News Site Linking..

LivinLOS

You may remember I was trying to get some clarity on links before..

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Url-s-t202261.html

Seems we cant.. Or we must.. Or it depends..

But one thing I thought was clear ?? When we posted a news story we were to link back to it, to provide proof of the news story and not a rumour ?? This was what I understood.

So now I posted a snippet of a news story, in a totally related thread, on the same subject.. And linked back to its news source.

And then a mod deletes the post totally as I am told I cannot link to Phuketwan news site..

Is this all news sites ??

Is this just phuketwans site ??

Is it the link ??

Is just the article without link OK ??

Please can someone clarify what links can and cannot be posted ?? This has been ongoing for months like this with no clarity or sense.

Are you sure they have asked that ?? Or asked for copy and paste articles to be removed.

If they have asked for that they are dumber than a bag of rocks, inbound links are the lifeblood of a site and SEO ranking.. So I find it hard to understand.

It is just Phuketwan, who have informed us that they will not allow any linking to their site.

Thank you 'LivinLOS' and 'Mario2008' for your posts. :)

Was going to post something last week about the Kuwait lady that went to Phi Phi and........................ never mind :D RIP

Yours truly,

Kan Win

Edited by Kan Win

It is just Phuketwan, who have informed us that they will not allow any linking to their site.

Hmmmmm ...wonder if ThaiVisa would be so amenable to anyone requesting the same. Or is Phuketwan some kind of Global Police Force/Law Enforcement Agency that has UN blessing and is above the law pretty much everywhere in the world?

Not allowed to link to them? My anus.

This message will self-destruct in ... five ... four ... three ... two ... one

As I suspected Alan has confirmed..

Phuketwan is happy to be posted in Thai Visa and has told them so. But we'd prefer to have a couple of paragraphs there, with a link, rather than see an entire report ''borrowed'' and posted.
I've checked through my correspondence with TV and I've been consistent in saying that a couple of paragraphs and a link is fine, borrowing an entire story is not.

I havnt posted the communication in its entirety for reasons I suspect are obvious.

So how does that fit with

It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright. However, when a publication complains abut this limited use the only correct thing to do is to stop it, and this practice is followed by ThaiVisa also with regard to phuketwan.

I expect that this matter is now clear.

:)

--

Maestro

Update, as phuketwan seems to be wavering now on what they may want to allow or not:

Due to Phuket Wan rules on what can be posted & sensitivity on deviation from those rules, Thaivisa has chosen to continue with their prior request to not post content or links to Phuket Wan at all.

--

Maestro