Basic Banking Query: Getting A New Passbook (scb)

The next time I update my current passbook it will run out of printing space. So of course I plan on visiting the bank to get a new passbook. It is a SCB savings account.

Some questions:

-- can I so this at any SCB branch or only home account branch (where it was opened)

-- do I need to bring my passport?

I know its basic. Thanks.

Thanks for the to the point reply. Its no big deal for me, ... off to my home branch with passport. It seems incredible though. Suppose a person opened their account in Bangkok and now live in Nong Khai, they have to make a special trip to get a new passbook?

Edited by Jingthing

The next time I update my current passbook it will run out of printing space. So of course I plan on visiting the bank to get a new passbook. It is a SCB savings account.

Some questions:

-- can I so this at any SCB branch or only home account branch (where it was opened)

-- do I need to bring my passport?

I know its basic. Thanks.

I enquired recently about obtaining a new passbook. The SCB branch I enquired at was not my "home" branch. I was told that a new book is obtainable from any branch as long as you have the old book and your passport with you.

It is a strange place,

I have a Bangkok Bank account in Bangkok for 7 years, but I live in Chon-Buri (Pattaya), I was told that I could only pay a cheque into my account in Bangkok, I could not get a statement of my account for Retirement Visa, Again had to go into Bangkok so this is a National Bank but in my mind it is only a local Bank, I have now opened a local bank account here in Pattaya, but what a lot of hassle for something so simple!!!!!!!!!

It is a strange place,

I have a Bangkok Bank account in Bangkok for 7 years, but I live in Chon-Buri (Pattaya), I was told that I could only pay a cheque into my account in Bangkok, I could not get a statement of my account for Retirement Visa, Again had to go into Bangkok so this is a National Bank but in my mind it is only a local Bank, I have now opened a local bank account here in Pattaya, but what a lot of hassle for something so simple!!!!!!!!!

You can get a replacement bankbook at any UOB branch, aywhere.

Any most of their other services can be transacted at any branch.

I recently lodged a Power of Attorney (POA) documents at a Bangkok branch, for an upcountry account. No hassle whatever, and I asked at the Bangkok branch if they could ask the upcountry branch to contact me personally to confirm the documents were in order etc. Sure enough, about 48 hours later the upcountry branch manager called me and confirmed: all received / all processed.