domestic pools. Yes a salt-water chlorinator produces chlorine off the Sodium Chloride. A residual amount of natural chlorine is made from Magnesium Chloride once it passes through the generator on a MagnaPool as well. The difference with a MagnaPool is that the magnesium minerals are doing 95% of the work killing bacteria and clarifying the pool (magnesium chloride is a natural antiseptic) and the small amout of natural chlorine is there as back up.

When chlorine is not relied on to kill bacteria in water, there is no smell of "chloramines" that smell of chlorine gases so many people can relate to. There is also a difference between natural chlorine (we have it in our bodies) and chemical synthetic chlorine, the kind you find in a pool shop. Its when liquid synthetic chemicals like chlorine and other santisers are dosed into pools there becomes a danger (just ponder that thought, it only makes sense).

If your looking to compare all three, salt pools, chlorine pools and mineral pools, the main point of difference is that mineral water has mineral properties therefor the water is more theraputic for your health to swim and bathe in. People have been going to natural mineral waters all over the world for centuries,to heal dermatitis and cure health problems and now you can have this same experience in your backyard with theraputic water MagnaPool offers. All three have a purpose and a place in the market, its just up to the end user to decide whats best for them.

We now have a lot more tech info on the magna system, i have just been to Aus to do some tech training over there so we can offer more direct info, if you send a email to me i can send you some info or feel free to come to our office, at the end of next week you will be able to swimm in our show pool which will have the minerals in so you can feel the benifits of the mineral water.

Chris

We now have a lot more tech info on the magna system, i have just been to Aus to do some tech training over there so we can offer more direct info, if you send a email to me i can send you some info or feel free to come to our office, at the end of next week you will be able to swimm in our show pool which will have the minerals in so you can feel the benifits of the mineral water.

Chris

Noted!

• 4 months later...

If it's health you are worried about, not a single health department I know of will allow magnapool for commercial use. Their fear based marketing does catch the odd customer though. Too bad the science doesn't support their claims.

• 1 month later...
If it's health you are worried about, not a single health department I know of will allow magnapool for commercial use. Their fear based marketing does catch the odd customer though. Too bad the science doesn't support their claims.

Their website lists a municipal pool in Queensland using their system.

• Like 1