My Girl

Ricksomchai

Ok if i am to marry a thai and cant pay the family to marry her what can i do to get her past that?

also how can i get her to the USA so we are not so far apart?

see her mom wants $15000 as a doury.... thats abit much....

and well im not rich... she can marry but not until i pay this and as most of you are thinking well that will take some time... we dont want to loose time together so how can we get her here for a later wedding with her family can i marry her and bring her here ? without the family knowing we are married?

beeing married helps her chance of comeing to the US with me. the way i see it is its only a peace of paper

what can i do to get her here without the money at this time?

its too much and also i have to pay thousands every time i go to see her i will be 80 by the time she is next to me please tell me how to make this right?????

Ok if i am to marry a thai and cant pay the family to marry her what can i do to get her past that?

and well im not rich... she can marry but not until i pay this and as most of you are thinking well that will take some time... we dont want to loose time together so how can we get her here for a later wedding with her family can i marry her and bring her here ? without the family knowing we are married?

beeing married helps her chance of comeing to the US with me. the way i see it is its only a peace of paper

its too much and also i have to pay thousands every time i go to see her i will be 80 by the time she is next to me please tell me how to make this right?????

Firstly read all the other sin sod posts on this forum, the pinned one at the top of this page is quite good.

Edited by Garry9999

You can marry her without the knowledge or consent of her family, although you may have to convince immigration that you have solid reasons for doing so as they look upon "secret" marriages very suspiciously when you turn around and apply for a visa for her.

As for the money aspect, that's a subject of endless heated debate around here and you are likely going to hear 1001 different opinions but in the end it's up to you and her to decide what's acceptable to both of you.

You can get married without her parents knowledge. Just head down to any district office and register your marriage. You will need a letter from your embassy stating that you are single and she will need her house book and ID card.

Oops, I was beaten to it.

Edited by Norrad

It is a bit much isn't it. You would be better off finding a wife who comes from a family who are not trying to sell their daughter.

How old are you now?

Could you actually afford to support your wife?

Do you have a job?

Do you meet the requirements in respect of sponsorship of a visa?

Do you own a house?

I think you need to think with your head, more than with that other piece of anatomy.

P.S. Have you actually ever been to Thailand? :)

Sounds like you are already at retirement age.

What about selling up in the U.S and re-locating to LOS.

Then you can spend as much time with her as you want.

Also you don't need to marry her.

You will only have visa issues to deal with.

Bring her to the USA on a K-1 Visa, then get married.

It's faster and you get her here before she meets someone else that can pay the Sin Sod. That married Visa can take years to get, costing you thousands in time and money.

Once she starts working, let her send money to the village.

*j*

There are too many threads on ThaiVisa of a similar nature, mostly being conjured up by newbies, who suddenly disappear and are never heard of again.

Odds are that these are trolls with nothing better to do, so to avoid being suckered in by this, I think it is best to steer clear of these type of threads.

It is a bit much isn't it. You would be better off finding a wife who comes from a family who are not trying to sell their daughter.

Ricksomchai,

With all respect, but I think if you were to read your own post again and think a bit, you could figure out the answers yourself… (see note from ukrules above)

There are a lot of good threads on here regarding marriage and visa regulations. So you will be able to do some research yourself.

Regards

There are too many threads on ThaiVisa of a similar nature, mostly being conjured up by newbies, who suddenly disappear and are never heard of again.

Odds are that these are trolls with nothing better to do, so to avoid being suckered in by this, I think it is best to steer clear of these type of threads.

:)

Does she want to go to the US?

or do you want her to go to the US?

You hear so much about how these girls would do anything to get a passport for the US/UK/Aust. etc but I can't think of one girl I ever met who actually wanted to leave Thailand.

Seems like the parents hopes for a rich farang have fallen a bit short here.

Are you for real? Sound like another troll to me.

How old are you now?

Could you actually afford to support your wife?

Do you have a job?

Do you meet the requirements in respect of sponsorship of a visa?

Do you own a house?

I think you need to think with your head, more than with that other piece of anatomy.

P.S. Have you actually ever been to Thailand? :)

Im 28 years old and yes i have been to Thailand its very beautiful there and i have some good friends there but the laws of family are.....hmmm abit strange

Does she want to go to the US?

or do you want her to go to the US?

You hear so much about how these girls would do anything to get a passport for the US/UK/Aust. etc but I can't think of one girl I ever met who actually wanted to leave Thailand.

Seems like the parents hopes for a rich farang have fallen a bit short here.

She wants to go the thing is her family wants the doury she said she would run away with me hmmmm lol i wish it was that easy. if she did that they would not talk to her again i cant let this happen its her family you know? just coz i dont feel money should matter who am i to tell them what to do im not thai so i should keep my mouth shut on that matter. its not easy to see her crying about something i have no power over . and no to anyother when you love someone for years you cant just move on to the next thing aka anyother woman. so you have to look for help this is why im asking, what can i do to get her here?

is there a loop hole?

You can get married without her parents knowledge. Just head down to any district office and register your marriage. You will need a letter from your embassy stating that you are single and she will need her house book and ID card.

Oops, I was beaten to it.

so it can be done right...

what about a duel citizenship can this be done once she is in the USA? or will she need a work visa some told me once i get her here i can get duel citizenship for her she wants to work and well i cant complain about that. i know some might say she wants the money but if you knew her you would quickly have a change of heart she is very kind and abit innocent she puts all others before herself I keep getting so many story's on what to do I now only need the one that works if you can help i would be very grateful i need a loop hole

It's faster and you get her here before she meets someone else that can pay the Sin Sod. That married Visa can take years to get, costing you thousands in time and money.

*j*

well she is not looking to meet any other but i know what your saying. so if i file the K-1 visa she can come and marry here? people told me she needs 500,000 tb in her bank to show she can cover the trip thats $15000 who needs that much? I live in the US and i dont need that lol yes it would be nice buuuut....

is there anything im just not seeing? to tell you the truth this is not about being married, its about our time and as most know it will take alot of time to come up with that money. so how do i get the time i need that she needs together if she is here as we both want we can start twords a better future together not in 10 years but now ASAP....

please help me ... i cant watch her cry any more

I was thinking the same thing.

*j*

well she is not looking to meet any other but i know what your saying. so if i file the K-1 visa she can come and marry here? people told me she needs 500,000 tb in her bank to show she can cover the trip thats $15000 who needs that much? I live in the US and i dont need that lol yes it would be nice buuuut....

is there anything im just not seeing? to tell you the truth this is not about being married, its about our time and as most know it will take alot of time to come up with that money. so how do i get the time i need that she needs together if she is here as we both want we can start twords a better future together not in 10 years but now ASAP....

That's just not true. What I believe the people are referring to in that case is if she were seeking to visit the US by tourist visa (a non-immigrant visa), and the money in her bank account is not a guaranteed element to a successful application for a tourist visa. Regarding a K-1 visa (an immigrant visa) application, the financial responsibility is all yours. You would be her 'sponsor'. It is usually quicker to go the K-1 visa route rather than a marriage visa. Your problem however is not with her mother. It's with her. If you want to make things easier, see if you can get her out of her mother's home into her own place pending the K-1 visa process. If she agrees it will be an indication if she is truly committed to a future with you. There are plenty of threads outlining K-1 visa process. If you are sincere, but of equal importance, if she is sincere, then you just have to go through the legal steps. Barring something that would prevent her from immigrating, i.e. a criminal background, or disease (although this restriction is subject to waiver), you are pretty much guaranteed that she can immigrate to the US if you qualify as a sponsor. It has nothing to do with paying or not paying her mother, or anyone else for that matter.

Edited by venturalaw

I was thinking the same thing.

whats a thread? im new to this so i dont know what that is and why am i a troll im a 28 year old man

looking for an answer to this???? thats all

She`s probably crying so you pay faster I wouldn`t be the first time so tread carefully.

i know the whole Thai wanting money thing its not uncommon this is not one of those situations we dont care about the money its not about that its the situation that is the problem

He probably knows that is possible, BUT what does SHE think of this???

What does she think? well she wants to do it but i can see the worry in her eyes if her family finds out she will be very ashamed. Just the point she has to lie to them is bad she loves her family even if she does not like the money factor. She will take that very hard Thai are all about family this may eat her alive.

He probably knows that is possible, BUT what does SHE think of this???

What does she think? well she wants to do it but i can see the worry in her eyes if her family finds out she will be very ashamed. Just the point she has to lie to them is bad she loves her family even if she does not like the money factor. She will take that very hard Thai are all about family this may eat her alive.

How is it that you formed a relationship with her? Was it over the internet? Have you been to visit her here in Thailand? How long has your 'relationship' with her existed? It is odd that after spending the time to become so close as to consider marriage that all of a sudden the issue of her family and money came to the surface. Just curious, that's all. I'm not criticizing.