O/s Mail Problems

OzMick

Sent a parcel to oz, and tracking says it has stalled in BKK Outgoing International for 7+ weeks. Local PO no help, told me phone call centre. Used a thai interpreter (other half) who was too polite to tell woman at call centre she was only there to keep me quiet. "Maybe you put the wrong address on the parcel". How would anyone in BKK know the address was wrong? Which part of AUSTRALIA in 6" letters is hard to understand? "It come back to you, but take long time" Just after my pigs sprout wings and fly south for the winter.

They have 2 e-mail addresses both are permanently over quota, mail undeliverable.

Any suggestions? Maybe I should write them a registered letter. :)

[/color][/size][/font]

If you have sent it by EMS then call 1545, they are very helpful and sometimes even have English speaking staff on duty.

But 7 weeks stuck in BKK indicates a customs problem.

Most parcels are x-rayed these days, could it be they saw something that should not have been in the box?

for example not even a small Buddha statue or amulet can be sent without prior permission.

opalhort

If you have sent it by EMS then call 1545, they are very helpful and sometimes even have English speaking staff on duty.

But 7 weeks stuck in BKK indicates a customs problem.

Most parcels are x-rayed these days, could it be they saw something that should not have been in the box?

for example not even a small Buddha statue or amulet can be sent without prior permission.

opalhort

1 fibreglass bike fairing panel shouldn't get custom's upset. 1545 is the call centre, good for useless suggestions about what I did wrong, but wouldn't even talk about getting someone to actually look for it, or refunding postage.