English Ale In Khon Kaen

hansnl

Can anybody help me? I try to find a bar/pub in Khon Kaen that serves English style beer.

Tetley's, John Smith......whatever.

Or somewhere to buy in tinned form?

Thanks

(Lager type beers give me the r*ns, while ales do not)

Edited by hansnl

Yeah Rocky bar sells John Smiths IIRC , also 7s bar sells cider and Guinness on draft and used to sell John Smiths on draft but dont think it does anymore.

Rocky's has Tetley's and Seven's replaced the John Smith's with Tetley's.

Seven's is at the end of the small soi opposite Bangkok Bank on Sri Chant Road,

Yeah Rocky bar sells John Smiths IIRC , also 7s bar sells cider and Guinness on draft and used to sell John Smiths on draft but dont think it does anymore.

I thought he was after "English" ales? I'm surprised no Irishman has written to complain about this afront to the pride of Ireland! :)

On a connected note, does anyone know where the imported Guiness to Thailand is brewed these days? Singapore or Malaysia perhaps? They used to have a brewery in Bangkok but it closed many years ago. More's the shame, given the appalling choice of beer available, vis a vis smaller neighbours like Cambodia. Having said that, the Laos range of beers is poor, although at least Lao Beer does make a dark variety which is quite palatable. :D

I thought he was after "English" ales? I'm surprised no Irishman has written to complain about this afront to the pride of Ireland! :)

On a connected note, does anyone know where the imported Guiness to Thailand is brewed these days? Singapore or Malaysia perhaps? They used to have a brewery in Bangkok but it closed many years ago. More's the shame, given the appalling choice of beer available, vis a vis smaller neighbours like Cambodia. Having said that, the Laos range of beers is poor, although at least Lao Beer does make a dark variety which is quite palatable. :D

Yes, you are right.

I was looking for "English" ales.

The pride of Ireland, Guinness, is brewed all over the world.

Even so, drank it in Ireland, in England, all over Europe, and I even tried to get it inside me in Asia.

I still do not like it.

I like Irish beer, but not Guinness.

I prefer, or maybe I should say preferred, The Wandsworth Young's Ales.

Since the closing of the Ram brewery, I gather it is not the same as before.

That said, wish I could obtain some bottles or even tins of Youngs bitter, or special.

hel_l, I even liked the dark Guinness imitation from Young's.

I recently had toothache causing the infected tooth to be rather sensitive to cold drinks.

My regular sundowner tipple is Chiang with a lemon top. Refreshing on a hot evening.

Well owing to the tooth I tried a glass of straight chang unchilled and had a pleasant surprise as it had the taste of bitter beer, especially if left open for a while for the gas to disperse. All-be-it rather a poor bitter (being a real ale fan) but at 35baht good enough for this Thai income teacher. Cheers to all in Isaan from Chiang Rai in the Lanna Kingdom.