Why Not A Ford Escape?

All the time people are complaining and comparing and cheering on their SUV's, Fortuners, Captivas, CRVs, MU7s, and ofcourse the new Pajero Sport... But what happened to the Ford Escape? I was inside one of these little "SUV"s look a like a few weeks ago and I was impressed.

Does anyone own one? I would not buy a new one since they start at 1.4M THB but a 3 year old one that I can get for 599K... sounds like a nice thing??? What is wrong with the Escape or the Mazda for that sake??? Can anyone please tell me?

I think the Escape looks nice and they do have a sun roof, which I like here...

Please help me to understand why noone buys them!

The Mazda Tribute is the same, starting 2nd hand from 465,000, they have the 2lt, 2,3lt and the 3 lt

Most of the older Ford Escape are the 3lt and heavy on fuel

For the same size and price but a couple of years old you could also get a Landrover Freelander

Edit:

There are lots about, also the brand new ones, to me the older one looks better than the new model..

Parts are more expensive, deprecation is more than the other makes you listed.

Eg: a 2005 Mitz Space Wagon costs the same price as the Ford new, yet is worth 950,000 now, so some 400k more.

Edited by ignis

I just agreed to buy a 2nd hand Chevrolet Captiva yesterday, had a look at Ford but the Escape is too small for us.

One of the reasons i choose Chevrolt is the deprecation, its not a bad thing when you buy a preowned car :) , and plan to keep it for a long time.

If you like the Escape I´d say go for it!

Read a lot of tests and take your time when you look for one, sure you will get a good deal.

Here´s a good website: http://www.samarins.com/reviews/escape.html

The Ford I did look at was the Everest, nice prices but an ancient design and a huge car, to big for Bangkok traffic.

Tommy

Edited by 63Tommy1

I too looked at the Esape - second-hand but as in the "Triton" post I'm interested in its 4WD system but can't get a straight answer.

Is it a modern traction control type or simply a basic kind with no diff locks etc.? - I don't see any modified for "off-road" use either.

All the time people are complaining and comparing and cheering on their SUV's, Fortuners, Captivas, CRVs, MU7s, and ofcourse the new Pajero Sport... But what happened to the Ford Escape? I was inside one of these little "SUV"s look a like a few weeks ago and I was impressed.

Does anyone own one? I would not buy a new one since they start at 1.4M THB but a 3 year old one that I can get for 599K... sounds like a nice thing??? What is wrong with the Escape or the Mazda for that sake??? Can anyone please tell me?

I think the Escape looks nice and they do have a sun roof, which I like here...

Ford Escape is built in Philipina, the early ones had a V6 engine, they drove well. Problems: automatic transmission like to fail after 100'000 km, had one last month for repairs and now the bad news: No transmission avaible in thailand. To remove the automatic transmission we had to remove the whole engine. Big Job!

I have a Ford Escape...although is in the repair shop now (minor accident). They are not a bad ride and I think they are pretty good on fuel...mine is 3yrs+ now.

We never use the sun roof...too hot.

1 gripe I have is that the air con needs servicing a hel_l of a lot, I have had this done at Ford numerous times and it will work for a few weeks (really cold) and then filter off again....not staying cold all the time.

Mind you the car has been run daily and can say I have had my moneys worth.

When the time comes to trade this in I think I will look at the Volvo or Fortuner.

Edited by TheAceFace

• 10 years later...
26 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

I am not sure if my Ford Escape is 2007 or 2008 model. I am in Thailand, how c

an i tell  as the front r/h electric window motor has stopped working 

Have you just waited 11 years to hit the enter button on that post ??? 

The Vin number will tell you its age. 

https://itstillruns.com/tell-age-vehicle-vin-number-7485034.html

40 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

I am not sure if my Ford Escape is 2007 or 2008 model. I am in Thailand, how c

an i tell  as the front r/h electric window motor has stopped working 

The blue book will tell you the date it was manufactured.