Salad, Salad... Who's Got The Salad?!

yeeowww

There's a place due to open within a week or so on Huay Kaew Road, between the Salsa Kitchen (good) and a very popular Sushi bar (? good) - opposite the Shell petrol station.

The farang owner has had many years in CM in the fast food industry and is opening his low-price (79 baht ) steak, soup, salad and pasta bar.

Really can't tell you any more than that - but since I live very close by am waiting for the grand opening to try it out.

Cheers.

Have to correct any impression that I might have given that this establishment provides a salad bar. They, otherwise, have a fairly extensive menu. My wife and I stopped in for a light meal and enjoyed it thoroughly - salads served with the meal.

Cheers.

There's a place due to open within a week or so on Huay Kaew Road, between the Salsa Kitchen (good) and a very popular Sushi bar (? good) - opposite the Shell petrol station.

The farang owner has had many years in CM in the fast food industry and is opening his low-price (79 baht ) steak, soup, salad and pasta bar.

Really can't tell you any more than that - but since I live very close by am waiting for the grand opening to try it out.

Cheers.

Have to correct any impression that I might have given that this establishment provides a salad bar. They, otherwise, have a fairly extensive menu. My wife and I stopped in for a light meal and enjoyed it thoroughly - salads served with the meal.

Cheers.

What about the 79 Baht steak? How was it?

That reminds me of the Benny Hill sketch with the Chinese waiter. 

Waiter : "How your steak ?"

Customer: "It was rubbery"*  :D

Waiter: "Oh, thank you velly much. I glad you like" :)

* sounds like "lovely" to a Chinese man.

Cheers.

Cheers.

We had nicely grilled chicken, garlic bread, fries ( chips ) coleslaw and salads with mushroom sauce for that price. Enjoyed it as a light meal. Nice set up. friendly staff and English-speaking too. They have a fairly extensive menu. Hope they make a go of things.

Cheers.

QUOTE (miltonbentley @ 2009-07-22 13:27:17) Never been but I passed somewhere called The Salad Concept on Nimmanhemen Road today. You would hope they do a good one and it might be worth the OP checking it out.

That's a new place that has been shuttered for weeks, I've never seen it open. I don't know if they're slowly getting it ready to open or if they somehow went out of business before the ever opened.

Ate at Salad Concept today and had a great salad. It is NOT closed.

QUOTE (getgoin @ 2010-06-06 12:25:44) QUOTE (SwaziBird @ 2010-06-05 23:22:05) QUOTE (SwaziBird @ 2010-06-03 12:52:46) There's a place due to open within a week or so on Huay Kaew Road, between the Salsa Kitchen (good) and a very popular Sushi bar (? good) - opposite the Shell petrol station.

Cheers.

Cheers.

We had nicely grilled chicken, garlic bread, fries ( chips ) coleslaw and salads with mushroom sauce for that price. Enjoyed it as a light meal. Nice set up. friendly staff and English-speaking too. They have a fairly extensive menu. Hope they make a go of things.

Cheers.

So no steak for 79 Baht but chicken. Chicken is good for 79 Baht.

QUOTE (getgoin @ 2010-06-06 12:25:44) What about the 79 Baht steak? How was it?

That reminds me of the Benny Hill sketch with the Chinese waiter.

Waiter : "How your steak ?"

Customer: "It was rubbery"* bah.gif

Waiter: "Oh, thank you velly much. I glad you like" jap.gif

* sounds like "lovely" to a Chinese man.

Sounds lovely to a Chinese or in this case Thai but as far as a foreigner is concerned for 79 Baht you are going to get what you pay for. Pork or chicken filet and someone who doesn't know what they are talking about when it comes to food. Might as well eat at a crappy pork fat place that the Thais love. Sure you can cook at home for 79 Baht. Why go out to spend 79 Baht? You would have to be an idiot to cater to the 79 Baht crowd. Or desperate. My suggestion is to raise the prices and serve a decent product. 79 Baht? Go back to selling burgers.

QUOTE (miltonbentley @ 2009-07-22 13:27:17) Never been but I passed somewhere called The Salad Concept on Nimmanhemen Road today. You would hope they do a good one and it might be worth the OP checking it out.

That's a new place that has been shuttered for weeks, I've never seen it open. I don't know if they're slowly getting it ready to open or if they somehow went out of business before the ever opened.

Ate at Salad Concept today and had a great salad. It is NOT closed.

Could be because you replied to a post that was a year old. It was just opening back then.