Kuala Lumpur Visa Run

I'm heading to Penang next week, but in light of the new troubles getting a tourist visa there, has anyone tried Kuala Lumpur lately? I haven't found any current reports here.

Are they issuing tourist visas in KL without any difficulty?

If you've been there lately, perhaps you could give us an update?

... and maybe a short outline on the visa application process? i.e, how long it takes to get the visa ... what documents you need ... any agents you used and would recommend. (even places to stay :)))

THANKS!

I am also desperate for this information so if anybody can give some concrete information about tourist visas being issued there in the last few days this would be a big help. I need to know if they are issuing even if I have 3+ tourist stamps in my passport.

I spoke to Herbert (big name in the business from Samui) he told me that I would be unable to get a tourist visa anywhere in Asia as I already have 3 stamps, but this contradicts some of the posts on here about KL and Vientiane.

Any information about this would be massively appreciated

I'm heading to Penang next week, but in light of the new troubles getting a tourist visa there, has anyone tried Kuala Lumpur lately? I haven't found any current reports here.

... and maybe a short outline on the visa application process? i.e, how long it takes to get the visa ... what documents you need ... any agents you used and would recommend. (even places to stay :)))

THANKS!

I was there two months ago no problems then but I don't know about now, but you were asking about getting there so

heres what I done from LCCT took a taxi from the desk after customs for 700 baht to the embassy, it closes at 11.30 am taxi takes 45 minutes, arrived embassy 11.10am ( I've done this 4 times now and never been a problem getting there before closing) handed my papers in for an Non O came out of the front gate turn right and walk 10 minutes down to Ampang Park metro line, and went to Chinatown (Pensar Seni station 16 baht) Chinatown Hotel 600 baht, next day I took the metro back to embassy, theres a Mcdonalds outside Ampang Park where you can stay till the embassy opens at 2.30pm, left the Embassy back to the metro station to KL Sentral 20 baht and caught the AirAsia bus for 90 baht to the LCCT with two half to spare for my 18.45 flight back to Bangkok.

If you don't want to go straight to the embassy take the AirAsia 90 baht bus to KL Sentral then cross the road to the Rapid train and go to Pensar Seri Chinatown, lots to do around there and the foods cheap although beers expensive 70 baht a can in the 7.

Hope this is of help.

I was there two months ago no problems then but I don't know about now, but you were asking about getting there so

heres what I done from LCCT took a taxi from the desk after customs for 700 baht to the embassy, it closes at 11.30 am taxi takes 45 minutes, arrived embassy 11.10am ( I've done this 4 times now and never been a problem getting there before closing) handed my papers in for an Non O came out of the front gate turn right and walk 10 minutes down to Ampang Park metro line, and went to Chinatown (Pensar Seni station 16 baht) Chinatown Hotel 600 baht, next day I took the metro back to embassy, theres a Mcdonalds outside Ampang Park where you can stay till the embassy opens at 2.30pm, left the Embassy back to the metro station to KL Sentral 20 baht and caught the AirAsia bus for 90 baht to the LCCT with two half to spare for my 18.45 flight back to Bangkok.

If you don't want to go straight to the embassy take the AirAsia 90 baht bus to KL Sentral then cross the road to the Rapid train and go to Pensar Seri Chinatown, lots to do around there and the foods cheap although beers expensive 70 baht a can in the 7.

Hope this is of help.

AWESOME! That helps A LOT! I've never been to KL, and appreciate you taking the time to walk me through it!

Thanks very much!

Michael

... and maybe a short outline on the visa application process? i.e, how long it takes to get the visa ... what documents you need ... any agents you used and would recommend. (even places to stay :) ))

THANKS!

Hope this is of help.

Nice one mate just a few things,

can you pay in baht or have you just currency converted for us?

what is the LCCT

Nice one mate just a few things,

can you pay in baht or have you just currency converted for us?

what is the LCCT

I converted to baht but it's roughtly ten baht to the ringett so easy to convert. The LCCT is Low Cost Carrier Terminal where AirAsai go to , their bus stops outside to the right when you come out of the terminal, if you want a taxi straight to the embassy after you clear customs theres a taxi counter buy your ticket there (70 ringetts) and go out to the taxi rank.

Chinatown Hotel is in Petaling St the main market street theres a few hotels priced between 60 to 100 ringetts in Petaling itself try Chinatown Hotel not Chinatowm 2 Hotel although it's very clean the walls are like paper and you can't switch off the aircon.

You can take a taxi to Butik Bintang the main tourist area if you want a change from Chinatown for around 10 ringetts ( they'll not use the meter).

Cheers,