Ip Address Being Overwritten

torrenova

Just checked the port forwarding and my TCP/IPv4 details are being overwritten. Normally I have it set to a static IP and port 49999. I've used these for ages from before Vista in XP and after some hiccups in getting Vista to work with my security, all was ok. Now not ok and when I reset the figures to those from ipconfig/all, they say ok then when I check PF and it isn't ok I go back and they have been replaced with 0.0.0.0 but the default gateway and DNS numbers are there from before.

Never seen this before so I'm lost. Any ideas ?

All I've done is update Firefox, install a couple of FF add ons and a new dictionary.

Running utorrent 1.7.7. It did ask for an update to a latest version today but I declined. I've run some backup DVDs but apart from that, I cannot think of anything I've changed or done.

I have had a problem with a FF add on, causing problems with other functionality, now fixed as I removed the add on.

Never encountered with Utorrent anything like yours, just changes my IP sometimes. Stupid question, did you save after changing? (sorry that's all I can think of).

I use XP SP2 and FF 3.5.1 with Utorrent 1.8.3

Just noticed that in Advanced, something keeps putting an entry of 0.0.0.0 for IP address and Subnet Mask.

There is no "save" only an "OK".

I can go out cancelling as far as Local Area Connection Properties and it remains ok but if I go back one more step to Local Area Connection Status, then something puts the 0.0.0.0 in again. ?????????????????