Motorcycle With Sidecar.

I guess the gogo II low price has something to do how many Bikes Stallion took from Tiger ( i believe p-bike has somewhat the same pricing on the gogo II , but then they charge 55500 thb for the retro w/sidecar and normal price is 49300thb). Maybe there are other hidden charges, i don't know more on this . As per Tiger Motors the Retail Price for the gogoII is 12900,- THB and the retail price on retro w/sidecar is 49300,- Thb those prices can all be found on the bikes listed here: http://www.tigersachsclub.com/tproducts.html and here ( e-bikes) : http://www.tigersachsclub.com/tigerebikes.html

and all tiger & sachs Bikes prices can also be found on the order forms "drop-down list" here: http://www.tigersachsclub.com/tigersachsshop.html

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

I only know that you can pay for the Stalion GoGo at BigC with credit card, so they have enough margin to get the 5% for credit card charges. And no extra (hidden) cost, as simple a buying a pack of cornflakes.

I'm really considering one, as my old electric scooter has given-up again, and this time its likely not worth the new batteries.

post-12170-049434800 1280287474_thumb.jp

Edited by Richard-BKK

Maybe the stallion gogo II comes without battery , warranty, service...as said before i didn't really look into it, and seeing that the gogo II aint exactly a hot Seller i am not really chasing Tiger Motors as why the price...they must have a reason for this and may have made some deal with stallion too...if you find some bike that is identical( and providing all the same service & warranty) cheaper elsewhere than you shall buy it for the lower price...no hard feelings.

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

• 8 months later...

When had the law been changed ?

"There is no Thai law that allows a motorcycle with a sidecar to be legally registered. This means they cannot be legitimately insured.

Therefore, all motorcycles with sidecars are illegal. Motorcycles are the only two-wheel vehicles that may be legally registered and be legitimately insured.”

Monday, April 23, 2001 "Somjit Boonchaoy, Phuket Provincial Transportation Office. "

As he state, can no motorbike be insured with a sidecar, and therefore it can not be registered.

There is no Thai law that allows a motorcycle with a sidecar to be legally registered. This means they cannot be legitimately insured.

Therefore, all motorcycles with sidecars are illegal. Motorcycles are the only two-wheel vehicles that may be legally registered and be legitimately insured.”

Monday, April 23, 2001 Somjit Boonchaoy, Phuket Provincial Transportation Office.

There is no Thai law that allows a motorcycle with a sidecar to be legally registered. This means they cannot be legitimately insured.

Therefore, all motorcycles with sidecars are illegal. Motorcycles are the only two-wheel vehicles that may be legally registered and be legitimately insured."

Monday, April 23, 2001 Somjit Boonchaoy, Phuket Provincial Transportation Office.

Motorbikes with sidecar can legally be registered and insured ...but first the Manufacturer will have to apply for this Bike with sidecar at DLT ( and get homolegislated), Tiger Motors has done that and the Tiger Retro with sidecar has been legally available since 1,5 years and the stallion with sidecar i believe even longer.

Most vendor bikes with sidecar are illegal though as the sidecars are later added, nor applied for at DLT. Imported Bikes, not sure if possible at all to have a legal , but even if it would be possible i don't think many manufacturer would be bothered to apply for their rigs to be legally sold here...unless they could sell a lot of them.

mbox