• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 36

60 Minutes blasted after replacing harris word salad…

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 45

Reasons of change

5. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

6. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 45

Reasons of change

9. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

10. 45

Reasons of change

11. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

12. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

13. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Ttt Maxnet Today

KhunDave

This is kind of a cross-post to one I made in Thailand News Clippings earlier, hope that's not a rule-breaker, but it's also Chiang Mai specific so I thought it would be of interest to local readers.

When I went to pay my bill today I found the doors of the Maxnet shop closed and signs plastered all over the windows (in Thai only) saying roughly "we are not accepting any more payments here, you must go to Siam Commercial Bank or Krung Thai Bank". This looks like they are in trouble to me. Does anyone know anything more?

This is kind of a cross-post to one I made in Thailand News Clippings earlier, hope that's not a rule-breaker, but it's also Chiang Mai specific so I thought it would be of interest to local readers.

When I went to pay my bill today I found the doors of the Maxnet shop closed and signs plastered all over the windows (in Thai only) saying roughly "we are not accepting any more payments here, you must go to Siam Commercial Bank or Krung Thai Bank". This looks like they are in trouble to me. Does anyone know anything more?

hhhm interesting, TT&T have been losing $ for years, and will be under rehabilitation SET News

They are also taking payments via 7-11. I paid that way June 10th and my HR department called them today to confirm that is acceptable means of payment.

-Mestizo

So that was what the 100 Baht was about on the flyer with my bill. I dont read Thai, but could understand the money bit. Down in Pattaya, as well as SCB and KTB, we can use Tesco-Loyus.

If 7-11 are OK, will use them instead. I used SCB and the poor girl had to tear and fold the bill several times to feed it into her receipt printer, as the bill payment is split into 2 seperate charges. Took her about 5 minutes. This increased the queue to the counter :)

I tried to pay my bill at TT&T in Panthip Plaza. They told me their system was being upgraded and they could not process the payment. The only place to pay was in San Sai (?), Airport plaza was also not possible. However, it was OK if I payed next month.....

In my most recent bill there was a flier offering a discount if I paid for three months in advance. I think not. :)

No, it wasn't offering a discount if you paid 3 months in advance it was saying that, if you pay the following 3 bills at Siam Comm. Bank or BKK Bank you will get a 100 baht rebate at the end of the 3 months paid--at least that is what was explained to me when I presented my TT&T Maxnet bill and the note accompanying it to my Siam Comm. Bank in Chiang Mai--the manager there may have been misinformed but I somehow doubt it.

In my most recent bill there was a flier offering a discount if I paid for three months in advance. I think not. :)

No, it wasn't offering a discount if you paid 3 months in advance it was saying that, if you pay the following 3 bills at Siam Comm. Bank or BKK Bank you will get a 100 baht rebate at the end of the 3 months paid--at least that is what was explained to me when I presented my TT&T Maxnet bill and the note accompanying it to my Siam Comm. Bank in Chiang Mai--the manager there may have been misinformed but I somehow doubt it.

Maybe I misread it. Funny, I tried to pay that bill at Bangkok Bank like I usually do, and they told me I had to pay at Siam Commercial!

Maybe I misread it. Funny, I tried to pay that bill at Bangkok Bank like I usually do, and they told me I had to pay at Siam Commercial!

I, too, could be wrong about BKK Bank--I definitely was in Siam Comm. Bank and that's what their manager said--I only thought that other bank was BKK Bank on the said flier--must have been another bank--sorry for misinformation.

Mind you TIT--where one hand never knows what t'other is doing.

we had the engineer round again today as the connection was terrible, he told the wife that she should look at another service provider, wouldn't give any more info that that. Maybe its over for Maxnet????

ENGINEER ??? How very kind you are....

Just thank your lucky stars you don't have TOT.

I upgraded on the 29th of June from 1.5 Mb to 3 Mb.The problems started on the 30th and after calling TOT 1100, 1177 repair, and the Tung Hotel office, at least a total of 25 times until yesterday, I have yet to see an ENGINEER. The pat answer seems to be "we have forwarded to the tech. and he will call you and come out to see you today ,,,,,, confirmed" ....

Until yesterday, I didn't even get a telephone call much less see an engineer/tech.... yesterday something called and said he would be out to see me "today".

That was of course yesterday, and of course no one came by

Any so called service function here in Thailand is just a joke. TT7T, TOT, UBC/LIES, they're all the same. They lie right to your face and then don't even feeel bad about it, and will tell you the same thing tomorrow.

When I can connect, which most of the time I cannot , I constantly get speeds under 300, not 3000 of 3 Mb.

Pure garbage and almost impossible to get corrected..... well time for my call to TOT

If I didn't think I would anger the gods, I would say Geoffrey them...

Edited by Gonzo the Face

This post is interesting. I live in Khon Kaen so I hope it is not out of order to comment as it may been of interest and salient assuming TT&T Maxnet bill paying procedures are universally identical in Thailand ( maybe a big assumption :D )

I am totally confused with TT&T and &-Eleven payments

My wife and I have paid via 7-Eleven for 2 years and NO problems until June.

My wife was told they could not process the June payment fully as TT&T have switched from one bar code on they bill to two representing two amounts (1107.99 Baht and 58.31Baht) totalling the normal cost. 7-Eleven said they could only process one amount on one reference.

So my wife paid one part (58.31Baht).

Unfortunate because if I had been there i would not have made a part payment as i would have suspected future problems - but my wife was not to know)

3 days later we got a second bill for the same period but with a different reference from TT&T together with a note in Thai. My wife said it said something had been wrong with the first. This bill had the same TWO bar codes as the first.

So we went into 7-Eleven and used it to pay the OTHER bar code. This worked. Problem solved I thought - SILLY ME!!! :D

We then went next door to the TT&T office to make sure their computer would pick up the two separate payments.

We were told the two bar code split was new and for increased customer security

(YES SURE!!!! ) and that we can no longer pay at 7-Eleven as they cannot process two bar codes with the same reference. The TT&T lady told us to get a refund of the payment we had JUST made for &-Eleven and I said why as it had processed through OK.

I was told "If you do not then TT&T will not be responsible for any problems".

We were also told that with our last bill they told us this. This was UNTRUE as there was NO additional info with the normal bill.

I went back and got the refund and then went to their office to pay the amount again. You cannot pay as our records show you up to date. You pay next month the normal amount.

I said I am NOT up to date and that I have just got a refund and I suspect the 7-Eleven refund has not gone immediately through to the TT&T computer yet whereas the payment probably had been immediate (which meant the refund was unnecessary as I thought)

The lady kept telling me I was up to date and to pay the normal amount a month later. I said If I do that TT&T will be owed about 1107.99 Baht and will chase me.

There was no way I could get this lady or the other two staff to see I was correct even though I proved it with the receipts and bill I held.

I do not wish to be disrespectful but I think TT&T office staff are poorly trained and would say blue was red if their computer told them that. They seem incapable of any thought process if different to what they expect. (I base this on other visits over the last few years).

I said well I will pay the amount I say I owe anyway as I am sure the TT&T computer will catch up and show us as up to date in a few days. No you cannot do that as you are already up to date. You just pay normal price next month"

AAHHHGGGGGG!!!!!.

I could not believe it I had shown them April, May and the troublesome June bills and al the payments and 1 refund made via 7-Eleven. The proof I owed 1107.99 Baht was 100% irrefutable and obvious (but not to them :) )

My wife caught in the middle (as translator) turned on me for not agreeing with the staff who must know better than I (even though she knows I am very rarely incorrect when I speak with certainty (if usure I always say so).

We left the TT&T office but I was not happy with the stupidity but had been polite throughout.

I said to my wife. "We will go back 4 days time and I am telling you their computer records will then say I owe that 1107.99 Baht they refuse to let me pay".

2 days later we got a phone call from the TT&T lady saying we can come in now and pay the 1107.99 Baht as it on the computer records as owing.

Clearly I must have got through to her in the end (when we visited 2 days before) with my reasoning BUT "Thai face" must intervened and all the staff played dumb whilst suspecting I may have know what i was talking about. This has to be the case because why would she check 2 days later if convinced I was wrong and fully paid up.

We made an other visit within the hour and paid

Of course no "Sorry you were correct."

This month's (July) bill has just arrived (again with two bar codes for 1107.99 Baht and 58.31Baht.

This time I will pay it all at the TT&T office as i have no idea if 7-Eleven have changed their programs to accept two bar code payments on one reference.

I was interested to read Mestizo's thread

"They are also taking payments via 7-11. I paid that way June 10th and my HR department called them today to confirm that is acceptable means of payment.

-Mestizo"

because advice and experiences is completely different to me (we tried paying 24th June ourselves so maybe different months?).

May I ask Mestizo whether your TT&T Maxnet bill has shows 2 amounts and 2 bar codes at the bottom of your Bill. If it does not then maybe there are different billing procedures for different plans (mine is Maxnet Premier)

At the end of the day there does seem to be something strange going on at TT&T.

Regards

Dave

Edited by gdhm

I had the same experience a week ago. They've been having lots of issues. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Maxnet-Lates...sw-t277836.html

I see there is a "new???" ISP advertising 10MB on tv. I realize that's only guaranteed in Thailand, but my wife says it's offered through TTT and it's not called Maxnet. Are they changing their name or something? What's the story on that?

This post is interesting. I live in Khon Kaen so I hope it is not out of order to comment as it may been of interest and salient assuming TT&T Maxnet bill paying procedures are universally identical in Thailand ( maybe a big assumption :D )

I am totally confused with TT&T and &-Eleven payments

My wife and I have paid via 7-Eleven for 2 years and NO problems until June.

My wife was told they could not process the June payment fully as TT&T have switched from one bar code on they bill to two representing two amounts (1107.99 Baht and 58.31Baht) totalling the normal cost. 7-Eleven said they could only process one amount on one reference.

So my wife paid one part (58.31Baht).

Unfortunate because if I had been there i would not have made a part payment as i would have suspected future problems - but my wife was not to know)

3 days later we got a second bill for the same period but with a different reference from TT&T together with a note in Thai. My wife said it said something had been wrong with the first. This bill had the same TWO bar codes as the first.

So we went into 7-Eleven and used it to pay the OTHER bar code. This worked. Problem solved I thought - SILLY ME!!! :D

We then went next door to the TT&T office to make sure their computer would pick up the two separate payments.

We were told the two bar code split was new and for increased customer security

(YES SURE!!!! ) and that we can no longer pay at 7-Eleven as they cannot process two bar codes with the same reference. The TT&T lady told us to get a refund of the payment we had JUST made for &-Eleven and I said why as it had processed through OK.

I was told "If you do not then TT&T will not be responsible for any problems".

We were also told that with our last bill they told us this. This was UNTRUE as there was NO additional info with the normal bill.

I went back and got the refund and then went to their office to pay the amount again. You cannot pay as our records show you up to date. You pay next month the normal amount.

I said I am NOT up to date and that I have just got a refund and I suspect the 7-Eleven refund has not gone immediately through to the TT&T computer yet whereas the payment probably had been immediate (which meant the refund was unnecessary as I thought)

The lady kept telling me I was up to date and to pay the normal amount a month later. I said If I do that TT&T will be owed about 1107.99 Baht and will chase me.

There was no way I could get this lady or the other two staff to see I was correct even though I proved it with the receipts and bill I held.

I do not wish to be disrespectful but I think TT&T office staff are poorly trained and would say blue was red if their computer told them that. They seem incapable of any thought process if different to what they expect. (I base this on other visits over the last few years).

I said well I will pay the amount I say I owe anyway as I am sure the TT&T computer will catch up and show us as up to date in a few days. No you cannot do that as you are already up to date. You just pay normal price next month"

AAHHHGGGGGG!!!!!.

I could not believe it I had shown them April, May and the troublesome June bills and al the payments and 1 refund made via 7-Eleven. The proof I owed 1107.99 Baht was 100% irrefutable and obvious (but not to them :) )

My wife caught in the middle (as translator) turned on me for not agreeing with the staff who must know better than I (even though she knows I am very rarely incorrect when I speak with certainty (if usure I always say so).

We left the TT&T office but I was not happy with the stupidity but had been polite throughout.

I said to my wife. "We will go back 4 days time and I am telling you their computer records will then say I owe that 1107.99 Baht they refuse to let me pay".

2 days later we got a phone call from the TT&T lady saying we can come in now and pay the 1107.99 Baht as it on the computer records as owing.

Clearly I must have got through to her in the end (when we visited 2 days before) with my reasoning BUT "Thai face" must intervened and all the staff played dumb whilst suspecting I may have know what i was talking about. This has to be the case because why would she check 2 days later if convinced I was wrong and fully paid up.

We made an other visit within the hour and paid

Of course no "Sorry you were correct."

This month's (July) bill has just arrived (again with two bar codes for 1107.99 Baht and 58.31Baht.

This time I will pay it all at the TT&T office as i have no idea if 7-Eleven have changed their programs to accept two bar code payments on one reference.

I was interested to read Mestizo's thread

"They are also taking payments via 7-11. I paid that way June 10th and my HR department called them today to confirm that is acceptable means of payment.

-Mestizo"

because advice and experiences is completely different to me (we tried paying 24th June ourselves so maybe different months?).

May I ask Mestizo whether your TT&T Maxnet bill has shows 2 amounts and 2 bar codes at the bottom of your Bill. If it does not then maybe there are different billing procedures for different plans (mine is Maxnet Premier)

At the end of the day there does seem to be something strange going on at TT&T.

Regards

Dave

yes, interesting indeed. Dave, pity you didnt ask for a company letter stating you were fully paid up to date, with no outstanding amount owing at all. :D

I would imagine the company is going through the wringer at the moment, with Jasmine talking of a takeover (who knows, with store closures and perhaps job cuts) and the frontline staff are being blamed for issues outside of their control, dam_n computers!

kinda reminds me of a cartoon, in which it shows a customer standing at the counter pointing at a product on the shelf behind the salesman, and the salesman is looking down at his computer and replying "sorry sir, the computer tells me we dont have it in stock :D

DonnyBoy love the joke in the last para of #14 :):D

UPDATE to post #12:

WELL, WELL WELL :D

My wife and I have just come back from the TT&T office having gone to pay THIS month's bill.

We went to the cashier and were told:

"You must go to 7-Eleven and pay there. There is one next door. There is no admin fee"

My wife said "but last month this office said we were told that in future we no longer can pay via 7-Eleven and must come to this office"

Cashier said: "Oh they have updated their programs now so they can process 2 bar codes under one reference. So you go there and pay"

What a surprise NOT.

True story I suspect is:

Last month TT&T changed to 2 bar codes and failed to give 7-Eleven time to adjust (or perhaps never told them.

Office then gave us a load of rubbish last month as to reasons and future payment methods.

NOW that 7-Eleven have adjusted their programs everything is back to normal.

Just goes to show that my TT&T office staff know nothing and guesses at will as if informed. I do not blame them if they have not been properly informed by their head office but they should not bullshit customers based on guesswork

Anyway I paid at 7-Eleven as before and all was OK.

No need to visit TT&T in future - HOORAY!!!! :D

This Is TT&T :D

Edited by gdhm

I had the same experience a week ago. They've been having lots of issues. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Maxnet-Lates...sw-t277836.html

I see there is a "new???" ISP advertising 10MB on tv. I realize that's only guaranteed in Thailand, but my wife says it's offered through TTT and it's not called Maxnet. Are they changing their name or something? What's the story on that?

It's now called 3B Broadband or something like that. We were at the office a few days ago; new logos, signs, etc.

So I got TTT installed about 2 weeks ago, I got the 3Mb Indy package and it has been absolute crap from day one. Very good speeds within Thailand but extremely poor speeds outside of Thailand.

So today, I went to TTT in Pantip to complain. The guy behind the counter said, "Yes, that is normal, the Indy package will only give you high speeds within Thailand. If you want high speeds outside of Thailand, you have to upgrade to the Premium (1,100 baht/month).

I was furious! I felt like I had been scammed. When you order this service they sure don't tell you to that you can basically only surf websites in Thailand. He was really pushing for me to upgrade to the Premium (double the cost). Is this their MO? Get you to sign the 1 year contract, then you realize you have a shit service, and then force you to upgrade or cancel (which costs 6,000 baht to break the contract).

I have had TOT 3 times previous to this and for the same price as the Indy package (590 baht), the speeds were excellent regardless of where the servers were located.

He told me to call 1103 and report the problem. So my Thai friend did and they said they would fix it. If it is not fixed, I am not going to pay the bills and I am not going to cancel. They will not be able to collect anymore money from me other than what I paid for installation. I will then get TOT installed. What can TTT do to me if I don't pay the bill? Nothing!

So that's my plan. Either they fix it and give me what I'm paying for (high speed everywhere) or they will not get anymore money out of me AND I will keep their modem they gave me for free upon installation. It's not like we have a credit score system like they do in America where companies can report unpaid bills. So I see no downside to stiffing them on the bill if they stiff me on the service. Som na na.

So I got TTT installed about 2 weeks ago, I got the 3Mb Indy package and it has been absolute crap from day one. Very good speeds within Thailand but extremely poor speeds outside of Thailand.

So today, I went to TTT in Pantip to complain. The guy behind the counter said, "Yes, that is normal, the Indy package will only give you high speeds within Thailand. If you want high speeds outside of Thailand, you have to upgrade to the Premium (1,100 baht/month).

I was furious! I felt like I had been scammed. When you order this service they sure don't tell you to that you can basically only surf websites in Thailand. He was really pushing for me to upgrade to the Premium (double the cost). Is this their MO? Get you to sign the 1 year contract, then you realize you have a shit service, and then force you to upgrade or cancel (which costs 6,000 baht to break the contract).

I have had TOT 3 times previous to this and for the same price as the Indy package (590 baht), the speeds were excellent regardless of where the servers were located.

He told me to call 1103 and report the problem. So my Thai friend did and they said they would fix it. If it is not fixed, I am not going to pay the bills and I am not going to cancel. They will not be able to collect anymore money from me other than what I paid for installation. I will then get TOT installed. What can TTT do to me if I don't pay the bill? Nothing!

So that's my plan. Either they fix it and give me what I'm paying for (high speed everywhere) or they will not get anymore money out of me AND I will keep their modem they gave me for free upon installation. It's not like we have a credit score system like they do in America where companies can report unpaid bills. So I see no downside to stiffing them on the bill if they stiff me on the service. Som na na.

Very poor plan and attitude if you ask me. Always pay your bills. They will not "fix" it. There is nothing to fix. It is what it is... We all have the same problem but "stiffing them" is not the right thing to do. You are a guest in their country.

I am getting confused by this thread. Is the Maxnet shop still closed, or now open and accepting payments?

Iain

Two wrongs don't make a right.

In any case TT&T are not wrong. Their brochure says that the premium package will give your higher international speeds while the Indie package gives you high speeds for sites served from domestic servers only. Then there also the usual small print that tells you all bets are off if there are too many people online at once. Mrs. T goes through these things with a fine tooth comb and explains it to me. The important part about the difference between the Premium and Indy packages was in English (I think) but in any case in large and clear print.

I'm using the premium package and was very a happy for a long time, but recently there's been a slow down.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

In any case TT&T are not wrong. Their brochure says that the premium package will give your higher international speeds while the Indie package gives you high speeds for sites served from domestic servers only. Then there also the usual small print that tells you all bets are off if there are too many people online at once. Mrs. T goes through these things with a fine tooth comb and explains it to me. The important part about the difference between the Premium and Indy packages was in English (I think) but in any case in large and clear print.

I'm using the premium package and was very a happy for a long time, but recently there's been a slow down.

I know its printed on the brouchure, but theres huge billboards with Maxnet 3MB for 590Bt/mth

with a speedo going full tilt...trying to give the impression thats its the fastest thing out :)

gotta love marketing :D

I am using Premier and I am quite happy (but yes, recently the international speed has gone downhill after they announced the speed upgrade and the new 10Mbps promotion).

About the bill payment, TT&T is now being broken up into many little companies (they have gone bankrupted and surely the debt owners are not happy). Maxnet is being renamed into either triple T or 3BB. Gotta see how it goes.

It's too bad that you have signed the contract without looking into it. It says that this has certain limitation on international connections. (Even on their websites they have it on, it reads BEST FOR DOMESTIC BROWSING). If you refuse to pay the bill, then you will only find more problem. That surely isn't the way of solving the problem. You should try talking to them and suggest them shortening your contract term because this is not what you expected.

• 1 month later...
I am using Premier and I am quite happy (but yes, recently the international speed has gone downhill after they announced the speed upgrade and the new 10Mbps promotion).

About the bill payment, TT&T is now being broken up into many little companies (they have gone bankrupted and surely the debt owners are not happy). Maxnet is being renamed into either triple T or 3BB. Gotta see how it goes.

latest news re TT&T, big show down looming. I only hope that the poor customers dont get cut off any time soon :)

Jasmine orders TT&T to cede control of Maxnet after ruling

Jasmine International Plc has given TT&T Plc an ultimatum to stop operating a broadband internet service through an affiliate, claiming the business unit is majority owned by Jasmine.

The parent of the provincial fixed-line telephone and internet provider said it was asserting its right to take over Triple T Broadband, based on the fact that it owns a 91% stake in the internet provider.

The assertion came in a letter to TT&T after the Central Bankruptcy Court approved the appointment of P Planner to prepare the debt rehabilitation plan for TT&T, according to a TT&T shareholder.

The executive said TT&T had threatened to cancel broadband bill payment services at its nationwide customer service centres for Triple T if Jasmine takes over the business. In addition, TT&T threatened to sue Jasmine if the latter cuts off its copper cable or optical-fibre network without permission.

continued here

bangkokpostBusiness.jpg

My fear is that the mess at TT&T, Maxnet, 3T or whatever it is they are calling themselves today, is contributing to or part of a much larger problem with the internet telecoms business in Thailand.  

Rumours of pullout, takeover, merger, bankrupcy sell off by Jasimine have been circulating for weeks and diversion of bill payments sounds like creditors having secured access to revenue  as part of a bankruptcy procedure. The total lack of any communication with customers merely heightens speculation and uncertainty but, of course, we the customers as always count for nothing.

Other rumours about TOT owing TT&T but deliberately not paying to force them into bankruptcy and vice versa and TOT owing CAT and CAT owing its external provider leading to throttling the Thai system, are also rife.

Whatever is behind it all and we will probably never know the truth, there will be more layers than an onion as always in Thailand and some Big Whig's personal financial interest will be taking priority over both the public and national interest.

In the meantime the Internet grinds to a halt and teeters on the brink of total collapse, an with it  those businesses which depend on it but mai pen rai, let's just have another dish of som tham.