England Win 2nd Ashes Test

England have just bowled Australia out for 406, thereby winning the 2nd Test by 115 runs. Flintoff took 5 wickets (for the first time) and it's the first time England have beaten Aus at Lords since 1934.

About time, too!

(So now we'll just lose 3-1, I suppose).

Hi Folks,

What shocked me was 6 batsmen where bowled out :)

Hughes c Strauss b Flintoff 17

Katich c Pietersen b Flintoff 6

Ponting b Broad 38

Hussey c Collingwood b Swann 27

Clarke b Swann 136

North b Swann 6

Haddin c Collingwood b Flintoff 80

Johnson b Swann 63

Hauritz b Flintoff 1

Siddle b Flintoff 7

Hilfenhaus not out 4

Extras 8nb 5b 8lb 21

And from the BBC

From anonymous, text 81111: "Sat on a beach in Cornwall. All the Dads have stopped what they are doing. Is this more significant than what Neil Armstrong did 40 years ago today?"

Yes it is 'and it's the first time England have beaten Aus at Lords since 1934.' :D

Watched the last wicket to fall on me lap-top in Bangkok. :D A few 'Pop-Up', but still nice to watch. Bookmarked it for the next test.

Yours truly,

Kan Win

P.S.

(So now we'll just lose 3-1, I suppose).

Sure, you are the 'sadman' then if that happens :D

:):D:D

:D:D:D

Great result, and some excellent performaces from a number of players. Flintoff was exceptional considering that he is carryin an injury. Good team effort, but still a lot more hard work to do, and Englands batting still concerns, Bopara at present not looking like a test number 3 at the highest level, and of course Pietersen hasn't fired yet, and is also carrying an injury. Will enjoy this, but have to admit that there were a couple of shocking umpiring decisions yesterday.

Should be an interesting series now, an that draw last week was as good as a win in terms of confidence.

Still should mention that Clarke played a great innings. :D

I don't generally watch cricket; barely understand it, actually, but the Ashes is something special. There is something great about it, a bit like the FA Cup or the 6 Nations - an atmosphere that makes the contest more important than any other.

I look forward to the next Test, especially as I shall be back in Phuket to watch it.

The fact that the games can turn on one wicket,catch......some of the batting is first class.....and you really cannot know what to expect next, makes these games essential viewing.....I think England can go on and win the series from here.....why?.......well once you get your nose in front a draw is as good as a win for every game that you are in that position.....so you can always aim to bat long and carefully......so if we create good batting pitches/wickets!!!!

Edited by 473geo