Crackdown At Suvarnabhumi From July 28

churchill

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will also be interesting to see if there is a crackdown on taxis picking up passengers on the Departures level.

I often take taxis at the arrivals area because I don't like standing in line at the taxi stand in the arrival level. I always tip the driver at least an additional 50 baht, and feel better about them getting this money rather than others.

It will also be interesting to see if there is a crackdown on taxis picking up passengers on the Departures level.

I often take taxis at the arrivals area because I don't like standing in line at the taxi stand in the arrival level. I always tip the driver at least an additional 50 baht, and feel better about them getting this money rather than others.

Has anyone from King Power (friends of Newin :) ) been arrested yet for the 16 billion baht they have been accused of stealing from the Thai government in the last 4 years?

Come one, come all I say :D

AoT beefs up security at Suvarnabhumi

Baggage staff coming under closer scrutiny

Writer: AMORNRAT MAHITTHIROOK

Published: 31/07/2009 at 12:00 AM

Newspaper section: NewsAirports of Thailand Plc is stepping up security to curb thefts from passenger baggage at Suvarnabhumi airport.

AoT chairman Piyaphan Champasut said the board had expressed concern at a meeting yesterday about reports of thefts in the airport's luggage handling system.

Several passengers have complained that valuables packed inside their bags had disappeared. They discovered the thefts when they collected their baggage from carousels at the airport.

continued http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/2121...at-city-airport

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 31/07/09

On many occassions I have got the Free Shuttle Bus from the airport to the Taxi Rank, about 15 minute bus ride. When you get to the bus station , you cross the road to the 500 or so taxis waiting in the parking zone. You are met by a man who asks if you want a taxi , he then calls a taxi to you. A slip of paper is handed to the taxi driver, it is a 50bht surcharge,added to your fare.

Then the driver is told where you want to go but NO Meter is put on , they like to fix the price before you leave. Normally 1-200 bht more than it costs to get there on the meter .

I can speak a bit of Thai , refuse the 50 bht surcharge and demand the meter is put on. I have had to wait while 5 or 6 taxis leave the site until one will stop and put the meter on.

Stick to your guns and demand what you want , or they will screw you !!

On many occassions I have got the Free Shuttle Bus from the airport to the Taxi Rank, about 15 minute bus ride. When you get to the bus station , you cross the road to the 500 or so taxis waiting in the parking zone. You are met by a man who asks if you want a taxi , he then calls a taxi to you. A slip of paper is handed to the taxi driver, it is a 50bht surcharge,added to your fare.

Then the driver is told where you want to go but NO Meter is put on , they like to fix the price before you leave. Normally 1-200 bht more than it costs to get there on the meter .

I can speak a bit of Thai , refuse the 50 bht surcharge and demand the meter is put on. I have had to wait while 5 or 6 taxis leave the site until one will stop and put the meter on.

Stick to your guns and demand what you want , or they will screw you !!

Sounds like they copied the system from the old Beijing airport. 0 out of 10 for originality, 0 out of 10 for efficiency, 0 out of 10 for practicality.

I LOVE THAILAND ... :D

hehehe...gotta second that!

folks from home ask what i do to fill in the days...do you get bored...homesick...ect

Very hard to explain that simply being an observer of the daily amazing thailand soap opera is more entertaining then any circus act or comedy routine could ever be..

And the best thing is that the never ending material is replenished daily and delivered to our doorstep via wiseguys on thai visa....

LOS....land of stooges

:D:D:D

Until recently I did ten years time in LOS so eventually the folk back home stopped asking. It's even harder to explain in my present locale PRChina :D . But we know Thailand is the spice of life :D that never stops burning the palate of our sensibilities. Some of you have been in LOS longer so your sense of humor and of the absurd is developed to an even finer state. :)

Funny story about a taxi I caught from old Don Muang airport.

Went up to Arrivals and saw an older driver waving me over so I approaced, he seemed ok and immediately agreed to use the meter. The cab wasn't new but the driver was trying so hard I felt a bit sorry for him and got in the rear passenger seat. I thought it strange that he started requesting me to sit up front and I refused-but I soon learned why :) As soon as we were on the expressway and gained speed the cab's ceiling liner came down around my ears. The air/con didn't work, so I was in a mobile sauna with a ceiling liner for a hat. The driver was a decent guy and jabbered away happily- probably trying to distract me from the cab's defects.

At first it pissed me off because in a sense I'd been conned (poor taxi condition) but I soon chilled out and saw the inherent humor in my situation. We exchanges a few jokes, I decided to part on a high note and I even gave him a small tip when I arrived at my destination.

Happy memory :D